• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could choose any pokemon to start with...

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2004
I'd like to see a miniature version of Deoxys.

I once played a Crystal Hack that when I got to the part where I got to choose a starter, there was a really long table with all 251 Pokemon to choose from! I picked Mareep.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Sparks_67 said:
But you know wooper. I jusr ask cause frost likes them plus they are resistant to thunder but very weak to grass.
and not to mention, almost all dragons are very weak to ice as well. Deoxy can't do crap against quick attacker. Blissey makes 1/3 of all Pokemon in the world useless, while Skarmory can also wipe out another 1/3. Armaldo destroys Ninjask, but Ninjask is still used quite commonly. Shedinja can get OHKO by a lot of stuff, but is still consider to be useful sometimes. Just because it's weak, doesn't mean it's not usable.

Quagsire is in fact one of the only 3 usable Pokemon in my team of favorites that is actually usable in the real game, being completely resistance to both electric and water is a great advantage. (the other being Lanturn and Kingdra, and the whole beam is screwed by a single Blissey or Regice, that is if sheer cold misses ^^; )

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Sparks_67 said:
But if you teach a sableye skill swap and then throw out a shednija it will be invicble unless you have a pokemon that knows oder sleuth or foresight and a fighting move.
And out comes Skarmory and roar...

and that's gg for "invincible" sableye

Plus on top of that, I'm not sure if skill swap will even hit on Shedinja... (not sure about trace either since I never bothered to look up Shedinja's technical information when T-tar roams around NB for endless days)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
i'd start with... squirtle (creative... i know) *so cool*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Sableye is a UU for stalling though... it has an excellent movepool with toxic, confuse ray night shade and recover all at once... well but the defensive stats is pure repulsive... just like how Cacturne's moveset all are defensive based, but its stats say that it's a slow sweeper o.o;

hmm...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Squirtle... hehe I use it on my team too as Suicune replacement ^^
(due to a much hated personality of mine to treat using Suicune on any team of mine as S-I-N, I just have to use something weaker that can stall and haze/pseudohaze at the same time)

Tyranitar... x_x; I'm starting to hate it so much now after seeing it two times out of every 5 battle

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
Scyther, Just because he is my favorite.
Of corse I would catch a few making the team I wanted, maybe carry around 8 pokeballs with me. Who says you can only have 6 with you? XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Sparks_67 said:
Well thats wierd I hardly see one but you know red in crystal he was evil.
it's usually metagross, salamence or tyranitar as the physical sweeper anyway...

Red is not even close to evil... his only strong Pokemon is a snorlax, and thank goodness it doesn't have curse but amnesia instead? That means, it's physical completely vulnerable...

jscn12

Stupid Loser
Years
Um.....I would probably go with a Venusaur becuase he's cool and grass. But, Slaking would be cool becuase he is the strongest pokemon on my team....beat that lame heracross (yea....you heard me ryan...)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
wow, i thought you said that you weren't going to get in my face about it because i've beaten you over 100 times, but... that lame john, always goes back on his word (yea... you heard me john...)

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
frostweaver said:
lol... I don't think it works that way Iveechan ^_^; Starters seem to have to have a total of 3 different stage of evolution. And so in terms of fighting type, there's just Machop and only Machop for you ;p

Why are you targetting me when others want to start with freakin' legends and two-stage Pokemon? This is personal opinion.

Well, if I HAD to choose a 3 stage Pokemon, then Trapinch. Slow as heck and takes forver to reach its 2nd form, but those early dark moves could be useful, and I like Flygon.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
raichu rulz...

I would start off with either tyranitar, beldum, bagon, pikachu, absol or eevee

Last edited:

jscn12

Stupid Loser
Years
rsgh5 said:
wow, i thought you said that you weren't going to get in my face about it because i've beaten you over 100 times, but... that lame john, always goes back on his word (yea... you heard me john...)

Fine ryan, you're heracross owns my team....except slaking.

Back