• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

//Map of the Week\\ - Vote for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Mr. Fury's map, it looks like he spent time mapping it because of all the trees and stuff.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Satoshi's map.
The tiles and palletes are great.
Though I don't like the very small waterfalls.
Still, my vote goes to him.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
why wasnt my map enterd into this maybe you missed mine out
Don't ask why your map wasn't up here. There is a reason why: I put up 5 maps a week, and I only put up maps that are descent enough. Besides, yours MAY or MAY NOT be up there next week..you never know? ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
You need some organization, else you'll get some problems with the mappers out of the list. But, well, looks like a good idea.
I'll try to participate (voting, not mapping lol) from time to time.

But, since I dont feel like just giving a reason why I pick the map I pick would be fair to the others, I'll also write a bit on why I didnt like the other candidates (yeah, there's zel, always creating his own rules... XP)

I'll start with the ones I didnt pick...

エロカメ's map: Looks decent, but I dont think first town maps are usually interesting. The snowy tileset is kinda overused, and out of those, I prefer the one that has the appearance of having everything under snow (houses, trees)

Mr.Fury's map: Snowy, again. But at least the trees distribution makes the map look more cool. But, was it a town or a route? I didnt understand that.

Darthatron's map: Being honest, it was a bit boring, but probably because it was supposed to be a city, with everything perfectly aligned. I didnt like the über big Pokemon Gym.
Perhaps if the park (was it supposed to be a park, with the fountain?) were in the middle of the city, just to destroy a bit of the order I could have liked it more.

Satoshi Sugimori's map: Although the map looks pretty well designed, my only problem lies in the palettes. I'll give you that I dont think I have seen such palettes in the past, but on the other hand I didnt like them. A bit too strong for me, sorry.

And so... My pick goes to...

G@mbit's map: I cant force a R1 map to be a bit bigger (but I still recommend a small expansion)
Maybe didnt require too much effort mapping, though. But I'll still pick it because I think it seems to be the most balanced of the five: I like the palettes, the mapping is ok, and it combines some Kyle, DP and a few tiles I havent seen before.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
You should put all the maps that have been rated by GOOD mappers with 8/10 or higher or something.

I agree. I don't think its fair for one member to decide which maps are eligible for voting.

I vote for エロカメ's Map because although it is lacking in many things path shape and placement of trees and houses look wonderful.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I vote for Satoshi, I love the tiles and the map shape. Although the waterfalls are a bit messed up I think that the other things make up for it.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
why wasnt my map enterd into this maybe you missed mine out
Hey, just read the first post! He only adds five a week, so you were just left out. There's a chance you'll get added next week, but probably not.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Sorry I'm late guys, I was watching a new episode of iCarly. ;D

Anyways, today, is the big day..the first week winner. The winner for the Map of the Week - Week 1 is: Satoshi Sugimori's Map!

VOTES:
Satoshi Sugimori's Map: 8 votes.
G@mbit's Map: 3 votes.
Mr.Fury's, Darthatron's, and エロカメ's Maps: Tied with 1 vote.

DITCHED VOTES:
thededkid1's: Not enough posts.
bludycomicsinc's: Invalid vote. (Not a real reason: "It looks great.")

Now the new map added this week was Disturbed's Map. Have fun voting, and to the ones who voted, but were ditched, be sure to read the rules before voting again.
Happy Voting~

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I think you should have 5 new maps each week. It gives other people a chance to win rather than the same group of people every week.

I vote for Disturbed's map. Pallete changes look wonderful and the tree placement is nice.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, I keep the same ones on for the month, then when the month is over, I choose different ones. I also decide whether A map can have a second chance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention you get a simple little banner by me if you win. Nothing special, but hey, at least you get something! xD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
...I'll go Disturbed's map. Trees, grass, river, mountain shape...all looks great.
And the pallete of the mountainds is cool.

I think you should have a few different maps per week, otherwise getting chosen makes you really likely to get it and only 8 people get a chance to win...
I think it needs some major reformatting...

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
I vote for Disturbed's map because it has a good lay out and it has a nice feel to it.

Last edited:
Years
I vote for Disturbed's map..
Reason: It has nice palettes, the placing of the trees seems very well thought of an I like the overall look :)

Look in siggie I got a userbar for winning!:P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
All new layout thanks to ?TB Pro?! ^^

@?TB Pro?: I added a Credit section, and your in it. ;D
I might add a little CSS from my hack thread, I'll preview it first to see how it goes.

EDIT: CSS has been added to the first post, thanks to me! xD
And dshayabusa for the layout for my hack thread.

Last edited:

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
Years
I vote for: Disturbed's Map
Why? It is beautifully natural, and the new rock palletes fit in perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back