• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
So I've looked through this thread and a few LPs, and I can't figure out how to fix this:
In that room in the Ruins of Alph where the voice talked to me (that worked), when I step on the grey tile, nothing happens. Is there something I was supposed to do beforehand or is there a way to get around this?
(I finished the Rocket Event at Radio Tower and I know I don't have to solve all the puzzles.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2013
Great to see this being continued! Question, though--is the game supposed to be a mix of gibberish, English, and...(Portuguese? Spanish? Just guessing, I'm not sure).

I didn't continue past the Player gender selection because I wasn't sure how much of the game might be screwed up, if it's a patch issue, or if it's just meant to be like that atm--but most of Oak's conversation was in gibberish or not-English, along with the option to pick Male or Female. Is this just bugged atm, or what?

If so, is the rest of the game fine atm?

It's showing the same both on the Android GBA emulator as well as the one linked in the OP.

Edit: So far the PC options and menu are showing up as gibberish as well, so it's pretty unplayable :(a

Last edited:
Years
So I've looked through this thread and a few LPs, and I can't figure out how to fix this:
In that room in the Ruins of Alph where the voice talked to me (that worked), when I step on the grey tile, nothing happens. Is there something I was supposed to do beforehand or is there a way to get around this?
(I finished the Rocket Event at Radio Tower and I know I don't have to solve all the puzzles.)
That must be the problem of your ROM as nothing happened with me when I stepped on it. (Just checked it)

Great to see this being continued! Question, though--is the game supposed to be a mix of gibberish, English, and...(Portuguese? Spanish? Just guessing, I'm not sure).

I didn't continue past the Player gender selection because I wasn't sure how much of the game might be screwed up, if it's a patch issue, or if it's just meant to be like that atm--but most of Oak's conversation was in gibberish or not-English, along with the option to pick Male or Female. Is this just bugged atm, or what?

If so, is the rest of the game fine atm?

It's showing the same both on the Android GBA emulator as well as the one linked in the OP.

Edit: So far the PC options and menu are showing up as gibberish as well, so it's pretty unplayable :(a
How are you getting this weird problem. The game is 100 % English in all features. Your ROM or patching might have done that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
why latios can't learn calm mind? ice beam? using tutors. anyways is soul dew obtainable in-game? was looking forward to change alakazam w/ latios. oh well i guess back to alakazam: thunderbolt, ice beam, calm mind and psychic.

EDIT1: anyways what legendaries are obtainable so far in 3.3? and is there an updated walkthrough?
EDIT2: lastly, can someone tell me where's the granny/granpa (granpa i think) that tells u the IV's of pokemon. not that i care much bout IV's. forgot the location. im just the type of person who wants to recall things once i forgot it. XD
EDIT3: found it. in national park. haha the only location i didnt considered XD

EDIT4: lol even jirachi can't learn calm mind in tutor?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Laz I found a bug
i cant teleport into the new island btw here's the screen in the attachment

that's not a bug. lemme guess u still haven't finished the radio tower invasion in goldenrod? u nid to receive a call from elm abt suicune flooding all johto. anyways u just nid to do that, i also encountered that since i was excited to do the suicune capture while i haven't finished the radio invasion and etc. infact once i got the surf i tried doing the suicune capture.

Years
The reason why I posted this is to ask if you (players & game designers) are ready to put some gen 4 pokémon in the liquid crystal game. I'm not talking about random pokémon, but about the pre and post- evolutions of the pokémon from the 1st, 2nd and third generation.

reason: The game has a kind of "emptyness" without those evolutions... Do you know what I mean with that?

Those are the pokémon I would suggest:

(evolution if pkmn itself is not given)

porygon z
glaceon + leafeon gen I
magmortar
elekable
???

weavile
mammoswine gen II
togekiss
???

probopass
dusknoir gen III
roserade
???

(pre- volution)
Mr. mime gen I
chansey
???

babymanta gen II
???

roserade gen III
???

(other)
regigigas gen IV

And others I didn't notice, marked with ??? (I guess you all got the picture/ know what I mean, now).
Thanks for replying!

Nouchken

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2013
haha jambo, nice password for the new Nexus Lab, I couldn't get it from any trainers so after a couple guesses, I decided I'd try you for a hint

anyway awesome game guys, really brings nostalgia to a new high

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Hey @Linkandzelda i found a script bug in cherrygrove town when you talk to the old man who gives you the map, He starts with Æ.Next maybe you can impliment some HG/SS tilesets into cities (Saffaron city has another ubiding in HG/SS maybe add that and make the rain run ontop of the city? Anyways loving the hack after playing it again since 2008 and best of luck in this hack and all your future endevours.

Years
I am quite surprised to see you guys getting in a hurry and then complaining that there is no tile that teleports you to the secret island. It is simple to follow the story so you can't miss it. Well that Policeman does not lets you go through Ice Cave in Mahagony Town if you know what I mean here.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Hey, uhhh is this the nuzlocke edition or something? I'm playing on a psp with the latest gpSP and when i lose a match instead of going to the poke center my screen goes black and stays that way. Right now i'm caught using a save state in a battle i cannot win.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
So far this game is fun! i was wondering how far can we get in this beta version that's currently out?

Not An Option

Apparently not
Years
How do I obtain the Sea Pass? I've beaten all gym leaders in both regions, beaten the elite four both times, defeated Red, done everything I know to do and I can't seem to find it on Google.

EDIT: After watching a few videos, I realize maybe there's more to be done with Team Rocket. I can't find them anywhere in either region, but I haven't fought Groudon, either of the legendary birds, or any of the three Regi pokemon.

/lost

Last edited:

Not An Option

Apparently not
Years
How do I obtain the Sea Pass? I've beaten all gym leaders in both regions, beaten the elite four both times, defeated Red, done everything I know to do and I can't seem to find it on Google.

EDIT: After watching a few videos, I realize maybe there's more to be done with Team Rocket. I can't find them anywhere in either region, but I haven't fought Groudon, either of the legendary birds, or any of the three Regi pokemon.

/lost

I just beat the Pokemon League once more and when I stepped, I got no call.
I went to talk to Professor Elm and he was asking me about the Egg. I showed him Togepi had hatched, he replied with whatever his reply is and I left and came back and he says, "Hi, Not An Option, how's that egg?"

Also, I can't find Axel anywhere. He's not in the "tall" SS building in Vermilion.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
new patch be able to buy m waterfall? I need to teach it to another pokemon but cant anymore because its a tm and went away after first use. Maybe make it $1500 at blackthron? Please read this @Linkandzaelda and possibly impliment this for all TMs that work outside of battle

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
new patch be able to buy m waterfall? I need to teach it to another pokemon but cant anymore because its a tm and went away after first use. Maybe make it $1500 at blackthron? Please read this @Linkandzaelda and possibly impliment this for all TMs that work outside of battle

waterfall is a hm, you mean whirlpool right?

Back