• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teeth!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
How are you with your teeth? Do you take extra care of them? Just brush and floss and go for your bi-annual check ups? Do you have/have you had braces? Do you eat/drink a lot of sugary stuff? Have you had any cavities or root canals?

You don't have to answer all of those, just some questions for general discussion! n_n

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I do actually take really good care of my teeth. I brush and floss everyday, which isn't really anything extraordinary. But no cavities or other procedure besides braces.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I go to the dentist twice a year and brush my teeth twice a day. Im not a good flosser and always forget to floss. Ive only had one cavity so far and it was so minor the dentist didnt even need to give me a filling( there was no drilling, he used a different method of filling the cavity and I didnt need to be numbed, it didnt hurt at all) So I generally take good care of my teeth. I worry about soda and stuff doing damage so I try to use straws if I drink soda. Ive had braces but only on the top and my teeth have since moved so need to be straightened but I also need my wisdom teeth and my second molars out due to overcrowding in my mouth. Then I hope to straighten my teeth.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I really want braces ;n; I have a crossbite which resulted in TMJ, which my dentist told me braces could fix but alas no insurance u_u

I have an impacted wisdom tooth coming in which is just screwing my jaw up even more, and again the lack of insurance ugh ugh ugh. It was actually the pain of that wisdom tooth that inspired this thread xD

As far as care goes I brush, floss, and swish mouth wash twice a day. I'm kind of fanatical about them, I went out of my way to buy the dental instruments they use for cleanings to do my own teeth every month or two. And I'm a little obsessed with whitening them; I'm sure I'm going to have some enamel and sensitivity problems in the future but they just look so nice ;n;

I think I'm a little obsessed because when I was younger with baby teeth I was never taught proper oral hygiene thus I had many cavities and a root canal when I was seven, that's definitely one way to learn your lesson. :\

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I brush my teeth well but I never remember to floss oops. I've had two cavities, I believe. :T But they were minor and didn't even require numbing to be filled.

I do have braces [I'm younger than the majority of PC members] and they'll come off in two years, meaning I'll have had them for a total of four years. D:

I have a really minor overbite but had to use two different jaw appliances (at different times) to fix it because it was really bad before. I also have TMJ but it doesn't give me much trouble. Just crackles and pops a bit when I open my mouth the whole way. It hasn't gotten totally stuck yet. n_n"

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I try to do as much as I can for them. They're crooked and I do have an under-bite, and I'm financially screwed over (and anticipate being so for the next few years,) so braces are out of the question for now.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I take extreme care with my teeth. I floss after every meal and before I got to bed and before I go to sleep. I brush at least twice a day and use mouth wash to get rid of all the nasties that still seem to remain. I know I can't get my mouth/gums/teeth 100% clean, but I can always try! =p

My mum had to get her gums cut open and cleaned as she developed gum disease, where her gums began moving back from her teeth. This would eventually lead them to lose their strength, and then fall out. I obviously don't want that happening to me, so I do everything I can to keep them in good condition.

Plus everyone loves a shiny, white smile. ;)

Years
Oh geez, I had one of my incisors grow in all small and deformed (which had to be pulled) and the other never grow at all so I had braces on forever to close the gaps. Took forever. They also filed down my canines so it wouldn't look funny. I've also had all my wisdom teeth pulled. So I'm, like, 6 teeth sort of a full mouth. Oh, also, one of my front teeth has a chip in it so make that 6 and a quarter teeth.

But I've only had one cavity in my life, which is great because I only take moderately good care of my teeth.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Every weekday I brush my teeth. Weekends it tends to slip my mind because I do it out of morning routine habit and I don't have a morning routine on the weekends since I usually just lay in my bed and occasionally leave my room and walk around like a zombie trying to function properly as quickly as possible so I can go back to sleep. That's the only thing I do to my teeth. I don't have insurance, so I can't go to the dentist for checkups like all you other fancy hens.

Years
I brush twice a day and floss in the night and then yeah go twice a year to the dentist. I did have braces for about 15 months or something to straighten my teeth which worked out quite well for me in the long run.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't go to the dentist regularly, but I brush my teeth twice a day and use mouth wash at least one of those two times (most commonly after I brush in the morning). I carry floss on me occasionally, but out of the times I have it, I don't actually use it, so it's a moot point regardless.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I brush my teeth twice a day but I only floss on the rare occasions I actually think of it. I also haven't been for a dental check up in over five years and I'm refusing to go because I know if I do he'll find something and I'll have to have some sort of procedure which will be painful and that terrifies me lol.

I never had to have braces though and my teeth look pretty great so I'm happy with that for now! :D

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
My teeth are pretty strong, but the only problem is, they're sort of pushed forward. I'll be wearing braces soon, sho exchpect I'll thalk likeh thish.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I brush my teeth once or twice a day. Always in the morning, and sometimes at night if I can remember. I've got a really good electric toothbrush, so my teeth always feel immaculate every morning. By about lunch time however... I do like to drink Coke, so that's probably had its effects on my teeth over the years. My teeth are certainly a lot better than they were when I was younger; there'd often be whole days where I would just forget or not bother to brush them, and it really took its toll. Although unrelated, I needed braces for about 2 years as well. That was fun! I don't need a retainer any more, and it's been off for about 6-7 years, without any teeth movement, so I think I'm doing all right! :D

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I've stopped drinking pop drinks.. and I limit my coffee drinkage. I'm very particular about my teeth.. though recently I accidentally bit down on my fork and chipped one of the edges of my bottom teeth. You can't really see it (only if you look very close) but I can feel it and it really bothers me so I'm going to get it filed a bit. I was absolutely mortified when it happened and I had a panic attack because of it. :c I am scared of anything bad happening to my teeth because I pride myself in my smile (it's like the only bit of me that I like.)

Years
I brush my teeth twice a day. There were a few times when I forgot to brush before going to bed and ended up waking in the middle of the night and realizing, then getting up to brush haha. I've tried to floss but it just isn't a habit I can stick to. :/ My teeth are very straight and white but I did have several cavities filled in August, though that was cause I didn't go to the dentist for like seven years before then.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
My teeths are fine, one or two cavity but okay nonetheless, and my front teeth are just pushed forward. And... I gotta take out all 4 of my wisdom tooth which are UNDER my gum. And after that, I need to get braces to get my front teeth fixed :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I went 2-3 years with my braces because my teeth were horribly crooked. They're straight now and I wear retainers when I sleep (sometimes).

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i brush teeth twice a day i have gone to dentist only once that to with my cousin bcuz she had braces xD XD other than that i haven't gone to dentist
my mom said i would have braces

Back