• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Uh yea you can buy it in the old G/S/C in the kanto region i remember quite well doing it.

You could not buy the stones in G/S/C.

In G&S, you could get 1 of every elemental stone by showing a certain pokemon to Bill's grandpa.
In C, you also had a few "re-battle" trainers, who will phone you if they found an item (a few with evo stones).

You could only buy stones in Kanto with R/B/Y in Celedon.

Nisangorou

is on a mudkip mission
Years
Looks awesome. But I have a slight...question? Or problem. Not much, but when you start the game it says "The various buttons will be explained in the order of their importance." There's a little red arrow in the corner of the screen. When I press A it takes me to another screen..."Greetings! This is the help system!..." but I'm not sure what to press. x3

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Hey, new to the forum, but I've been playing the hack for a while now, and it's a lot of fun. Just wondering if anyone knows an early place to find a Moon Stone so I'm not stuck with a Scyther until the waterfall. Thanks.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Looks awesome. But I have a slight...question? Or problem. Not much, but when you start the game it says "The various buttons will be explained in the order of their importance." There's a little red arrow in the corner of the screen. When I press A it takes me to another screen..."Greetings! This is the help system!..." but I'm not sure what to press. x3

This should just be part of the opening so just keep pushing A until Oak pops up.

GoAway0000

Good D/P Battler:7th Grader:Me
Years
What I mean is, nothing happens. Ahaha. I'll just keep trying.

All you have to do is go to your VBA and go to OPtions -> Joypad -> Configure -> 1

then set your buttons to button A as letter A on your keyboard and etcetera. so if you want the buttons to be the letters just change the letter.

(For start i use letter X and for Select letter Z. either that or its flipped) after you fix the joypad dont forget to set it to 128k so you can save.

Happy PLaying!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Just one question: i havent still understood how the *yamn*slows work
Slowking evolves into slowbro through water stone? at least thats what i get, and its WEIRD, as some might consider slowking better...
And about evo stones, will they also be available through digging?
They're stones afterall...

And SG is coming to japan? BRACE YOURSELF ZEL-SAN NINTENDO WILL SEND A 9-YEAR OLD NINJA INSIDE A FORTNE COOKIE AFTER YOU!!!

Nisangorou

is on a mudkip mission
Years
@GoAway: Thanks :9

@Anyone: Hey, are the running shoes every going to be incorperated into the game? I haven't been far and I don't know if they're in or not. If not, it might mean some hard work but it would be a nice feature for future versions. :3

GoAway0000

Good D/P Battler:7th Grader:Me
Years

@Anyone: Hey, are the running shoes every going to be incorperated into the game? I haven't been far and I don't know if they're in or not. If not, it might mean some hard work but it would be a nice feature for future versions. :3

Running shoes are in Shiny Gold but you have to play through enough to get thenm like in FireRed

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years

I think you get them from your mom after giving the Mystery Egg to Elm. Not sure though. But they are in the game.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for the info on the framerates, necro, you really know your stuff. I circumvented the issue of the Leaf Stone by using a FireRed gameshark code, have half a dozen of them in my PC now. :)

Also, just thought I'd say I love the Johto music remixes on Beta5. Great job on them.

Another edit: In Beta5, whenever I go into the Pokemon Center in Violet City, the tiles become randomly rearranged and surround me and I can't move. Not that I want the Togepi egg from Elm's aide, but I've been tricked by him twice. "ZOMG meet my aide at the pokecenter i haev big news!11!" *goes into pokemon center* *game locks up*.

Last edited:

Nisangorou

is on a mudkip mission
Years
Oh yes! The Jhoto, ahem, remixes are awesome. I can hear a scratchy noise behind them though. Is that supposed to happen?

@Archeopterix: Ah...I've never heard of that. I'll look through some faqs and see if there's a solution. C:

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Hey, new to the forum, but I've been playing the hack for a while now, and it's a lot of fun. Just wondering if anyone knows an early place to find a Moon Stone so I'm not stuck with a Scyther until the waterfall. Thanks.

The moonstone isn't behind the waterfall so I guess you can get it as early as surf.

Spoiler:

Back