• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So... What languages do you know?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Java, BASIC, a bit of C++, a little Python, HTML, some CSS, a small bit of Javascript, Windows batch file scripting, and Bash scripting.

Years
Java, BASIC, a bit of C++, a little Python, HTML, some CSS, a small bit of Javascript, Windows batch file scripting, and Bash scripting.
It's quite impressive that you can speak in Javascript. It's tough enough to just type it.

But anyhoo, I can read and speak Vietnamese fluently, though writing isn't something I'm good at anymore. I haven't wrote a page of Vietnamese in years.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
french quiet alot of it, um abit of spanish, google translator comes in handy once in a while

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I'm not fluent enough to speak it properly, but I can certainly read and write in Spanish if I have to. :P

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Greek (mother language)
English (obviously)
Italian (didn't get the degree, but I'm on that level) - then easily got boosted on Spanish
German (quite a few, 3 years of german lessons)
Japanese (every japanese word/phrase/grammar a fellow otaku can learn.)

Plus, various Russian words, as I get visited by them often. ;p

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
English (I wasn't born speaking English as in English wasn't my first language so I consider English and other Language.)
Malay
A bit of French.
A bit of Japanese.

And, I can read Arabic Letters, but that's about it...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I can read and write quite a bit of Spanish. But if spoken I just stand there with a "o_O" face. I might start learning Dutch, maybe Esperanto or something else.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
I can speak fluent Greek, as well as a little french (only a little, my french teacher is a 'bag of wasted air', and there's something really wrong because another teacher said that about her) and limited spanish. I can understand (but not write or read) a little japanese.

Years
American (I'm kidding, I swear)
I also speak um...Mandarin (semi fluently), Japanese (Just a little bit, I can understand most phrases and speak simple ones), and I'm still trying to learn French. My sister's also pushing me to learn Spanish; so far, I can only count in Spanish...up to 100 or so. xD

The only language I can write in is English, I can't read or write in the rest of the languages I know.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years

It's quite impressive that you can speak in Javascript. It's tough enough to just type it.

But anyhoo, I can read and speak Vietnamese fluently, though writing isn't something I'm good at anymore. I haven't wrote a page of Vietnamese in years.
My voice doesn't have a non-alphanumeric parser, though, so when I come across a semicolon or something, I just make a weird noise.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2010
I can read and write quite a bit of Spanish. But if spoken I just stand there with a "o_O" face. I might start learning Dutch, maybe Esperanto or something else.
Mi lernantas ĝin nu. Ĝi estas tre facila.

I can speak conversational Spanish and French. Right now, I'm trying to learn Esperanto, Russian (really confusing @_@), basic Swedish, and Japanese.

Although, the only things I can say in Swedish are:
"Hunden är där."
and
"Du gav mig inte alla delarna!" (IKEA. :P)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Hmm... you are multilingual then, like me :D.

Anyways. I speak English and Spanish. I am learning Japanese and am planning on Italian later on. The school gives us access to Rosetta Stone Online so my progress is excellent! :D

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
Years
I've been brought up speaking french quite a bit seeing as my mother and grandmother spoke it, but I've taken classes since 7th grade. Other than that just a TAD bit of German and that's it.

Years
A good amount of Japanese, and I don't mean only desu! baka! kawaii! otaku Japanese.

Once upon a time I knew some French, but not anymore.

shu

so alone so lost inside
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2017
a can speak some japanese,im still learning.and i can write in japanese.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Used to speak German, Arabic and French semi-fluently. Still not bad at my German but other languages have diwindled. I know useful snippets of Russian, Spanish and Portugese and I have a bit of Italian because of its significance in music (accelerando!).

I have a friend who studies French & German and he's absolutely freaky the number of languages he can speak (about 5 fluently and 5 semi-fluently).

Back