• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tnguye3's fakemon sprites! =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
I like the concepts, but the technique is still to improve, like proportions or borders.

Years
picture.php

I'm quite looking forward to this, the lineart has a nice flow. As a starter, I feel the size is too large though.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
I know how the grass looks like ;)

Gah! I didn't take it down quickly enough! xD

picture.php

I'm quite looking forward to this, the lineart has a nice flow. As a starter, I feel the size is too large though.

Hehe, gonna be revealed soon - all I need to do is finish the 2nd stage for the green starter (and finally get confirmation from altaria). ^^

Also - it's not a starter, but a starter evolution. ^_^"

Aaaaand update:
picture.php
picture.php

Only need to finish the grass one now. ^^

Last edited:

tnguye3

Years
Woot I'm done:
picture.php

Just gonna wait for approval now.

Okay, got approval to reveal em, so here they are:
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

firebolt12

pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
these are really cool sprites! Nice designs, and they are very smooth and clean! YAY YAY!

tnguye3

Years
My first backsprite, lemme know what you think.
It's meant to be the back sprite of the Fire Crow Fakemon for Pokemon Iron and Stone.
I think it's meh-ish. constructive critisism please.

picture.php

tnguye3

Years
Aaaand more stuff:
picture.php

Dripard

Quick warmup. It's still in WIP...and will forever remain as WIP unless someone pimps it. xD
Well I'll post the final version if it will ever become final.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015

And now for the inevitable evil crit. Ok, firstly, my backsprite crit is not as good as my front-sprite crit. The main issue is his beak. Let's look at the front sprite:

picture.php

That spike thing on the back sprite is much to straight compared to the front one, and the outline is too light. Also, there's a design issue. The front sprite has red spikes on the cheek, while the back doesn't. The fire on the front sprite is wild, while the fire on the back is straight. And there should be atleast a little bit of the white fluff on it chest on the backsprite.

Overall, the backsprite needs some smoothing, just to make it look like the front.

picture.php

And why is he looking into space like that, in a whole other direction x)?

tnguye3

Years
And now for the inevitable evil crit. Ok, firstly, my backsprite crit is not as good as my front-sprite crit. The main issue is his beak. Let's look at the front sprite:

picture.php

That spike thing on the back sprite is much to straight compared to the front one, and the outline is too light. Also, there's a design issue. The front sprite has red spikes on the cheek, while the back doesn't. The fire on the front sprite is wild, while the fire on the back is straight. And there should be atleast a little bit of the white fluff on it chest on the backsprite.

Overall, the backsprite needs some smoothing, just to make it look like the front.

picture.php

And why is he looking into space like that, in a whole other direction x)?

Umm, actually the backsprite is meant to be for the first evolution stage. xD

And about the fish -- umm, i dunno maybe he got stoned. xD

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Uhmm... Just wondering the tutorial u made is amazing but im stuck at the Stage 3 onwards.. Can u make a Vid of tht.. pleaaaaasseee?.. :) :) n ur work is godly!!!!

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
You are an amazing scratch artist! I love the shading and the fire and just ALL of it! :D even though the sprites are big, that just allows you to make even more detail apparent. Spriting small is HARD to do. I myself was struggling with that(and still am for that matter!), but I practiced spriting in the confines of 64x64, 45x45 for a base pokemon, 55x55 for a 1st stage, and 64x64 for 2nd stage. Trying that will probably help you to learn how to shrink down your sprites to nice sizes. I hope you continue and surpass me (which you dont have far to go! not far at all!) witch i think you have the capability to do!

tnguye3

Years
@Dorandragon
Thanks! I've actually been practising trying to get the basic pokemon stages small in size (Panda and Blaydite) and it's pretty difficult. xD
I also prefer to sprite "bigger" as smaller sprites tend to make my sprites look like they're "squashed", although I don't have the required skills to sprite big/huge as I have only been learning how to do Pokemon sprites of, well, 80x80 and 96x96. x3
Anyways thanks for those canvas sizes I might try it out and see how I go along shrinking my Sprite size. ;)

@keshavkd
Yeah the shading part is the most difficult part! xD
If I find the time I'll try post up a video tut or something.

Also, another backsprite. This time of the 1st evolution stage of the Steel Fish for Pokemon Iron and Stone:
picture.php

Years
Please refrain from posting spam, and try commenting on the sprites at least. Criticism is recommended in some posts as well. Mostly directing this to keshavkd.

tnguye3

Years
Okey dokey here's another backsprite, this time it's the 1st stage Grass Bunny evolution for Pokemon Iron and Stone:
picture.php

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
I would love to look at your sprites especially after all the compliments you have been receiving. However, I can't see the pictures inside the tags. Maybe you can just have them be outside tags inside the post or tell me another way that would help me look at your things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back