• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

PokeSentai [M] OOC Topic

Years
PokeSentai

Plot
Spoiler:

That's the overall plot to the game, hopefully you read it all, or otherwise things will become increasingly confusing for you. Now for a little tech/science explanation, as it's a heavy focus for combat and your character's interaction with Pokemon.

Technology and Science

Spoiler:

The Roolz and other Tid-bits

• As with any RPG; no godmodding, bunnying other player's characters (without permission), too in-depth romantic or gory content, Keep OOC posts in the OOC topic, and no breaking other board rules.
  • No legendries unless I allow you to have one. Bonding with a legendary will take a lot of time, effort, and strength.
  • This RPG is rated M, meaning you're allowed to kill Pokemon, NPC's and each other as you see fit, but try to be sensible about it. If you're character massacres a village, don't be surprised if a lynch mob comes after you. Also, if your character gets put into a situation where there is no possible way of avoiding death, plot armor will not save you.
  • While calling hits on NPC's is acceptable within reason, doing so to player characters is not. However, you and your opponent may collaborate through PM's to make one large post. If your opponent is taking an exceptionally long time to reply, the GM will decide the damage.
  • To elaborate on how the armor should look when fused with your Pokemon, think of a mix between the suits worn in Power Ranger or Kamen rider mixed in with Iron man's suit, and the aesthetics of armors in the Monster Hunter games. The suit should take on the appearance of your Pokemon; meaning Hitmonchan fused armor should have boxing gloves as its main weapon.
  • When a new Pokemon is picked as a partner, write a description of what it looks like as well as weapons in the OOC topic. Try to be inventive with it. All submissions need to be approved before in game use, but I'm very lenient if you can really wow me. This is especially so if you want to fuse with multiple headed Pokemon or many others who may not mesh well with a humanoid figure. If another character wants to use the same species to fuse with, they must follow the armor design already in use. There will be a record of all armor fusions.
  • As stated, you'll be akin to a Power Ranger/Kamen Rider when fused with your Pokemon in-game. All PC's will use MK. IV armor, which will beat most anyone with the same combat skills using lesser armor, even more so when fused. The stronger the Pokemon, the stronger the armor when fused. Pokemon get stronger when fighting alone and when being fused with their Fuzor.
  • You can change Pokemon partners at any time with the Pokemon of the surrounding that are of your Type. Just remember that doing so breaks the bond with your current partner, and they will resent you for that. You can try to bond with them again later, but they may hold a grudge against you. Newly bonded Pokemon should take the place of the replaced one on your initial sign-up.
  • There are no levels, natures, or abilities for Pokemon. They won't really be playing apart in the RPG. Your Pokemon's personality will be enough, as they won't be in Pokeballs. Moves will exist though, and moves are never forgotten. The GM will determine what moves are started out with and when a new move is learned. For battling purposes, generally wild Pokemon are weaker than Pokemon owned by a Trainer, and Trainer Pokemon are weaker than those partnered with a Fuzor unless there is a huge experience gap.
  • If using a Flying Type Fuzor, the player will treat Flying as the primary Type instead of the secondary, seeing as it is almost an exclusively secondary Type.
  • If you feel something else about the in-game world needs to be explained more, just say so and I'll add it in here.

Enrollment
Spoiler:

SU form:

Name:

Type: (determines your Guild)

Appearance: (at least one paragraph)

Personality: (at least two paragraphs)

History: (at least three paragraphs)

Pokemon: (any stage 1 non-legendary)

Pokemon Personality: (3-4 sentences)

Fusion Armor Appearance + Weaponry: (Only for previously unused Pokemon)

Years
Sign ups are now open! I'll be creating the IC topic later when I get in from work, but that doesn't mean people can't start writing their characters.

Also, this post will be used to keep track of important NPC's and such for players to reference.

Years
By all means take your time. There's not a limited amount of spots open, so don't feel as though you're racing against any imaginary clock.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Ummm... quick question? Is this the only thread for PokeSentai? The concept for this looks really good and i'm thinking about applying. Is there like another place people put their applications and do the rping? I'm sorry im not really good with forums and stuff.

Years
Ummm... quick question? Is this the only thread for PokeSentai? The concept for this looks really good and i'm thinking about applying. Is there like another place people put their applications and do the rping? I'm sorry im not really good with forums and stuff.

As of right now, yes this is the only topic. It's the OOC topic, which is where sign ups would go, but very few people apparently aren't interested. If it were to pick up in membership, then I'd post the in game topic, but I don't see that happening.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Aww.. :( That sucks. If you'd like i could make an SU and submit it and maybe someone might take notice and join? Anyways I think this is a very interesting story and concept and I'd love to be in the RP. Please message me if anyone else also becomes interested. I would try to spread the word about PokeSentai but, since i'm really new to this site i dont think anyone would take notice. I wish you Good Luck!

Back