• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Welcome Back Klippy!" Mario Kart 8 Gaming Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Regarding the newly announced DLC, if you thought Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach were unnecessary addition, they decided to give Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach their own slots rather than Zelda and Birdo or King Boo. Doesn't Nintendo care about continuity and time paradoxes in their Mario titles, especially the spin-offs?

The event will be available from midnight Saturday to the stroke of midnight Monday. So you can jump in at any point during the event, but people can use this thread to specifically hop on at times. :D

Also! If anyone is interested, there will be a Skype chat to chat with your fellow Karters throughout the three days, so if you're interested in that, just add me on Skype and also let me know you want to be in the chat.

I'll try to add you on Skype this Friday, because my last class ends at a whopping 10:05 PM.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
10991121-3.jpg

Dayum man, on Nov!

GUYS

GUYYYSSS

We're going to throw a big event in November. Right? Riiigght?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Regarding the newly announced DLC, if you thought Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach were unnecessary addition, they decided to give Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach their own slots rather than Zelda and Birdo or King Boo. Doesn't Nintendo care about continuity and time paradoxes in their Mario titles, especially the spin-offs?

From the start Bowser and Mario, basically mortal enemies, have had friendly races against each other. So no, I don't think they care about continuity in Mario Kart.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years

There is no continuity. I'm awfully sure I've read Miyamoto once say that these characters are like Mickey and Minnie with Disney. Or the Muppets. They're "actors" playing a role.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There is no continuity. I'm awfully sure I've read Miyamoto once say that these characters are like Mickey and Minnie with Disney. Or the Muppets. They're "actors" playing a role.

Yet they added Link, who is from a series that takes its continuity more seriously than Mario, unless this is Link's incarnation for modern times.

Years
I'll be happy to join the event! I'd probably get stomped... but it would be fun to join. I go by Gate.

Just so everyone knows, I've now extended the racing from a single day to the entire Labor Day weekend! This will give as many people as possible a chance to play and ensure we all have an awesome time!

You are awesome! Thank you, I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I'll be happy to join the event! I'd probably get stomped... but it would be fun to join. I go by Gate.

You are awesome! Thank you, I'm looking forward to it!

Hey! I know you're new here, so just a warning: Try to avoid double-posting. If you're the last poster, just edit your post and add to it, rather than creating a new one. :)

Definitely interested in joining in. My Mii name is the same as my PC username.

Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So are we waiting 1:45 for Eastern Time midnight or 4:45 for Pacific Time midnight?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
So are we waiting 1:45 for Eastern Time midnight or 4:45 for Pacific Time midnight?

There is no time-zone option on the tournament settings, but I would hazard a guess that it begins at YOUR midnight? I'm really not sure, to be honest. D: It's set to begin August 30 at 00:00, which is exactly midnight. I suppose give it a shot if you're up at midnight, cause it's only 9:40PM here. I'll check it at midnight my time to be sure.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There is no time-zone option on the tournament settings, but I would hazard a guess that it begins at YOUR midnight? I'm really not sure, to be honest. D: It's set to begin August 30 at 00:00, which is exactly midnight. I suppose give it a shot if you're up at midnight, cause it's only 9:40PM here. I'll check it at midnight my time to be sure.

I actually just checked a few min ago and it said 2AM my time and-- I just realized! It seemed weird cause I'm in Eastern right now but really my Wii U is still in Central time so it was midnight Pacific. I get it! :3 I'm sleeping soon so I won't get to it tonight but I'll play either Saturday night or Sunday/Monday for sure!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's open to me, I just got in. Nobody else is there though. :< Join in!

(I am bobandbill, the Mii with a moustache :V)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
The event is live!

Alright folks! Things are underway and it's been a blast since the start! A few people on the leaderboard, so get to racing if you wanna win some fun prizes!

Best moment of the event so far: I had a red shell in first; bobandbill was in second. I slammed on my brakes to let him pass so I could red shell him (a little unsportsmanlike behavior never hurt anyone), but he hit his brakes as he saw me hitting mine. We were parked next to each other and I threw the shell, missing him. It was hilarious if you saw it because he knew exactly what I was doing.

Post in this thread to let us know you're joining or in the lobby so everyone else can hop on too!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That was pretty funny. I am clearly rusty though because I keep throwing races, haha.

Taking a break, may be back on in a few hours or so though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back