• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Transformers for the PS2. I've heard its the best Transformers game, and that's not a wrong opinion. Brutal, but fair.
I think that Transformers for the PS2 is a great-yet-horribly overlooked game, and it had phenomenal graphics for a PS2 game. Then there were the open levels, the customization, and the mechanics that were overall pretty innovative. I think the only Transformers games that could rival it are War for Cybertron and its sequel, but only because I've never played the two. Other than that, I'd definitely say it was the best Transformers game, and one of the most overlooked games on the system.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Was that the game based on the Michael Bay movie?
Nonono, that was the sadly far more popular Transformers: The Game. People pretty much excepted that one as bad, but it overshadowed the other one so much (since Transformers came out just before the movie did) that not many people know about Transformers because of the similar titles and the popularity of the movie.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I actually never knew there was another Transformers game on the PS2. Wow.

Actually I only found out about the War of Cybertron games at the start of this year. Bleh.

TY

Ive been playing tons of Tactical Ops now after i mentioned it earlier xD
Gotta love AI quotes at the start of a new round xP

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yep, if you have a PS2 and love Transformers, hunt down the Armada game. Like Machomuu eloquently put it(and like most times, better then me)its a gem. I was giddy with joy when I saw that used copy just siting there for the taking, cause I knew what that game was. Like yesterday I saw this steal, a new copy of Metroid Trilogy unopened for 50 euros only. That thing is so bought.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Like yesterday I saw this steal, a new copy of Metroid Trilogy unopened for 50 euros only. That thing is so bought.
Found one for 20 euros like three years ago, but it was a time where I didn't realize its value and wasn't particularly interested in the series due to me not liking Prime 3. (Yet here I am, waiting for my copy of Prime 1 that I ordered)
And not only that, I also found Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for 7 euros like last year, and when I went to buy it the next day, it was gone. GONE. ;______; UGH

Also I'd like to this article: Top 10 games of 2013. It is such a refreshing list that lacks the obvious picks and is incredibly written. Probably my favorite GOTY list from this year by far. Can't applaud it enough.

I don't entirely agree either, my top 10 is way off:
1. New Super Luigi U
2. Luigi's Mansion 2
3. Metal Gear Rising
4. Tearaway (subject to change maybe? Only started it but I'm LOVING it holy crap)
5. Winnie the Pooh Homerun Derby
6. Pikmin 3
7. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (would be way higher if it wasn't a 30fps port)
8. Super Mario 3D World
9. Ace Attorney Dual Destinies
10. ...Probably Sly 4. I haven't really played this enough but I loved what I played.

But I can't help but respect that. Bravo.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Spinosaurus, I applaud your inclusion of Satan's Baseball Derby. That damn thing was easily the best way to open up a year of gaming. So torturous, yet so good. And the rest of your list resembles mine too, except for the Sony choices. Haven't touched a PS3 yet.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Spinosaurus, I applaud your inclusion of Satan's Baseball Derby. That damn thing was easily the best way to open up a year of gaming. So torturous, yet so good. And the rest of your list resembles mine too, except for the Sony choices. Haven't touched a PS3 yet.
It was THE game to start the year with. Amazing that a browser game aimed for kids was this incredibly hard yet incredibly addicting as well. Had so much fun and laughs from this game that I'm actually serious in including it in my list.

It also was the source for some of the best GIFs this year.
ipimOAMnZG0fl.gif

I WILL save Hundred Acre Woods, Robin, even if it kills me!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
3D World and Tearaway are the games that should win imo but it'll either be The Last of Us or GTAV, as usual.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
A gentlemen in the comments had it right... He redacted every title on the list besides GTAV, TLOU, Mario, LoZ and Bioshock: Infinite. And tbh, I didn't really think too much of Infinite.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Knowing IGN, I honestly think somehow Bioshock is gonna get it. I dunno why, I just feel like they're gonna do something like that.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
I'd say the same as Machomuu said - one of either of those. They're some of the hugest hits this year,and I'd say they're the front runners for GotY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back