• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Chain

how was gender determined in gen 1 and gen 2 games? i read that in gen 3 it's derived from the personality value, but what was it based on before that was introduced?

It was determined by Individual Values, aka IVs. :3

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Hello, I just joined this community and I have a Pokemon Crystal question. I am so sorry I feel like such a buffoon, I have posted this question three times so far but I am stumbling around lost and like an idiot, first I made a thread and it was preferred I use the question thread, then I stumbled into the wrong question thread. I have never been such a clumsy newbie before. I am quite a bit embarrassed. ><

Anyway...
I was just checking up on my Crystal today for the first time in a long time. And I really like my game but I no longer like my character name. Is there any way, a gameshark code or cheat of some kind I can use to change my character name?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I was just checking up on my Crystal today for the first time in a long time. And I really like my game but I no longer like my character name. Is there any way, a gameshark code or cheat of some kind I can use to change my character name?

I found this, tested it, and it works:

Player's Name Mod
01??7DD4
01??7ED4
01??7FD4
01??80D4
01??81D4
01??82D4
01??83D4

End Code 01??84D4

Replace The ?? With The Letter You Want:

50 - NULL (End of Name REQUIRED Where It Is Used!)
60 - BOLD A (Not Available On Name Screen)
61 - BOLD B ( " )
72 - BOLD P ( " )
80 - A
81 - B
82 - C
83 - D
84 - E
85 - F
86 - G
87 - H
88 - I
89 - J
8A - K
8B - L
8C - M
8D - N
8E - O
8F - P
90 - Q
91 - R
92 - S
93 - T
94 - U
95 - V
96 - W
97 - X
98 - Y
99 - Z
9A - (
9B - )
9C - :
9D - ;
9E - [
9F - ]
A0 - a
A1 - b
A2 - c
A3 - d
A4 - e
A5 - f
A6 - g
A7 - h
A8 - i
A9 - j
AA - k
AB - l
AC - m
AD - n
AE - o
AF - p
B0 - q
B1 - r
B2 - s
B3 - t
B4 - u
B5 - v
B6 - w
B7 - x
B8 - y
B9 - z
BA - é
BB - 'd
BC - 'l
BD - 's
BE - 't
BF - 'v
E1 - PK
E2 - MN
E4 - 'r
E5 - 'm
E6 - ?
E7 - !
EF - Male Symbol
F0 - Currency Symbol (P with Horizontal Slashses)
F1 - x (Multiply)
F2 -. (Period)
F3 - / (Division)
F4 - ,(Comma)
F5 - Female Symbol
F6 - 0
F7 - 1
F8 - 2
F9 - 3
FA - 4
FB - 5
FC - 6
FD - 7
FE - 8
FF - 9

So if you wanted to change your name to CRYSTAL, you would use this code:

01827DD4
01917ED4
01987FD4
019280D4
019381D4
018082D4
018B83D4
015084D4

I hope it helps!

Last edited:

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 22, 2015
In Pokemon Crystal how do I get to the Lake of Rage? I beat Jasmine, but the guy who sells Ragecandybars won't let me pass.

The Red Chain

You have to go up through the building to the left of the RageCandyBar house.
Just keep going up on Route 43 and you'll reach the Lake of Rage.

Tears In The Rain

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Hello, another Crystal question, a concern this time.
I was playing some this morning on the bus to Astronomy and the name rater is not allowing me to change my pokemons' names. I tried four of them and he says everytime "_____, what a wonderful name, it's perfect. Treat ____ with love and kindness" or close enough. None of my pokemon in this game are traded, I may not have played the jhoto games in years but that is common knowledge that I remember clearly; some are gamesharked but not traded. I don't even have that ability anymore I gave my Gameboy Advanced to Goodwill some time ago.

So why is this happening? Is it perhaps because I haven't beaten Whitney yet? No, that can't be because this problem has never existed before.
Is there any other reason this could be happening?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Hello, another Crystal question, a concern this time.
I was playing some this morning on the bus to Astronomy and the name rater is not allowing me to change my pokemons' names. I tried four of them and he says everytime "_____, what a wonderful name, it's perfect. Treat ____ with love and kindness" or close enough. None of my pokemon in this game are traded, I may not have played the jhoto games in years but that is common knowledge that I remember clearly; some are gamesharked but not traded. I don't even have that ability anymore I gave my Gameboy Advanced to Goodwill some time ago.

So why is this happening? Is it perhaps because I haven't beaten Whitney yet? No, that can't be because this problem has never existed before.
Is there any other reason this could be happening?

Have you already changed your name? If so, this is why. The Name Rater will only let you change names of Pokemon that have your name and ID as the OT. If you use the code again to change your name to the previous, you should be able to rename them (it works in the newer games, anyway).

Tears In The Rain

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Yeah I am just going to start over because that sucks and I don't feel like changing he code back and then restoring it. :P

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Pokemon Crystal: How many times do I have to reset the game before it will give me a female Chikorita starter?

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 22, 2015
On Pokemon Crystal, how can I get the Gym Leader's phone numbers?

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
On Pokemon Crystal, how can I get the Gym Leader's phone numbers?

I think I can remember that being in one of the games

Maybe it was Emerald? If it is in the game then it's just as easy as talking to the gym leaders, that's how I remember it from what I played that had it.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I got a sex change! I was playing my Crystal in my messed up SP (bad idea). It froze when I pressed continue. (freezing is common) I reset and continued and I turned into a girl! PERMINATLY! I tried different systems but nothing is working! I never used a cheating device or glitches so I have NO idea how something like this happened! What do I do before anything else happens?

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
sorry, not an answer to your question rather, another question...
Does anyone have a completed or near completed gold/silver/crystal .sav file?
Please post a link
please i really need it for Poke Stadium 2 n64 (im getting bored of using blue/red/yellow pokemon).
Alternatively does anyone have a link for a g/s/c sav editor (please make sure its .SAV anything else or it wont work with my files)
Thank you

Bex

She said pud then ding!!
Years
I want to know if I can breed a pokemon from my Gen1 game (Red) to a pokemon (Ditto/same) on Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back