• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Zapdos, Moltres or Articuno

Your favorite

• Total voters

Mackenzie

Say Somethin'!
Years
My favorite is zapdos because of it's appearance (a thunderbird) unique typing, well rounded stats, great movepool, and its viability in the competitive side of pokemon battles. =)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Zapdos is the better of the three. It looks cooler, it's faster and it has a really useful Electric/Flying typing which allows it to run powerful moves like Thunder and Fly.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
I always loved Zapdos the most, but I used Articuno most in the elite four because he could help me with Lance, and I already had Riachu so I didn't need another electric type. and Moltres is good, but he always sits in my box.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
My favorite was always Moltres because I love Fire Types and their designs. But I don't like that it losses half of its hp from Stealth Rock. :[

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I really loved fire types when I was a kid so Moltres used to be my favorite, no question.

As I've grown up though, I've really started to appreciate Articuno's elegance and it was always the main Pokemon I liked to use in Pokemon Stadium when fighting the elite four, so I have to go with Articuno as being my favorite.

I always catch all three whenever I do a standard run through of the Kanto games.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Definitely Zapdos
First of all I like the name Zapdos
Secondly In My opinion Zapdos looks way More better and Badass than The other 2 I mean like Come on
145.gif
[Zapdos Looks badass]
146.gif
[[Moltress Looks weird]]
144.gif
[[Articuno Looks girly and Looks like it has a beard]]

Last but Not least Since Moltres beats articuno [Flamethrowered] and Articuno dosent beat anyone and No one can beat zapdos Whereas Zapdos Can just Thunder these 2 mother******* [Flying Types] And 1HKO

neodracn

Dracinth
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
I'm going to say Articuno, because he looks the best, and I love Ice-types.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
It's a toss-up for me. Zapdos has the best stat spread of the three, Articuno has the best natural move set, and Moltres can make the best use of both physical and special attacks as well as the fact that it learns Sky Attack.

As far as the triangle goes, Moltres has an advantage to Articuno (Fire > Ice), Articuno has an advantage against Zapdos (Ice > Flying), and Zapdos has an advantage to both (Electric > Flying).

Overall it looks like Zapdos, but each has merit. I like Articuno the most, so it got my vote.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I caught all 3 of them and left them in the PC cos its not me to train legendaries. I like Moltres the best, though, when I was young, Moltres was so difficult to draw, I drew a Zaptos instead.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
My fav is Zapdos, it was the first of the 3 birds I figured out how to pronounce, Articuno was a big word for me as a kid and moltres was like "moll-tree-z" pluz I liked the look of zapdoz

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Just like 70% of everyone here, Zapdos is my favourite out of the three birds. Competitive-wise it's the best choice out of the 3 since Moltres and Articuno have a x4 weakness to rock and they have other weaknesses too. Zapdos' only weaknesses are ice- and rock-type moves but the damage is x2. Personally, I like Zapdos' looks and the fact that he's an Electric-type which happens to be my favourite type. Moltres looks like a naked Phoenix, but Articuno is the most beautiful out of the three. Anyway, Zapdos is what my vote goes for.

Skyzor91

Skyzor the Scizor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
For me it's between Zapdos and Articuno... Tough call for me but I'll have to say Zapdos.
It's not that I dislike Moltres, I just like Charizard over Moltres. Moltres and Articuno are both good but for me, it's always been Zapdos.

Years
Easily has to be Zapdos. Its type combination just makes it far superior to the other two. I am a fan of Articuno however. I have a bit of a nostalgic connection to it since it was my first legendary.

Back