• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Series (GBA toolbox)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Are you adding an export button for the sprite editor soon??
Yeah, I just added it telepathically. Check the File menu.
Hint: it was there all along
[convenience request alert xD]
Think you could implement pokemon name writing in Your apps?
Since you already can read them, surely you could write them.
None of the other pokemon editors have pictures of the pokemon (atleast none of them that support name changing...)
so i thought it would be nice if you could, just so were not switching between YAPE/PEP and one of your apps when we rename pokemon.
As i said, it should be fairly simple for you...seeing as you've been able to do all that work using pallettes... O_O
Is it really that hard to guess the Pokémon's name by its stats/moves?
I guess I could make a table showing which species number is which Pokémon. It's pointless to make a tool for that kind of problem (that is, unless anyone else is interested).

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
...no that's not what i meant
Your program doesn't automatically change the stats unless i'm some sort of cuckoo...
If i'm changing the names, obviously thats because it's a different pokemon, if it's a different pokemon then odds are the stats will be different,so going by the stats to base your pokemons new name doesn't make much sense. UNLESS you work the other way around, and do your stats first, in which case i would go ahead and just edit the name with whatever tool i was using to edit the stats....

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
Gotta say I really do love this tool, very nice and simple to use. There seems to be only 1 problem so far, when ever I import a sprite it doesnt take the Pallet with it. So basically if say I import a Gundam sprite it gains the color of what ever Pokemon I replaced. This is quite the problem for the more complex sprites that I want to use.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
...no that's not what i meant
Your program doesn't automatically change the stats unless i'm some sort of cuckoo...
If i'm changing the names, obviously thats because it's a different pokemon, if it's a different pokemon then odds are the stats will be different,so going by the stats to base your pokemons new name doesn't make much sense. UNLESS you work the other way around, and do your stats first, in which case i would go ahead and just edit the name with whatever tool i was using to edit the stats....
That's not what I meant either :P

Surely you should be changing the stats first, before changing the sprite? Why do you need a Pokémon name editor to show the Pokémon's sprite?

Gotta say I really do love this tool, very nice and simple to use. There seems to be only 1 problem so far, when ever I import a sprite it doesnt take the Pallet with it. So basically if say I import a Gundam sprite it gains the color of what ever Pokemon I replaced. This is quite the problem for the more complex sprites that I want to use.

In the sprite editor, you have to click the 'Synchronise Palettes' button to get the palette from the imported sprite.

Thanks for these,Wichu!It'll help many hackers out there!
Will the Sprite Editor let bigger than usual sprites in?

No, it trims them down to 64x64. As far as I know, it's impossible to use bigger sprites without serious ASM hacking, which I doubt anyone here can do.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
as i said, it would just be a convenience.
Either way, i found a bug last night with the sprite editor.
If you try to replace the sprite of a corrupted sprite, the program will not replace the backsprite, but it will occasionally do the frontsprite.
It tells me the data is uncompressed like it should, but if you try to insert and repoint, the sprite editor does not take that kindly. Just so you know. Obviously anyone else who has this problem should just insert with unlz and repoint using pep for the time being

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I seem to be having promblems... when i open it up, this somes up:
ljgkj.png

And whn i click continiue and import my rom this comes up:

99189904.png

And wont let me edit anything

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
New version: it should now let you edit corrupted sprites. Also, I fixed a bug which caused it to occasionally refuse to give your sprite the correct palette, and added a batch import function to the sprite editor.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Hey Wichu, i ran into a program that suposedly edits the pokemon cry sounds, but its quite messy. For some of my friends it worked, others didnt and doing the same, but i dont know if it might be useful for your research in case youre doing a cry editor... well ill upload it when i get home, the ports to megaupload and such are blocked at my uni -_-

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
woah...ur workin on a cry editor?!
if you find a way to figure out how much space is needed plz tell me
and if u need help using it ask me ^_^

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Wichu, I encountered a bug with the latest version of Sprite Editor.

When I used them, it repointed my sprites into some slots that were used and ended messing up many of my sprites. I couldnt insert anything at all with unlz and such.

On the other hand, I was thinking on a possibility of a trainer sprite editor as well.
Would be usefull if we could edit trainers that way, well more like easier, doesnt matter anyway.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
the pokemon sprite editor still doesn't work,can you please record the actions that you do in order to switch the pokemon sprite in this tool and upload it on youtube?maybe like that it will be more easier to use(only if you have time of curse)
also will there be a trainer sprite editor?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The sprite editor works fine for me, even at a low offset... What game are you trying to hack? Could you give some screenshots of the editor and the glitches?
Try searching at a higher offset; I successfully inserted sprites at 0xF00000 and above.

Back