• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One More Time

bobandbill

one more time
Years
She walked into the room, game console in hand, and sat down next to him. "Hey, where are you up to?" she asked, peering over his shoulder.

"Still on this stupid part of the game," he muttered, turning the screen towards her.

She frowned at it. "How can you still be there? I was ages behind...and now I'm all the way here. Look, it's really cool-"

"Shush, I don't want any spoilers about that," he said quickly.

"Do you want help then?" she asked with a grin.

"Of course not! I'm just resetting the game, and it's taking longer than I expected. I want optimal stats for this character, you see, so I'm trying this part over and over until I get the best possible one. You wouldn't understand the details though."

"Well... that's silly," she decided, looking back at her game.

"Well, who are you using?" the boy queried. She showed him, and he smirked. "That? How come?"

"It's cute," she defended. "Besides, it's getting me further than you. That part was hours ago."

"Bah, you'll see what I mean later." He scratched his head and turned his attention back to the game.

"If you say so." She shrugged and stood up. "Lunch's in five," she added as she left the room.

He sighed and glanced at his watch. A moment of button mashing later he observed the bounties of his effort and winced, then reached for the power button. "Stupid game... Alright, let's try one more time..."

---

Yay for vagueness. Originally just a drabble but I decided to go for a bit more length.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
This reminds me of the one time I tried soft resetting for a shiny Ho-Oh in HG. When I read other people's experiences, there were a lot saying "Who cares about shininess? Think of the IVs you're passing by!"

I just realized how much time I was wasting!

Still, this was a good little piece about two different ways to play the same game. There's the perfect stat side and the just having fun with cute things side. I wonder how far the latter will be by the time the male gets the stats he's looking for.

Are they playing in school or at a work place? It's more amusing to imagine adults arguing about this, so that's what I'm going with!

A moment of button mashing later he observed the bounties of his effort and winced, and then reached for the power button.
To me, this sentence sounds a little better without the "and" before "then," but it's no big deal.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This reminds me of the one time I tried soft resetting for a shiny Ho-Oh in HG. When I read other people's experiences, there were a lot saying "Who cares about shininess? Think of the IVs you're passing by!"

I just realized how much time I was wasting!
Come now, playing games in any form isn't a waste of time. =p

Still, this was a good little piece about two different ways to play the same game. There's the perfect stat side and the just having fun with cute things
side. I wonder how far the latter will be by the time the male gets the stats he's looking for.
Hurrah, that's the aim I was going for achieved then, even if it wasn't really complicated.
Are they playing in school or at a work place? It's more amusing to imagine adults arguing about this, so that's what I'm going with!
In my head it was at a house, but adults playing it while hanging out works. I didn't really decide in my head about the ages, both kids and adults playing cases were in my mind tbh.
To me, this sentence sounds a little better without the "and" before "then," but it's no big deal.
I suppose it does!

Cheers for the review, Astinus.

Back