• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Okay, so after 6 total hours of car trips yesterday, I finally have some progress done!

I am in Cyllage City, and have already beaten the gym there!

Team -

657.png

Reth
Level 28
@No Item
~Round
~Water Pulse
~Lick
~Quick Attack
Reth has always been a great member of my team, ever since he was first selected out of that bag, and has probly been MVP so far, because of the fact that he tears through any and everything so far

400.png

Bill
Level 27
@No Item
~Headbutt
~Water Gun
~Hyper Fang
~Rollout
Yes, I did decide to put a Bibarel on my team, and with the bidoof meme floating around the internet, I have decided that it isn't the strongest pokrmon in any category, but it is fun to use, and it hits hard, which is what you need to succeed in game, and I do not regret picking him for my team!

008.png

Toise
Level 27
@No Item
~Tackle
~Tail Whip
~Bubble
~Bite
Toise isn't the greatest pokemon on my team, he doesn't hit hard, but he has something special to him that I can't describe; but I can only hope that it is strength to come.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Time for the last update on the Hoenn portion of my Steel Ultimate!
I started off with training my team a bit to take on Wallace, who proved to be the hardest battle up to this point. While training, I also spent some time diversifying my team's moves in preparation for the Elite Four. After getting the final gym badge, I surfed over to EverGrande and quickly went through Victory Road. At the end, I ran into and easily defeated Wally. Since I had spent a whole grinding before the battle against Wallace, I didn't really train much before tackling the Elite Four. Sydney and Phoebe were no challenge at all, but Glacia was a little difficult. Walrein's Surf was too strong for Mawile or Aggron to deal with, so Skarmory had to whittle down its HP. Drake was much easier to defeat, except his Salamence whose Flamethrower easily took out my Ice Beam spammer Mawile. After defeating Drake, I moved on to Steven who wasn't much of a challenge. I was afraid of Metagross at first, but when it took damage from Spikes I realized that it didn't have Levitate which was a relief, since it fell easily to Aggron's Earthquake.
Overall, my team was really well rounded and the only reason Mawile ended up one level above the rest is due to the differences in experience growth rate.

Team:
303.png
Mawile / lv55 / Crunch, Ice Beam, Brick Break, Fire Blast
306.png
Aggron / lv54 / Return, Earthquake, Surf, Thunderbolt
227.png
Skarmory / lv54 / Steel Wing, Fly, Aerial Ace, Spikes

Type:
steel.png

Pokemon ?? Version
✔Pokemon Ruby Version
303.png
306.png
227.png

Pokemon ?? Version
✔Pokemon Black 2 Version
448.png
462.png
530.png
476.png
625.png
376.png

Pokemon ?? Version

In my next update, I plan on having made progress on my Flying runs in Sinnoh and Unova, and perhaps even some work on a monotype in Pokemon Y now that Pokemon Bank is out!

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Well, after my normal fell apart (God damnit.....) I've decided to try again, on a different type, of course.

Forum User Name: Lowvyr
Pokémon Type: Water
Challenge Type: Single
Game(s): Leaf Green
Previous Progress: No

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
As for Horsea goes I can only get Seadra as I can't trade evolve since most of the challenges I'm doing is on my phone and I changed my Dragon Mono type to Normal Mono type

Well, you do know that you can hack it in, right? The rules say that you can hack just for the sake of evolution. You can hack on the phone versions, right?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
hey... why is the OP very outdated?
It's only been about a week since the thread was even posted, and I'm sure that Necrum plans on having regular updates starting soon.
Well, you do know that you can hack it in, right? The rules say that you can hack just for the sake of evolution. You can hack on the phone versions, right?
I'm not sure what phone emulator Flame uses, but I do know that the emulator I have on my phone does not yet support hacking.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
As for Horsea goes I can only get Seadra as I can't trade evolve since most of the challenges I'm doing is on my phone and I changed my Dragon Mono type to Normal Mono type
If you still wanted to do Dragon then hacking for the sake of evolution when you are incapable of trading is acceptable for Kingdra. If you're set on Normal then that's fine too.
hey... why is the OP very outdated?
It's not, it's been a week.
It's only been about a week since the thread was even posted, and I'm sure that Necrum plans on having regular updates starting soon.
I plan on updating the thread tomorrow. I would have done it sooner but I've been moving Pokemon to the Bank.

Years
And it's update time again! Finally defeated Watson after few tries, got moon stone for Lilly to evolve and got my next team member - Zara the Zangoose.

Current team:

301.gif

Lilly|Female|Careful Nature|Cute Charm|Lvl 34
Sing
Assist
DoubleSlap
Faint Attack

294.gif

Larry|Male|Impish Nature|Soundproof|Lvl 29
Pound
Uproar
Rock Smash
Howl

264.gif

Lina|Female|Sassy Nature|Pickup|Lvl 28
Tackle
Rock Smash
Tail Whip
Headbutt

277.gif

Tai|Male|Impish Nature|Guts|Lvl 26
Wing Attack
Double Team
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

335.gif

Zara|Female|Careful Nature|Immunity|Lvl 19
Slash
Quick Attack
Swords Dance
Fury Cutter

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
2nd Emerald Update:
-caught Numel, Slugma, and Torkoal in the Fiery Path
-Combusken evolved into Blaziken
-defeated Flannery
-defeated Norman
-defeated May on Route 119
-Numel evolved into Camerupt
-defeated Winona

Team:
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
OP updated through Post #50. Hooray for my first update on the new thread! Thanks for helping us get things rolling, everyone!
my brother was actually doing a grass mono (pearl) and he's almost finished but doesn't have an account so can he sign up?
The thing is, it would be pretty hard for me to place a challenge like that, and it would make it much easier for me if he actually had an account.

Not sure if I'm allowed to hack in Pokemon with Leafgreen, since the only Pokemon I can really catch is Gastly...
You are, but it can only be another Gastly since that's the only Ghost Pokemon in the Kanto Dex, lol. It just means you can start earlier with one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2019
Alright, I figured I should update. So I've just beat the 8th gym leader and am ready for the Pokémon League. I'm debating on what legendary bird I should catch, but I'm swinging towards Articuno.

My team so far:

Charizard: Lv 50

Gyarados: Lv 49

Pidgeot: Lv 45

Golbat: Lv 47 -I just wish he could evolve... D:

Butterfree: Lv 48

Dragonair: Lv 50

Years
Update time!

° Defeated my dad with Zara - She loves to use Crush Claw on everything.
° Finally got to Safari Zone and got my last team member - Girafarig.
° Defeated Winnona - Zara was the last one standing. Luckily I got Silk Scarf for her&Grinded her before the gym.

Team:

301.gif

Lilly|Female|Careful Nature|Cute Charm|Lvl 37
Sing
Assist
DoubleSlap
Faint Attack

294.gif

Larry|Male|Impish Nature|Soundproof|Lvl 33
Pound
Uproar
Rock Smash
Howl

264.gif

Lina|Female|Sassy Nature|Pickup|Lvl 31
Surf
Rock Smash
Tail Whip
Headbutt

277.gif

Tai|Male|Impish Nature|Guts|Lvl 32
Wing Attack
Fly
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

335.gif

Zara|Female|Careful Nature|Immunity|Lvl 42
Slash
Crush Claw
Swords Dance
Pursuit

203f.gif

Marty|Female|Gentle Nature|Early Bird|Lvl 30
Astonish
Confusion
Stomp
Odor Sleuth

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Normal Monotype Challenge: White Version
5/8So, when I arrived in Driftveil city, I caught myself a Deerling as soon as I could, and when it wasn't male I couldn't call it Bambi. Went with Molly because I couldn't think of anything better. I was extremely disappointed that the one mon that should have given me some advantage over a Ground Type gym didn't know any Grass Type moves but Leech Seed. Regardless, the gym's regular trainers were pretty much pushovers, though I did have to heal a few times.

Clay was a boss, as usual. Luckily, an uber with the wrong set isn't exactly an uber, so it could have been worse, but Excadrill was still painful, considering I didn't have much to deal with is Steel typing. Lucky for me, I have Super Fang. So all the defense in the world couldn't stop me. Badge get!

Team:
Spoiler:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Forum User Name: Black Ninetales
Pokémon Type:
picture.php

Challenge Type: Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, White 2, X
Previous Progress: No

Years
So, just to make sure, the Ultimates are now only counting those who completed it within Gen VI standards, right? Because I have, and finished up the Ground Monotype with X before the previous thread was shut down.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, just to make sure, the Ultimates are now only counting those who completed it within Gen VI standards, right? Because I have, and finished up the Ground Monotype with X before the previous thread was shut down.
Yes, only Gen 6 Ulitmates will be listed here.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2019
Just beat the Champion! I didn't think it was too difficult once my Magikarp evolved. I might do another region later.

Here's my final team. Sorry about the thumbnail, I don't know how to put images in haha.

Years
Platinum Grass Monotype Update!

It's update time for me!
°Picked Turtwig as my starter.
°Got Budew as soon as I could- It destroyed Roark but it took forever to evolve because I forgot that it evolves only at day time .-.
° Got to Gardenia's gym (I mean my gym)... Destroyed her with Terry and same goes for Fantina.
° Took me about forever but I finally found Cherubi on one of the honey trees. Got eevee that evolved into leafeon.
°Got to Safari Zone where I found my last two team members - Tropius and Carnivine.
°Defeated Maylenne with Torterra that has Earthquake.
°Defeated Crasher Wake - Thought that Gyarados will give me problems- turned out that Floatzel will give me the most trouble with it's annoying Ice fang .-. But I eventually defeated him.

Current team:

357.gif

Ecco|Male|Naive Nature|Solar Power|Lvl 32
Razor Leaf
Stomp
Fly
Magical Leaf
Likes to run.

315f.gif

Rose|Female|Docile Nature|Poison Point|Lvl 33
Mega Drain
Growth
Water Sport
Stun Spore
Loves to eat.

421-sunshine.gif

Cherry|Female|Quirky Nature|Flower Gift|Lvl 31
Tackle
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Sunny Day
Somewhat of a clown.

455.gif

Carnivora|Female|Sassy Nature|Levitate|Lvl 35
Vine Whip
Sweet Scent
Ingrain
Faint Attack
Proud of it's power.

389.gif

Terry|Male|Adamant Nature|Overgrow|Lvl 36
Earthquake
Bite
Mega Drain
Razor Leaf
Sturdy Body.

470.gif

Tay|Male|Quirky Nature|Leaf Guard|Lvl 36
Quick Attack
Magical Leaf
Synthesis
Growl
Mischievous.

Years
I'm really interested in doing an ultimate Steel type challenge, but does that mean I skip Kanto, and start the challenge in Johto instead? Sorry, I'm new to this XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back