• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
No, it doesn't work exactly like that.
The standard warp command has 5 parameters. The first two are always the same, bank and map. Then we have the exit #, which is the number of the warp you want to use, unless it's 0xFF. The 4th and 5th parameters are the x/y coordinates. They're used only when the exit is 0xFF, and in any other cases they won't work and they should be set both to 0x0.
Ah ok. SO the way I wrote that warp line is correct it's just that its a little different then I thought then. But still it works. Thanks for clearing that up.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
You need to have the waitmovement 0x0 before you have the the @talk. It tells the game to wait untill the movement is complete to continue with the script.

@HM - Well, it might be a good idea to learn how to change button presses... But yeah, let's get back on topic XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
simple question, also I would like to thank everyone that helped me with my last script, its working now.

but I have made a give pokemon script, and it works but it doesnt work with the pokemon I want it to. I have it to give a Dunsparce, only its actually a Riulo, just useing the Dunsparce as a base, picture edited and all, but it just gives you a Misingno, the circle question mark one, it worked when I changed the pokemon.

so my question is am I going to have to wait to use that script until after the national dex is recieved or is it because I edited the pokemon, also is their anyway to make it so the national dex is recieved in the begining of the game without screwing up the whole game?

Years
Unknown keyword "#raw"

What wrong with a script when it says this:

Unknown keyword"
#raw" at line 100

When i delete that raw it still says the same thing? Can someone tell me what might be the problem?
I had tons of raw commands just like that one. Why is that one different?
Every time i move that part of the script the unknown keyword follows that part.
This is the part of the script it continues to say unknown keyword #raw:

org @move6
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x06
#raw 0xFE

#org @1

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Hack Rom: Pokemon emerald
Script: Pokescript

Well I made this set tile script but everytime I step on the tile the game freezes. can you tell me what is wrong?

#org $start
setmaptile 0xf 0x7 0x1 0x0
special 0x8E
applymovement 0x04 $move
trainerbattle 1 0x09 $before $after $later
end

#org $move
#raw 0x09 0x09 0x09 0x09 0xfe

#org $before
$before 1=Why are you here?\p\c\h01\h03Your father told me I needed to\n battle you to prove myself.\p\c\h01\h02 Alright then,\n you need to prove yourself,\p get ready for a battle you won't\n forget my wimpy little friend.

#org $after
$after 1=That is...that is...unnatural.

#org $later
message $5
boxset 6
#raw 0x53 0x08 0x02
setflag 0x208
release
end

#org $5
$5 1 =That power.\n How did you get that power?\pMew does not belong to a fool like you.\nHow would Mew like to train with me?\p\c\h01\h03 Mew chose me as it's trainer.\nWith me Mew will stay.\p\c\h01\02Fine then...hope Mew likes being weak.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
What wrong with a script when it says this:

Unknown keyword"
#raw" at line 100

When i delete that raw it still says the same thing? Can someone tell me what might be the problem?
I had tons of raw commands just like that one. Why is that one different?
Every time i move that part of the script the unknown keyword follows that part.
This is the part of the script it continues to say unknown keyword #raw:

org @move6
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @move4
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x06
#raw 0x05
#raw 0x06
#raw 0xFE

#org @1

Ok, please post the whole script so I can help you.
(Also, in XSE, you dont have to make all of the raws have there own line... they can be a one line thing...)
[assistance=Movement Scripts]
Spoiler:
[/assistance]
But yeah, post your script here please.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
Years
I need to figure out how to make a script where Rocket Grunts block the entrance to a town until you get your pokemon from Prof.Oak

Years
Thanks for the help but for some reason i tried a different offset and it didn't have any problems. Thanks and ill take your tip on keeping all the raws on one line.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Game: FireRed
Type: a "Script" script? It's the little green S tile in AdvanceMap. It just says "Script" in the editor...
Editor: AdvanceMap

I'm making a script to keep someone from leaving a room until they get their first Pokémon. (The 0x828 flag is set in the get-Pokémon script, and I know that flag is set properly because I have some sprites whose dialogue changes based on whether the flag is set, and they change as normal.) I'm putting a script on the tile in front of the door, to force them to step down if they step on it. However, when the player steps on it, the game just freezes. This happens regardless of whether or not the 0x828 flag has been set yet. Here's the script:

Script:
Spoiler:

Not even the message box pops up. Since the message box doesn't pop up, I figure I must have messed something up even before that, but I can't imagine what. Do you have to treat flags in "Script" scripts differently than "Person Event" scripts?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well hon', the problem IS that you might not be setting the event up correctly in A-Map...

Besure the first unknown setting reads 0030, and the Var Number is 4050, then test it out.

ckret2

Years
Well hon', the problem IS that you might not be setting the event up correctly in A-Map...

Besure the first unknown setting reads 0030, and the Var Number is 4050, then test it out.

Thanks for the help. I tried that, it didn't work, I looked at similar scripts in Viridian and Pallet, and discovered that the unknown setting needs to be 0003, not 0030. I tried that out and now it works perfectly.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Hack of: Pokemon Emerald
Scripter: Pokescript

Once I talk to the npc he should disappear after the fade screen. Problem is...it stays black instead of returning to the game.

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 0x01 $move
message $Who
boxset 6
fadescreen 0x1
#raw 0x56 0x0f 0x80
setflag 0x211
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

#org $who
$who 1 =Who are you?\p\c\h01\h05I'm...\p\c\h01\h02No I don't care\n so long as you get out of here.

#org $move
#raw 0x56 0xfe

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
Years
The script works but whenever I step on it a 2nd time the script plays again
so how do I make it to where the script can only be activated once

Game:
Firered
Type: script
Editor: XSE
Script: Applymovement
Spoiler:

ckret2

Years
The script works but whenever I step on it a 2nd time the script plays again
so how do I make it to where the script can only be activated once

Game:
Firered
Type: script
Editor: XSE
Script: Applymovement
Spoiler:

You have checkflag 0x828, but you don't have setflag 0x828. Unless you put a setflag in the script (perhaps after clearflag 0x500), then whenever it checks for flag 0x828, it will come up 0x0, unset, and do the script over again.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Thanks for the help. I tried that, it didn't work, I looked at similar scripts in Viridian and Pallet, and discovered that the unknown setting needs to be 0003, not 0030. I tried that out and now it works perfectly.

[font="Trebuchet MS]Oh yeah! HAHA! I was trying to remember it off the top of my head, bad idea, but yeah, you are right, I meant to say 0003, sorry!
At least I got the 4050 right, right?[/font]

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
I'm new at this...I need help to compile in XSE, i choosed the rom and the script and pressed the compile button and then the little square showed up. Now, where's the script offset?

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
i really really need help with XSE. I haven't learned a thing. I really want to script but I dont understand any of the compiling and format and stuff. Can anyone help me with that? I 2would really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back