• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zelda: Oracles Engine; for Game Maker

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Chances of solution slim? Huh? I have tons of ideas of how to make something like this work.

Easiest solution: Why don't you just make another view?

I said ''Not matter how he or me thinks of it, chances of solution are slim.''
Never said anything about you.

If I do that, when link goes what would be to the next panel of the map, he'll walk, and the camera will not follow.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
I said ''Not matter how he or me thinks of it, chances of solution are slim.''
Never said anything about you.

If I do that, when link goes what would be to the next panel of the map, he'll walk, and the camera will not follow.
I was wondering why you thought the chances of solution were slim in the first place.

And by adding another view on top of the current one, the camera would still follow Link because the camera is part of the other view.

Or you can make the camera code in the end step event rather than having GameMaker do it for you automatically.

Regardless, it shouldn't matter too much, but I like to see the area fully! >.<

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I use C++ and Direct X to develop games. Also your assumption of my skills is wrong and insulting...

I use GameMaker and GML to develop games. Also your assumption of my skills is wrong and insulting...

@OP - Great job on the engine man, can't wait to see a finished product (Might even end up using it myself).

Back