• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I'm going to start a Fire run, starting in FIRE RED (because Metal Claw is cheap-as). I'll then go through GOLD (to get myself used to Johto before HGSS), take a break (for HGSS) before destroying RUBY and PLATINUM.

Or...I could go a bug type and use a Caterpie. A NINJA Caterpie.

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Actually, laying around in bed has given me a lot of time to play my Ruby...because of this, I'm making an update because I've actually gotten pretty far!
-Started up my Ruby
-Got through the whole beginning part
-I choozd a Mudkip becaurs I leik Mudkipz
-Traded over a newly hatched Bagon from Sapphire (Adamant nature) because after the downfall of Dratini's wrap, I decided to pick another option for a modified starter.
-Continued onwards to Petalburg City
-Laughed when Wally sucked at being a trainer (Upon laughing, clutched my stomach in pain T.T)
-Beat the pathetic Magma grunt in Petalburg woods
-Got to Rustaburo city
-I've always hated Roxanne. Not only do I hate her name, but I swear she hacked her Nosepass. It's supposed to suck, but it's overleveled and mercelessly destroys me every time I face it until I'm level 18 or so. Not only that, but she relentlessly uses potions on her geodude whenever it loses any health. Did I mention her Nosepass?
-After some serious grinding, killed Roxanne
-beat the Magma guy...again...
-Went down to dewford town on an old guy's ship
-Couldn't teach flash to anything, so I stumbled through granite cave
-well well well, if it isn't Steven. In a few days you, sir, will no longer be champion...
-Beat Brawly. I always liked his gym puzzle, it's one of my favorites. Headbutt FTW
-Continued on to Slateport
-I ran into the Magma I've beat twice now and he gave me a nice TM
-Saved some scientist guy from a squad of Magmas
-went north to Mauville - Oh no, It's May! (a few headbutts later) Never mind.
-Got through Wattson's little puzzle and fried him with ember and a headbutt for Voltorb
-Bagon evolved to Shelgon!!!
-Went north and beat the little trainer family or whatever they are
-Smashed some rocks (HM slave Zigzagoon)
-Fought and endless slew of trainers and reached an ash field
-Reached Fallabor Town! oh wait, there's nothing to do...
-Disheartened, I went to my favorite dungeon in this game, Meteorite Falls!
-Shelgon heard some bagon in the distance, but we couldn't get to them
-Beat some more Magmas (theyre getting to be a pain...but not as much as the rockets were in other generations)
-Met my buddy Archie
-Went all the way back around to Mauville in order to get to lavaridge
-Soaked myself in the hot springs (ahh...)
-I didn't remember Flannery's gym (or her, really :P) but I still beat her with a few dragonbreaths (new coolest move)
-OMG GO-GOGGLES
-Caught a trapinch! Currently grinding it to evolve it!

Fortunatly I wrote this while playing, so even if I don't remember doing half the stuff thats on here (thanks for the meds, doc) here I stand! Also, I honestly can't remember the rest of my playthrough of silver, so it looks like my last post will stay as is. I did complete it though, I know because of the save file.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
Here is some update on my grass challenge:
- Capture Sunkern
- train all my pokemon
- Beat the third gym.
- Beat Sudowoodo

My team:
Hoppip - Lv 17
- Tackle
- Stun Spore
- Poisonpowder
- headbutt

Sunkern - Lv 17
- Absorb
- Growth
- Mega Drain
- Attract

Paras - Lv 17
- Scratch
- Fury Cutter
- Stun Spore
- Dig

Oddish - Lv 17
- Absorb
- Sweet Scent
- Poisonpowder
- Stun Spore

Bellsprout - Lv 18
- Vine Whip
- Poisonpowder
- Cut
- Wrap

Bayleef - Lv 25
- Tackle
- Poisonpowder
-Razor Leaf
- Synthesis

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2010
I completed my normal type challenge in Yellow. I beat it using:
Clefable Lvl 62
Raticate Lvl 58

I would post the screenshots, but I don't have enough posts for that to be enabled!
Off to Crystal.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i have beaten pyrce in my crystal,
and now trying to beat team rocket in radio tower,
will post team after beating Clair :) .

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I have a dilemma.

I'm in the SS. Anne with a level 32 Charmeleon and nothing else.

If I battle everyone, I will evolve Charmeleon. Great, more power.

However, Surge is effective against me.

If I don't, I'll lose valuable EXP, but I have more defensive ability with Surge.

I think I'll probably do that latter.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
Years
Evolve it. Flamethrower is going to OHKO all of Surge's pokemon anyway.

On-topic, I'll be starting a poison run as soon as HGSS is released over here in the UK. I'm saying this now cause it means I can get Gen 1 over and done with. I'll be using: Leaf Green > Soul Silver > Emerald > Platinum.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
es58vb.png

So yeah, I took a long time, but actually, I did it 2 days ago, internet was dead. I was bored because of that, I was at Ice Path, so I went to Ice Path to defeating Red in 2 and a half hours :D. On to Sapphire, though I will miss my lovely Gengar there :(. I will probably use Banette/Dusclops/Sableye in it, Shedinja sucks and is too frail.
Final Team:
Spr_2c_094.gif

Gengar @ Nevermeltice (didn't have a better item lol :P)
Level 82, Male
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderpunch
~ Psychic
~ Ice Punch

On to Hoenn!

Nathanyiel

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Allright, I left off when I caught my Trapinch, right?
-Evolved trapinch to vibrava
-Took on my Dad's gym with Vibrava alone. Dig was killer on his slakings, he would attack when I was underground then loaf around when I came up.
-Headed off toward fortree city!
-Helped out wattson with his power troubles in new mauville
-Continued up toward fortree. It was either here or after Fortree I saw steven and he asked me if I used many types of pokemon or only one, hahaha
-Got to fortree and was confounded by and invisible wall. Seeing as I could not get into the gym, I continued onwards.
-It's steven! He gave me the Devon Scope...Wait, when did Sliph get replaced?!
-Went back to the gym and took advantage of the Keckleon's ability, using two dragonbreaths
-Took down Winoa (I think that's her name)
-pushed onward and reached Lilicove City...wait, team Magma again???
-Got up Mt. Pyre
-Beat the Magmas again
-Had no clue what to due...then remembered to head to Slateport
-Gave chase to the Magmas, finding them in their underwater lair, which I destroyed thoroughly
-Continued to Mossdeep
-The twins weren't too hard, I just kept attacking until they ran out of there seemingly infinite store of potions.
-It took forever to get through seafloor cavern, the strength puzzles were a pain
-Killed Maxie without trouble.
-Went to Sootopolis and killed Groudon for exp.
-Beat Wallace without too much trouble, it was just his milotic's ice beam, which I solved with a crit ;)
-Went to Evergrande (I never got why they named it that)
-Victory road, blah blah
-Beat Wally, who had made quite an improvement since the last time we fought. I almost died :(
-I saw this as an invitation to do some grinding.
-Allright, E4 time! (also, shelgon and vibrava evolved somewhere along the way, I can't remember where for each)

Sidney: An easy fight. Salamence's aerial ace destroyed most of his grassy buddies, while dragon claw took care of the rest.

Pheobe: Dragon claws all around. Not much to say, I just switched to Flygon and used earthquake whenever she used curse, usually killing herself in the process.

Glacia: The hardest battle I have ever fought. Salamance killed Glalie with a fire blast, then survived an ice beam from one of her sealeos, killing it with two dragon claws. Next up, walrein. Damaged it severely with dragon claw, died, then sent out flygon. First used a revive, and blissard missed. HAX got a crit with earthquake and killed it. Killed sealeo with two earthquakes. Glalie finished off Flygon, and then more hax, Salamance got a crit with fire blast. I honestly should not have won.

Drake: Dragon claw

Steven: felt easy after glalie, but it wasn't. Killed skarmory with a fire blast and Claydol with three dragon claws. All it used was barrier and light screen. Cradily died to an areal ace and a dragon claw, using mega drain in the middle, and then aggron. Switched to Flygon and...I didn't use an ether for earthquake and unknowingly used it all up...But it didn't matter because he was incredibly stupid with his aggron and missed a lot, so after a large number of crunches it died. His Armaldo was killed by a crit rock tomb, and i swithed to salamance as he sent out Metagross. excellent hax, killed it with a crit fire blast.

LEG 3 COMPLETE

Final Team:
pkrs189.gif
Lv. 55
-Aerial Ace
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Blast
-Strength

pkrs118.gif
Lv. 52
-Crunch
-Rock Tomb
-Dragonbreath
-Earthquake

sigpic194203_3.gif

I misclicked and caught a wingull, then never bothered to put in in the PC :P

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Hey, I'm actually doing stuff! What's going on?

I went up and beat my rival at Burned Tower. He wasn't too hard. Jonathan (Hitmonlee) took care of Haunter with a couple of Mud-slaps. I switched to Warren (Hitmonchan) for Zubat, who went down to a Thunder and Ice Punch. I spammed Thunderpunches against Croconaw, who just spammed Water Guns in response. It took a while because his stupid Zubat already confused me. Back to Jonathan and Mud-slap for Magnemite. Saw some dogs/cats/gerbils in the basement, and some creep called Eusine told me that he was looking for Suicine. I told him his parents must have been prophetic by giving him almost exactly the same name as his obsession.

I went down to the gym and fought the dullest bunch of Ghost trainers in the world. Ever heard of a Misdreavous, guys? Anyway, Mud-slap and Elemental Punches took care of the mooks. Mud-slap took down Morty's Gastly easily, but I switched to Warren for Haunter. It took lots of punches, and annoyingly just when it was in the red it used Hypnosis. Looking through my bag I found that I hadn't bought anything to cure sleep, so I rode it out using several Super potions (I could have switched I know, but I didn't want to risk getting another one Hypnotised). Gengar came in, so back to Jonathan for more Mud-slaps. Gengar just spammed Hypnosis in return, but all of them missed! I love this move! And the lack of Levitate! The second Haunter took a few slaps of mud too, and I won the Fog Badge, without even having to bring out my higher-levelled Hitmontop.

Team is just the same except Jonathan knows Rock Smash instead of Tackle, and him and Warren are a few levels higher.

EDIT: Just reached Olivine, Rock Smash has been replaced by Hi Jump Kick and all team members are lvl. 26.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Okay, after three days since last updating, I've went through these last three pages and updated again. Good going, people! :D

and on to my own challenge.... my crystal file got corrupted! yay! im gonna restart, its working just fine now... do i have to redo GEN I? I hope not.
No you do not. ^^

ive started a water monotype challenge in Pkmn Crystal;
up to Whitney,

i didnt wanna do gen 1, i'll do it after :) .
Well you're supposed to start in the 1st Gen here. Sorries.

Nathanyiel

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Ugh...I just deleted my update before posting it on accident T.T
Well, long story short I'm at Eterna city and I just beat Gardenia but have yet to take on the Galactic Eterna Building. I started with chimchar so my rival's rapidash, empoleon, and rosarade will be weak to earthquake from gible.
Team:
dpmfa443.png
Lv. 24, Adamant Nature
-Take Down
-Sand-Attack
-Dragon Rage
-Sandstorm
I put this in my update before it was deleted, but I'm not evolving until Lv. 27 when he learns Dragon Claw.

EDIT:
Hopefully I won't delete this time...
-Fought up the Eterna Building. Jupiter's skuntank got hit hard by slash, I got 2 crits in a row
-Headed down Cycling road, then headed into mt. Coronet
-Met Cyrus...I mean who was that?
-saved a buneary. I'm pretty hardcore
-found out my mom had been stalking me when I met her in Hearthome o.0
-Couldn't fight the Gym, so I moved on. Better places to be.
-Evolved gible after it learned Dragon Claw (yay)
-got to Solaceon town. By the way, I hate breeders and their huge underleveled teams
-There was nothing to do, so I continued north
-After a long journey, I reached Veilstone
-on my way to the gym dawn of couse had to show her ugly face for no reason.
-Fought the gym trainers
-Maylene was challenging...or at least her Lucario. Everything else died to dragon claw. Her Lucario presented a problem due to its steel typing. I had to use dragon rages to take it out, and Maylene kept using potions T.T
-Returned to Hearthome, but this time took a different path...
-Found myself in Pastoria City. I killed a galactic who was acting suspicious
-Crasher Wake presented no trouble whatsoever. Gabite owned him with Dragon claw and several slashes.
-Cynthia gave me some meds for pokemon
-I healed the crazy psyducks on Route 210

That's all for now...

Team
dpmfa444.png
Lv. 39
-Take Down
-Slash
-Dragon Rage
-Dragon Claw

Last edited:
Years
I started again on Crystal, but it's constantly giving me a 'This game is meant to be played on the Gameboy Color' message... despite the fact i'm using one lol. I'm actually going to take my lumps and try again later with a different type. I already started a ground mono on ruby today, so after that, I'll try my luck in this Mega-challenge again.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i bet Crystal :D .
Red was really hard, lucky i had so many revives and full restores.
I accidently left my poliwag in the DayCare too long so that was a bonus :) .

heres my team;
pokemoncrystal.png

Vaporeon w/ Focus Band
Spr_2c_134.gif

Shadow Ball
HP [Ground]
Aurora Beam
Waterfall

Kingdra w/ Leftovers
Spr_2c_230.gif

Hydro Pump
Snore
Rest
Toxic

Kingler
Spr_2c_099.gif

Surf
Waterfall
Stomp
Crabhammer

Gyarados
Spr_2c_130_s.gif

Thrash
Zap Cannon
Rain Dance
Hyper Beam

Feraligator
Spr_2c_160.gif

Surf
Iron Tail
Dynamic Punch
Slash

Politoed
Spr_2c_186.gif

Psychic
Hypnosis
Surf
Perish Song

im not the best at movesets, on to blue ;) .

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
OK, I did all the Lighthouse/Sea stuff, got to Cianwood and slapped myself for forgetting to catch a Fly slave. Wandered up to the top of the island and met Suicine again. The creep with the Suicine fetish challenged me to a battle. Jonathan the Hitmonlee kicked his arse and I told him to stop stalking me. The gym was pretty easy. One Hi Jump Kick from Jonathan beat the Primeape, then several Thunderpunches from Warren weaked Poliwrath before a couple of lucky Dynamicpunches took him down. Andrew finished him off with Strength.

Back to Olivine, where embarassingly I got my arse handed to me by Jasmine. I'm gonna do the Mahogany/Rocket stuff before going back to her.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Oh boy. It's GRINDING TIME!

(Is at the entrance to Mt. Silver)

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Ooh, I hate grinding for Red. The level jump between him and Blue, with just some lame-ass wild Tangelas to train against is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back