• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Plis send me the message when some version will be able to download xD
Fakemons are great and i think i know what starter i will chose xD

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
this sounds very very gd, the only prob is there hasn't been an update for 10 month from what i see, hope its still alive !!!

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Yeah... I hope it is still alive, because the project is great and i've been following the development of this project since 2008.

I'm still waiting for some update, mainly because the website is now inaccessible (it says "This Account Has Been Suspended" when I try to access it), so I'm a bit affraid that the project is dead, but I really really really hope it is not... --'

P.S. My favourite pokemon is Serpentyre (I think it was its name)...

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Yeah pedrito i had the same problem, i hope this will be some release.

My fav. fakemon was grass/dark tipe pokemon i don't realy remmember his name xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Stop bumping this thread, guys. This has been wallowing in development hell for longer than any other fangame around; empty promises and a couple of screenshots every four months aren't any reason to keep up hope that the game will be released. It won't. These guys are more invested in making sugimori art and eyecandy than actually making a playable, enjoyable game.

...There, I said it. Haters gonna hate.

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 25, 2011
Stop bumping this thread, guys. This has been wallowing in development hell for longer than any other fangame around; empty promises and a couple of screenshots every four months aren't any reason to keep up hope that the game will be released. It won't. These guys are more invested in making sugimori art and eyecandy than actually making a playable, enjoyable game.

...There, I said it. Haters gonna hate.

Don't worry, it was going to be said eventually. I too have been following this game FOREVER. Loved the fakemon, storyline, characters, everything (except new types, nothing personal). But the development dragged on.... and on..... and on..... until I gave up on waiting for a release and said "Oh well, the fakemon are cool". Which it would be finished, but it's not seeming to happen.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I'm sending a PM to Fanking Omega...

That strikes me as very rude given the last update was half a year ago. I'm pretty sure its not actively being made if at all, especially in a way that will have the updates you want.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
This thread is getting spammed a lot. Stay on topic, and knock it off with the pointless posts or this is going to be locked.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
At this point, the site is down until further notice (ie. when the hosts respond to my email...). Also, the game is to be cancelled owing to insufficient support, time and remaining enthusiasm on my part, and a general recognition that the game's presentation is unsatisfactory relative to my vision and I would rather not continue when it's just not going to be quite what I want to be. Sadly, the limits of developing as a hobby mean I can't push the game far enough.

It's been great fun though, and I plan to do something with the Acanthite project in another form at some stage.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
That's a shame. You all create the best fakemons i have ever seen, you had nice mapping and good story, if your team just disintegrated i think you should keep trying to find someone on their place. We had great expectations and like most of games from this forum just didn't make anythink

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Hello all! It's been rather a long time since I've posted at Pokécommunity, but I'm going to reopen this thread because Fang has left the project to me. Over the past months, he's realised that his increasing work commitments mean that he no longer has time to develop the game, and as such has left it to somebody with far too much time on his hands.

As such, the first point of order is to get new staff! I am in desperate need of anybody who can sprite interfaces (like menus), trainers (both overworld and battle trainer sprites) and later on Pokémon. If you are interested, please PM me with an example of your work. Thank you :)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
That's great! It'd have been a terrible shame if all of these years of work had just been left, so good luck and hopefully you'll finish it soon.

Years
I'm also glad to see this being passed on instead of abandoned. I wish I could sprite, but I do wish you luck in finding someone!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
That's sad to hear, Fang King, but I'm glad this project isn't entirely abandoned. This was such a promising game. All the best for it's further devellopment, Lorem Ipsum. :3

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
hey where the download im new :S

Well, normally when someone looks at the first post they can answer it them selves. There is no download link cause there is no demo. There wont be one for quite a while as the game was passed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back