• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Pokémon can learn, but shouldn't.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
Years
Dunsparce learns Glare at level 12. Look at this thing!

Dunsparce.png

Love Dunsparce though!

jynx and attract no thank you

Years
How in hell Surf is "Water" typed when used by Pikachu, Snorlax (yes this fat guy can "surf"), ... in the middle of desert... ?!
Murkrow and Diglett can learn Sucker Punch... Punch... Punch... Punch... Punch... Punch...

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Mew can learn anything which is crazy...

Yes, I think its crazy too, especially if it learns moves such as Pluck and Sky Drop, which are supposed to be exclusive to birds, and Struggle Bug, which only Bug-types should have, not to mention Earthquake, which is another unusual move in its arsenal considering the fact that Mew weighs just 9 pounds to be able to shatter the earth.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Guys quit asking the same question over and over. Dugtrio can learn Sucker Punch because it don't require arms or ANYTHING. It's simply a sneak attack, that's all. Which is why it can learn it. I still haven't figured out Rhydon tho. Someone brought up Tyranitar, and it's the same situation with Rhydon it's weak against it which makes no sense. Maybe they have armor or something, hell I don't know lol.

Mew is supposedly the ancestor of Pokemon so it makes sense that it could learn any more. It's got all they're genes so that may explain why it can learn any move. Arceus and Mew are the only two Pokemon that can learn any move.

Bobby Emerald

A voice of reason.
Years
Doduo and Dodrio can learn fly because they spin their heads like a helicopter. Or they do a giant jump. It is the most logical explanation.

lolwat
They DO have wings (look up their pokedex entries on bulbapedia or wherever else), they're just hella short and they blend in with the rest of their bodies.

It's got nothing to do with appearances, but I never really liked that a fair amount of Ground types learned Mud Sport. Its effect ends when the user switches out, so why even bother using it in the first place if you're immune to it?

As someone else mentioned, I believe Mud Sport is meant to be used in double battles.

I don't get how lucario learns dragon pulse. I mean okay its the Aura Pokemon, but dragon pulse literally makes no sense. Other reptilian Pokemon sure, but a mammal, it makes no sense.

It is very questionable....the Aura thing would be its only excuse for learning that, and it's not a very good one.

What?!! Haha...
The kinds of Pokemon that can learn Toxic despite being about as poisonous as a healing antidote.
Mew can learn anything which is crazy...
Juat some from the top of my head.

For the whole Toxic thing, I guess every pokemon (aside from Unown) has some kind of bio-hazard in its body that could be poisonous. It's worth looking into...

Mew learning anything really isn't crazy at all. And IIRC, it canNOT learn Sketch and Chatter, for some reason.

Dunsparce learns Glare at level 12. Look at this thing!

Dunsparce.png

Love Dunsparce though!

I figure that Dunsparce, being a snake, can contort its face to make a glare.

How in hell Surf is "Water" typed when used by Pikachu, Snorlax (yes this fat guy can "surf"), ... in the middle of desert... ?!
Murkrow and Diglett can learn Sucker Punch... Punch... Punch... Punch... Punch... Punch...

Why WOULDN'T Surf be Water typed? Even if Pikachu is using it, you still need water to surf....it's not unbelievable. Snorlax can do butterfly stroke......
About that bit "in the middle of desert," I have no idea what you're talking about, actually.

According to bulbapedia, the Japanese version of Sucker Punch literally means "surprise attack". Also, a sucker punch doesn't exactly HAVE to be a punch, you know.

I still find it odd that the Seel line can learn Thief, but the Spheal line cannot.

....I guess the Spheal line is too heavy to steal effectively :P

Back