• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
I want to use all 25 empty Pokemon slots to add in new Pokemon in my hack, but I won't settle for anything less than the whole level of polish, meaning I want them all to have their proper cries. What I've found is that all 25 are linked to the same pointer, so if I change the cry of one of them, all 25 use it. How can I change this so they each have their own cry pointer?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Hey guys, I have a question about map warp problems.

I have a command in my script that send the player to Oak's lab. It worked perfectly, and everything was fine, till I saved it and closed Advance Map. I opened it back up, and Oak's lab was glitched. It had the error message that the bytes are unreadable. Some of the events are off the map. After I delete each event, the error no longer occurs, but of course, I want events in his lab. I edited the lab to change a few tiles, I didn't resize. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm using Advance Map 1.91 if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hey guys, I have a question about map warp problems.

I have a command in my script that send the player to Oak's lab. It worked perfectly, and everything was fine, till I saved it and closed Advance Map. I opened it back up, and Oak's lab was glitched. It had the error message that the bytes are unreadable. Some of the events are off the map. After I delete each event, the error no longer occurs, but of course, I want events in his lab. I edited the lab to change a few tiles, I didn't resize. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm using Advance Map 1.91 if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Try putting all the events back in and see if the problem persists.

lbirrueta

HAXXING'
Years
I have 2 questions: How can i make it so that place Mt. Ember is on the Kanto mainland instead of having to go to One Island??? How do i fiddle around with the AM_world-map-editor because i tried to put it on Route 1 but it still goes to kindle road(in-game world map)??? please help, ASAP :[

Eatmoretoast47

Person hacking 2 games at once
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
I'm trying to rename Pallet Town in FireRed, to "Thunder Town" but when I tried it Advance Map gave me a blank error message. What do I do?

EDIT: I named it "q" just to see if renaming it worked at all, it did, but now I can't rename it to anything longer than one letter.

EDIT:Nevermind. I figured it out. It was just some glitch thing that happened in Advance Map. Resetting it fixed the problem.

Last edited:

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Is there any way to reverse the effects of running a deep scan in unlz?

Also, what are the offsets for the backsprites of the heroes, steven, and Wally in emerald? Knowing their pallete offsets would help too, along with Prof. Birch's palette offset at the beginning of the game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010
I was trying to insert some water tiles in pokemon firered.

Every time I tried to insert them, it would come out almost completely monotone.
I triple check the pallete to make sure it was right, and it was.

I included a picture so you get the just of what I'm saying. Please help me out.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
since my question got buried and cant find the answer, i will have to ask again

i need help with pokemon platinum

-when i use PDEDS to make wild pokemon hold items on encounter, it never has them when i fill both slots. does it matter if both slots are full, or does RNG come into play?

-how can i change the main player sprite into someone else?

-how do i change trainer pokemon?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016

Every time I tried to insert them, it would come out almost completely monotone.

I included a picture so you get the just of what I'm saying. Please help me out.

You probably aren't using the correct pallet. When the pallet colors of the tiles you insert don't match the pallet colors of any of the pallet sets for that tileset in the game, it looks like what you posted. So try changing the colors of the tiles you're inserting to exactly match the colors in the pallet you're using in the game, or change the colors of the game's pallet to match the tiles you're inserting ...

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010
Like I said, I triple checked to make sure the pallete matched.

I changed Pallete 6, the one used for most of the water tiles in the game. When it didn't
work, I tried using the otherwise unused pallete 7 which still didn't work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2011
I'm a new hacker trying to edit Emerald, and I've got a few questions:

1. What is the easiest way to edit IN-BATTLE trainer sprites?
2. When adding a trainer with AdvanceMap, what do you put to tell it what trainer data to use? (I added trainers with A-Trainer, if it matters)?
3. How do you add trainer dialogue with AdvanceText?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Hi, I want to learn ASM for gameboy (should be similar to z80). Which way should I start? Can you suggest any guide or manual or tutorial for beginners? And do you think i should start from language C#/C++?

EDIT:
I also have another question:
do you know the way to turn an image (.gif or .jpg or .png) like this
View attachment 54206
into hexcode like this
(hexcode of compressed image of "bulbasaur")
Spoiler:

I found a program written in C that decompress front&back pics from pokemon red
Spoiler:
but i need to know the reverse process (i.e. compressing).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010

I'm just reposting it for the new page.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Hey, a quick question. Is it possible to get the Pokemon from Pokemon Pearl, Diamond and Platinum onto a Fire Red ROM hack? Is it also possible to expand the national Pokedex to include them?

If so, help would be great.

Thanks

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Hey, a quick question. Is it possible to get the Pokemon from Pokemon Pearl, Diamond and Platinum onto a Fire Red ROM hack? Is it also possible to expand the national Pokedex to include them?

If so, help would be great.

Thanks

You can import information, sprites, and icons into the 25 empty slots (it's really easy with a combination of YAPE and Wichu's advanced series), and you could give one of them its proper cry with the wav file and a repoint. (I'm hoping to figure out how to modify the pointers so I can give all 25 extra Pokemon their own cries) As for the second question, there's no way to put those Pokemon in the Pokedex. If you're extremely worried about polish, you could always have unobtainable extra Pokemon, that you can only see but never obtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back