• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Started playing the other night on the version in the OP, I'm also running into that bug with the chick outside firey path (who I think you said is supposed to give an egg) where I can't interact with her and wailmers appear visually if I try. On top of that I've also run into the "moon stone" pokeball in slateport appearing multiple times, and was also able to get the tyrogue egg on two separate occasions so far from the npc outside the pokecenter.

Also on Route 113 a trainer Parasol Lady Madeline has a Delcatty that ONLY knows sing. Not sure if this is intentional but it basically uses sing till its out then only has struggle.

Last edited:
Years
holy ****. How I am supposed to beat team magma when they are trying to steal rocket fuel? Steven is beaten with 3 attacks.

Edit:
And my guess is that it's impossible to edit Steven in this battle so that's why he's just a piece of ****. I just tried to find him with battleEd

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Hi guys, I've found a bug inside the abandoned ship. Eventually you will encounter a "?" pokemon. If u beat it u gain 1 exp (lol). If u try to catch it then the game will freeze (and u will need to reset the game). Attaching some screenshots:

can't post the screenshots til 15 messages :___D

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Another bug, in lavaridge town I can pick up water/leaf/fire stones but the one in the top right corner that I assume is a thunder stone I can not interact with to get.

Also I just went to the desert after it and I think you forgot to change the trainers there for a hard mode, they're all like 8-10 levels lower than where I would expect them to be at this point considering you can't fight them till after flannery and other routes where the trainer pokes are stronger too. They also only have two pokemon and usually unevolved version, the entire route feels fairly vanilla trainer wise (including the fighter trainer next to torchic on the mountain). This really hurts you cause its basically the only set of new trainers between flannery and norman's gyms and there's a decent level gap there I think you're expected to close a bit of, but without those trainers being upgraded you don't at all so you go into normans gym way too low. I'm now sitting on a team of 39/40s and work my way up to norman and he tosses out two 48s at me. That scaling seems way off since I'm now apparently expected to go grind 6-8 levels on my entire team on 300-600exp wild pokemon :/ fixing up the desert by giving the trainers a bunch more pokes at the right levels for way more exp would definitely help with this problem I've run into that just feels like poor scaling atm.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
The dual battle on the space centre is near impossible unless you grind till lvl80-90. Wich is very difficult because the highest lvl wild pokemon is lvl 45-50.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
Im all for making a game harder but some stuff is ridiculous.... swellow has thunderbolt? And 1hit KOing my team and bug Pokemon are basically sweeping my pokemon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
has anyone managed to get beldum? i cant find the woman that is supposed to give me the egg. And there are multiple bugs where some items cant be obtained. Other that those things i am enjoying this hack. Currently i am grinding all my pokemon till lvl80-85 before i face the elite 4.

Edit: another bug is when you first get to mirage tower to awaken rayquaza the tower is treated like the second time you would go there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I believe the beldum egg is the chick outside of fiery path you can't properly interact with which is a shame.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Just beat e4 and wallace (surprisingly with a lv81 breloom and spore + leech seed combo as a lead)

I was wondering two things!

1- in the double battle in which you ally with steven, are his pokemon purposely underleveled to make it more of a challenge? That was the most difficult battle in the game so far since its a 1 vs 2 battle in the end

2- was the iv rater in battle frontier moved or removed? I went to check and he just tells me his favorite pokemon is snorlax

Sorry if it's been asked already!
Great hack, btw, had tons of fun with it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Can someone make a patch that makes expert emerald and moemon compatible? I've been trying to make one myself to no avail

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
im positively sure they arent there because ive checked with advanced map.

Firey Path definitely has wild pokemon when you walk through the first part of it, dunno about the part that needs strength to get to cause I havent done it yet. Haven't been to Jagged yet.

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2023
Just beat e4 and wallace (surprisingly with a lv81 breloom and spore + leech seed combo as a lead)

I was wondering two things!

1- in the double battle in which you ally with steven, are his pokemon purposely underleveled to make it more of a challenge? That was the most difficult battle in the game so far since its a 1 vs 2 battle in the end

2- was the iv rater in battle frontier moved or removed? I went to check and he just tells me his favorite pokemon is snorlax

Sorry if it's been asked already!
Great hack, btw, had tons of fun with it

1. It's due to it being incredibly hard to change Steven's Pokémon in that Battle.

2. Moved.

Firey Path definitely has wild pokemon when you walk through the first part of it, dunno about the part that needs strength to get to cause I havent done it yet. Haven't been to Jagged yet.

The Strength area is the same area, also under the same map and class, so it would also have Pokémon.

Jagged Pass has Pokémon. Make sure you don't use Repels or the such, or have a Pokémon with Intimidate in the front, as the forner negates lower-Levelled Pokémon, and the latter makes Pokémon encounters somewhat rare, iirc.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
Just want to say this is a great hack, but the abilities doc dosen't seem to be fully completed yet?
For example, Mudkip has Sturdy but this was not reflected, and for example. Does blaziken have speed boost?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Just want to say this is a great hack, but the abilities doc dosen't seem to be fully completed yet?
For example, Mudkip has Sturdy but this was not reflected, and for example. Does blaziken have speed boost?
They are not incomplete, they are just using 3rd generation mechanics.
And Blaziken having Speed Boost was either removed due to making Blaziken OP or you just did not catch the one with Speed Boost as it's his second ability.

Back