• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[T] War Between Pokemon & Humans II - Severed Bonds [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
2cr0byr.jpg

- War Between Pokemon & Humans II -
- Severed Bonds -
~A Platinum Quarterdeck Production~

HoennIIIE.png

"The tragedy of war is that it uses man's best to do man's worst." - Henry Fosdick

Now What?

The assassination of the former General of the Human Republic - Josh Cahill left the new General pressured into declaring war, and soon, the second War Between Pokemon and Humans has begun. It is now three days after the assassination, and both sides await for the other to make their move. At first, many Pokemon and Humans are sceptical a war would even occur.

Eventually, someone made their move. It was the Pokemon who would strike first. Rumor has it that the Pokemon Entente's got a new Leader in charge, which's stepped up one night before the Fortree fight, one day ago. They gather their armies at Lilycove, and plan their first attack against the Human-controlled Fortree City. The humans got word of this attack, just in time, and prepare their defenses in their city.

The RP opens for the Humans in Fortree City, one the eve of an attack. General Cain Trace gathers everyone together to make final preparations for the attack. Post about meeting General Cain Trace, and your preparations for the battle.

The RP opens for the Pokemon in Lilycove, where they muster their full strength to deal a deadly first strike against the humans in Fortree. The new Leader, Herodes the Infernape will be there in a temporary battle tent, planning final attack routes. Prepare yourselves as the road before you will not be an easy one.

The League Of Legendaries will watch silently above, and you, the Legendaries, can post about what you feel and what you see from above. Unlike my secondary character, Ceberus the Mewtwo, your legendary characters will only enter later on. If you do not have another human/Pokemon character, then you'll have to wait for a while.​

With that knowledge, the Second War Between Pokemon and Humans commences...

My SU

Spoiler:

My Intro Post

Nocturne, Warrior-to-be of the Pokemon Entente
Sinnoh Region, Iron Island
Cave

As the sun disappeared below the sea surface, a dark, cat-like figure was sitting at the edge a cliff, his body pure black except for some blue, bring rings on his ears, back, legs, and tail, which glowed from time to time. His red, bloodshed eyes were full of sadness and tiredness, and they weren't as bright and sharp as they were ten years ago. With the giant yolk of an egg disappearing below the surface, the sky was darkened, from dark crimson, to black, then to pitch darkness, the absence of light. Despite how dark it was on the cliff, with no lampposts and lights whatsoever, the large full moon managed to escape the large cloud-walls, the white moonlight brighter than ever. When a beam of moonlight shone onto the creature's back, his rings glowed back as if they were communicating with the large round astronomical object, answering its calls. The Umbreon had been living on Iron Island for a decade, because the island was the only place that wasn't truly affected by the Nuclear Burst's radiation.

The Nuclear Burst.

Wade the Umbreon couldn't possibly forget what had happened back then. Twelve years ago. He was young. He was energetic. Now, he was old, weak, depressed and disoriented. His glory days were over. Heck, the 'glory' days weren't really that glorious either, as those days were full of battles, missions, fights, and deaths. The black cat was lucky to be alive. Looking at his chest position, he glanced at a long, twenty cm long scar, located right on top of his heart. He had died once. But his ex-trainer, Jack Spark, managed to bring him back to life. The Umbreon sighed.

"Couldn't save Lydia..." He mumbled, looking at the raging sea below him, jagged rocks ready to skewer him if he fell. Lydia. Wade sighed again, looking into space, the black clouds cruising across the sky. Then, he shook his head, and closed his eyes. For a second there, there was a cloud that looked exactly like the past Zorua, and the poor Umbreon couldn't even tell if it was a hallucination or not. When the bomb was detonated, Wade was underground, deep under, and the bomb couldn't hurt him. But his love, his Zorua girlfriend, wasn't so lucky...scowling at himself and opening his red, tired eyes, he couldn't feel guiltier. He couldn't save his mate, and she was destroyed in the large explosion which was caused by her boyfriend. Punching the ground with his paw, Wade let out a large cry of frustration and slumped onto the ground, whimpering and sighing, thinking of what he had done. Looking at the ground, Wade noticed a shadow before him, and his eyes perked up, not expecting someone to be here, standing in front of him when he was sulking, but when he saw who he was, Wade eased a little and sighed again.

"Dad, come on, it's not your fault." a Zoroark said, kneeling before his father, looking into the Umbreon's eyes, concerned about his father's condition. The Zoroark was shiny, with red eyes instead of blue, but his mane was darkish blue-black instead of purple, "If you stay this way you'll be crazy in no time. Remember you told me that it was for the greater good? For the future of Pokemon and their offspring? Everything you taught me on this island?"

"I want to take that back, son." Wade spoke, his voice soft and weak, "I know this is selfish of me...but now I would rather let the whole region destroy itself. I just want Lydia to be here...or at least...to be safe..."

"She's probably smiling at you right now, up there," Nocturne spoke, pointing at the dark sky above him with his paw," And she doesn't want you to cry, that's for sure. Look around you, dad, you've done the right thing. Pokemon and Humans aren't fighting again..." the Zoroark sighed though, and continued, "But I do wish that I can see my mother...I wonder what she's like..."

"She's a cute and considerate Zorua..." Wade spoke, then stopped as tears welled up in his eyes again, "Let's talk about something else..."

Then there was silence for a few minutes, with the two Pokemon looking at the ground below, lost for words. But then, breaking the silence, Nocturne spoke.

"I want to go to Hoenn, dad." Nocturne informed his father, sitting legs-crossed before Wade, which was laying on the ground, his belly facing the sandy floor like a cat, "You know the humans that are trying to rebuild Canalave city? I've been eavesdropping on them...and I hear that things are getting rather tense between the two sides...If memory serves me right, the Human Republic and the Pokemon Entente are watching each other closely, and a while ago, the Humans launched an attack and-"

"There goes my world peace..." Wade murmured, shaking his head, then his son continued.

"And attacked a large Pokemon City. The Leader of the PE and the General of the HR wanted to talk about it, and the talk ended with good results," Nocturne replied, frowning, "But then the General of the Republic was assassinated yesterday. I don't know what's going to happen next, but someone's going to step up, and things between the two sides will be much, much worse. I want to go there and see what I can do-"

"I do NOT allow you to go there!" Wade interrupted, wailing, his eyes filled with anger, his growls echoing around the place, causing his son to flinch for a second. But the Zoroark wasn't planning to listen to his father, and he stood firmly, staring back.

"If you want world peace, dad, then you should let me go." Nocturne said calmly, repelling by staring into his father's eyes with twice the determination, "If you want me to be someone like you, someone who wants peace and harmony instead of fighting, then this is the best chance, dad."

Lost for words, Wade opened his mouth, but nothing, not even a squeak escaped from it. Getting onto his feet, the Umbreon walked into the cave behind them and into the darkness. At the end of the cave, there was a little rock statue. To be exact, it was a 1:1 ratio Zorua statue that looked exactly like Wade's mate - Lydia. Wade made it himself as he didn't want to forget about her. Standing before the statue, Wade was desperate for answers, answers popping out of his mind so he could at least make some simple decisions.

"Should I let him go, Lydia...?" Wade whispered, staring into 'her' eyes, his voice full of disorientation, "What should I do...?"

Knowing that there wasn't going to be an answer, Wade turned and trotted away, his eyes closed. His head hurt, and he wasn't sure if he wanted his son to leave him. "If he leaves me I'll be alone here..." Wade murmured and returned to the cliff he had been standing on. The sky was totally dark now, and the crescent moon was shining right on top of them as if it was looking at them from above. But the Umbreon didn't have the mood to feed on its power. Despite that, he wanted to rest. He wanted to stay out of things...for now. Laying at the edge of the cliff, he closed his eyes,the peace and quiet cleansing his mind. Then when everything was too quiet, Wade frowned. Where was his son?

"Sorry dad. I know you're not going to let me. And I know you'll be alone, but as you taught me...this is for the greater good." Nocturne spoke, looking at the cave which was a few hundred meters away now, practically a small blackish spot under the bright winter moon. He was at the pier, and a ship was there, taking him to Canalave, then to the Hoenn Region. He had no idea when he's going to return, and he had no idea AT ALL that his mother's in Hoenn as well, "I'll come back as soon as I can...but now...goodbye..." the Zoroark finished, walking onto the ship without looking back.

When Wade found out, it was too late. The ship was leaving, and his SON was leaving, leaving him alone in this dark gloomy cave. Walking to the statue again, Wade collapsed next to it, bursting into tears...

******************************************************************************************************
Herodes (Ceberus), Leader of the Pokemon Entente, one day ago
Sootopolis
Base Arena

"You're challenging me, Herodes? You've been in the Entente for like a couple of weeks and now you want to fight a veteran? " a Dragonite snickered, his wings spread wide as if he was showing off his power. Standing before him, twenty meters away was an ordinary Infernape, his fists glowing red with energy.

"You heard me, Draconix," Herodes said coldly, then repelled, "Winner gets to be the Leader of the Pokemon Entente, and the loser...will be banished, never to return again."

"Sounds exciting," Draconix replied, stretching around, doing simple warm-ups. They were both standing on a retangular green plane, located right in the middle of Sootopolis, with every other Pokemon there forced to move away for the duration of the fight. Neither of them wanted to hurt innocent people, "Is this little...arena good enough for you, Herodes?"

"Ah, of course it is - the headquarters' right next to us. After kicking you out of the Entente, I can dash into my new office in a matter of seconds. As you know, I have a...tight schedule." the Infernape replied with an intimidating attitude, cracking his knuckles as well as his neck joints.

"We'll see about that!" The Dragonite growled, lunging towards his competitor at high speed, his fist in the air. Slamming his fist downwards, his agile enemy was able to dodge it by dashing to a side, then with his monkey speed, Herodes leaped over his enemy, doing a somersault on top of Draconix's head, then when the Mewtwo's transformation had landed behind him, Herodes did a backwards low sweep, knocking the heavy opponent off balance.

"Not so confident now, eh dragon boy?" Herodes smirked as the Leader of the Entente got up to his feet rather clumsily, then when the Dragonite was facing him again, the Infernape jumped backwards, evading another surprise punch. Making pitiful 'tsk tsk's, Herodes unleashed a fury of punches with Close Combat, each punch as fast as light, and his pace wasn't stopping at all. With the final punch of the five second combo, the Dragonite was punched and pushed away by a powerful blast. The blast wasn't enough to knock him down, however, and Draconix was able to regain his balance after sliding a little.

"I'm not going down yet." Draconix's eyes narrowed, and with a uppercut motion with his right first, a howling hurricane was generated before him, twice as large as the caster himself. Moving his hands forward in pushing motion, the twister followed his direction, and was thrown right towards the simian Pokemon. Not expecting this attack, Herodes was lifted off the ground, but the Infernape came up with an idea. Although he was spinning around and around due to the tornado, the sun was sill up above him, and he was going to use it as a power source. Placing his hands above him, the sunlight's energy was absorbed into his body, charging him with solar power. Then placing the hands downwards in Kamehameha motion, the Infernape launched a powerful Solarbeam, the blast propelling himself upwards, struggling free from the howling gale.

Once free, the fire monkey surrounded his whole body with fire, then charged towards Draconix at high speed as if he was a meteor crashing to the earth. Stunned by the money's escape, the Dragonite couldn't escape the crash, so he wrapped himself with blue energy and launched himself at his enemy as well by flapping his wings, zooming into the sky. The flare blitz and the dragon rush collided, and a loud boom was heard even miles away, echoing around the whole city. The next thing people knew, Herodes had a safe landing onto the ground, and Draconix crashed into the field below, lifting up sand and dust while he collided. Brushing the dust of his body, Herodes approached the defeated Leader, a satisfied look in his eyes. Standing next to Draconix, Herodes noticed that his body was covered with bruises and wounds, and judging by his condition, he couldn't, and wouldn't be able to, move for a long period of time.

"Y-you win..." The Dragonite coughed weakly, then his eyes closed, drifting into unconsciousness.

Turning to a random pokemon beside him, Herodes spoke, "Heal this trash, then kick him out. Do not let him get into our Territory. From now on, you are following my rules and my rules only."

"Score one for the Evil Legendaries..." He told himself, and as he looked into the skies above, the Infernape's eyes were glowing crimson red, and he knew that things were going to be interesting...

*******************************************************************************************************
Herodes (Ceberus), Leader of the Pokemon Entente
Lilycove
Battle Tent

"Fortree city..." Herodes murmured, tapping his chin, his eyebrows turning his face into a frown, "Indeed, the tress and the fragile treeforts are giving the humans a large disadvantages. Rampardos squads at the front to knock the tress down, and a large amount of fire pokemon would turn the place into a living hell..."

Looking out of his battle tent, Pokemon were patrolling the area, ready to face any surprise attacks from the Republic. This was going to be the first battle in fifteen years, and this war was going to be much bigger than the previous one. The Sinnoh War was basically minuscule when compared to the incoming one...Herodes was sure of it. Just then, an oddly colored Zoroark entered the tent, and he was panting, his body leaning against a table so he could rest for a short duration. Tilting his head, the Infernape started at the stranger with confused eyes. When their eyes met, the Zoroark bowed in a gesture of respect and apology and spoke(rather embarrassingly though).

"I'm here to join the Pokemon Entente." He said.

"What's your name? And where are you from, Zoroark?" Herodes questioned, writing his documents without looking at the Pokemon once.

"Nocturne, and I was wondering..." Nocturne spoke, then hesitated to continue.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you can stop this war before things can get worse." Nocturne suggested, and before he could continue with his ideas, the Infernape bursted into laughter, slamming his hands onto the table he was writing on.

"This is a war, Nocturne. And both sides will never give up until they're needed to." Herodes replied coldly, "So if you want to join, you can, but you have to follow my instructions."

The Zoroark was forced to nod. He would have to think of plans later. As for the Infernape, it was certain that he wasn't going to giving up, after all, he was Ceberus, and he wanted destruction and chaos...

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cain Trace, General
Fortree City
Human Republic Base of Operations

The breeze that entered the building from the open window reminded Cain Trace every day that winter had some to Hoenn, and it was here to stay. Cain shut the window, and proceeded back towards the center of the war room. Inside were multiple other Human Republic advisers, pencil-pushers, and a few soldiers. A few people still walked in even as the meeting was going on. Among them was the second in command of the Human Republic, Colonel Vikar Leroux, a man he knew very little about, aside from the fact that he was capable, he was well-trained, and he could kick ass. Really, that's all he needed in a soldier. But is that all he needed in a leader? He hoped the Colonel was up to the task of leadership. He better be. If they were gonna have a war with the blasted beasts, he sure as hell wasn't gonna make it turn out the same way the last war did.

"At 0800 hours today, Pokemon were spotted from our border mobilizing in Lilycove City. We've got patrols set up all across Route 120 that will notify us once they're en route. In the meantime, we'll be building up our defenses for the invasion."

Cain looked down at a map in front of him. He smirked a bit. Really, the Pokemon couldn't have picked a better city to attack first. Fortree was covered with trees, providing a lot of cover, great for any of the soldiers, but especially good for snipers.

"We'll have Engineers set up their turrets across the city borders. Snipers and other long-range riflemen will be up in the trees, taking them down from back. By the time they get close enough to disable our turrets, we'll have our close range guys and mechs in front of the bastards."

General Cain paused an looked around the room. There were a lot of old faces, some soldiers who went way back. Others were fresh recruits, just joining in once the war had started. He look at their individual faces, trying to get a read on them, wondering how they'll turn out. He spoke again.

"If anyone else got something to chime in, feel free. But do me a favor. Don't speak up if you're gonna say something stupid." He said with a small grin. "Remember, we're low on time, when the Pokemon are on Route 120, we gotta be ready."

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Gilbert, Warrior
Lilycove
Battle tent

Gilbert was working on healing some wounds he had suffered, it wasn't anything too serious or anything he hadn't seen before, but it was enough to cuase him some amount of pain. He had been training hard the pat few days, the war had really just begun and already he found himself tired. He had been practicing using Aura Sphere alot. He wondered if Rumble was proud of him becuase of it, he knew Morgana was but Rumble as he had come to learn had trouble expressing his feelings, at least thats how Morgana had put it.

He wrapped his hand around his leaf pendant and thought of Mandel. The man who had hatched him. The one who had sacrificed himself to save him. If he focused hard enough he could remember what Mandel had looked like. He was a Leafeon with black leaves and a large scar across his face. He had been told that Mandel had not known anything about war or fighting, that he was just thrown into it. He respected him for that despite that fact he had still saved him. He was thankful for that reason.

Gilbert turned his head as he heard Herodes laughing. It seemed a new recruit had said something that amused him. Gilberts smirked.

"It takes a great leader to still be able to laugh in such depressing times." He murmured.

Gilbert decided to check out the new recruit and was surprised to see that it was an oddly coloured Zoroark. Gilbert couldn't shake the feeling that he had met this pokemon before. Little did he know however that they had met as small children in Sinnoh during the war. This was Nocturne son of Wade.

Gilbert couldn't say he liked Wade, from what he had been told Wade betrayed the PQ and blew up the Sinnoh region along with the help of a human traitor named June. He had worked with June to influence the humans leader Jack Spark to use the atomic bomb and they had killed the PQs leader Hector.

However since Gilbert didn't know that this Zoroark was in any way related to Wade he had nothing against him.

He wondered how this pokemon, Nocturne, could possibly want to stop the war, humans deserved no mercy and if it meant war to kill them so be it.

Either way he though he would do the polite thing and introduce himself.

He walked towards the Zoroark and produced his paw in greeting and hoped that his handshake would be accepted.

"Nice to meet you Nocturne, names Gilbert, welcome to the PE."

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Rumble & Thanatos
Unknown
What happened after the War

There's plenty of rumors about what happened to Rumble after the war. His story blatanly ends from the spot of the good bye between him and his friend Zorua; Rumble was living peacefully with Morgana for some while, until the scientists nature drew him away from his home so abruptly that he didn't even get to see the birth of his son. What exactly happened is unknown even maybe to Rumble himself. He just disappeared, abandoning Morgana behind.
Morgana herself hid in the shadows as well, keeping the birth of her infant son a secret, after naming him of the only name she could think of, that Rumble would approve (if he even cared): Thanatos, meaning "Death".

Rumble eventually returned to his family, only to leave again abruptly, seemingly afraid of Thanatos. Morgana however, ignored that fact and told her son that his father's absence is for the greater good. Along with the other stories of the previous war involving Rumble, Thanatos pictured him as the greatest general of them all and aspired to take place in the now whispering, incoming war in the Hoenn region.
Thanatos thought war was a game, just like his father did many years ago. He's just a wee child, a Duosion who had known only the theory of things; science, maths. But his father appeared in their garden one morning, and that all is bound to change. Rumble has aged, and seemed like he gotten even more old in his absence, Morgana reckoned. However, Rumble's final plan has been set in motion...

The lonely Duosion saw the gate of the mansion's garden opening by its own, a Reuniclus levitating inside with a calm mood written on his face. Rumble continued levitating through the trees as Thanatos bolted out of his steel room down in the hallway as fast as he could. The emotions that boomed into him were unexplainable; simply, it was the most important day of his life. He rushed down the metallic stairs, bypassing his mother who heard the bell and started walking towards the door.
The small Duosion reached the door and opened it with his small gel hand and with a big smile on his face; he hadn't seen his father in 7 years and he couldn't even remember what he looked like. But that's exactly what scared him; what he faced made him smirk.
Rumble was standing on the door, having a huge grin across his face, a grin which Thanatos hadn't seen before and made him think that behind it lies pure, dark will. He noticed the crystal teeth, the black scars on his cheeks and forehead, his flashy, tricky amber eyes. He also noticed the human weapons he was carrying.

"Father?"

Rumble broke eye contact with his son and stared behind Thanatos' shoulder. Then he whispered softly.

"You could open that door with telekinesis.. so why didn't you?"

Rumble's grin grew bigger as his son's smirk spread more across his face, revealing confusion. Really, why didn't I? But before he could even mutter a thing, Rumble looked on his right, at the garden, and spoke again with a scary, deep metallic voice.

"This is just about to be your first lesson. When we have power, we can freely abuse it."

Thanatos slowly nodded, admiring his father deeply. Because he thought what he just said is the slogan of each general and generally of his kind. Rumble faced his son again, but he seemed different than the second before; he somehow changed. Suddenly Thanatos recognized the face of what once supposeddly was a glorious leader in war.
Just then, Morgana dared to interrupt and Rumble's eyes flashed with anger towards her, Thanatos noticing that terrifying detail and then staring at his mother who was now standing behind him.

"Hi.. Rumble."

Rumble simply nodded without looking at her. He focused his attention on Thanatos.

"Come with me. You wanted to know what it takes to be a leader."

The Reuniclus turned around and levitated away from the two. Thanatos looked at his mother who slowly nodded, her eyes revealing doubt. Then, the Duosion followed his father out of the garden, unsure of what's to come.
The woods seemed peaceful like always, but not to Thanatos. Rumble's presence seemed to shake the whole area, and his voice was even worse. Suddenly, when Thanatos was looking away from their path, something hit him hard on his face pushing him back.
Thanatos blinked in shock to see his father's mechanical arm attaching itself back to its original place. Then he noticed Rumble wasn't smiling now. Thanatos started realising it's not a game, right after Rumble's voice boomed into his head.

"War is not a game. Your enemy won't warn you when they will strike. Always be ready, for even your allies may backstab you."

Thanatos rubbed the gel of his face, trying to find any injuries. His cheek was slightly ripped off. Then he wondered if his father had aimed the shot or if he tried to kill him. Rumble continued walking and started talking.

"War is a good thing. Remember, everyone is enemy, even your allies. Trust only your senses, and your logic. Nobody is going to help you, and if they do, it's for their profit. Showing emotions is weakness. We are intelligent beings who think logically more than any other species -with some exceptions."

They kept walking, and Thanatos nodded even if his father had his back turned to him. He had the suspicion that Rumble was watching him.

"Lesson #1, tell me."

Thanatos lost it for a moment and he feared Rumble's arm will extend any moment. But that question triggered a natural reaction he had aqcuired from Morgana: he answered the "question" mechanically and using his logic, after a second.

"Trust no one but yourself. We are the best."

Rumble turned around and smiled at his son, his crystal teeth reflecting the rays of the sun that went through the thick tree branches. He nodded and gave Thanatos a thumbs up with his gel finger. But when Thanatos smiled, Rumble's expression was gone and he turned around, continued to levitate.

"I will teach you the only way of massive, abrupt but beautiful assasination. That's what the first thing war is about; skills. The second is the mind of the tactician, but I'm sure she took care of that."

By she, he meant Morgana, but Thanatos was too focused to think about that. He suddenly wondered if his parents planned this all along; to give birth to a killing machine.
Rumble seemed to infiltrate his thoughts without even looking at him.

"I predicted the coming of the war. The inevitable always comes, but it still explodes like a nuclear bomb. That's why I asked her to teach you about humans. But, the knowledge she would give you is way too generic - so I had to think of another way - let's just say I'll "transfer" some of my own knowledge. Of course, it'll be subliminal for the first few months, you'll see."

They had reached a clearing, and Rumble turned and looked at Thanatos straight in his blue eyes. The eye contact seemed tiring to Thanatos - he was sure the Pokemon before him was dark and spoiled somehow, but his excitement about the lessons made him ignore that fact.
Like lightning, he saw it in Rumble's eyes; numbers, lots of numbers and the letters D, R and T among those. Thanatos stood in the clearing, softly levitating, facing his father. The psychic wave hit him like a tsunami and made him back off.
And the next moment, it's like he knew everything his father had been through, but at the same time he was so hopelessly stupid that he couldn't comprehend with any of the information that bursted into his mind.
Rumble, seeing it into his face, spoke with his deep voice.

"It happens, you'll get over it."

Snap out of it! Thanatos shook his head and faced Rumble, feeling doubt.

"Father.. Rumble.. I have a question."

Rumble raised his eyebrows, and he seemed angry and happy at the same time. He got closer to Thanatos.

"And what would that be?"

"I am a Duosion. When will I get to be.. like you?"

Rumble's smile got bigger, as he seemed to admire Thanatos spirit, a detail which calmed him down a bit. Rumble looked at the nearest tree.

"Break that. With your Thunder."

Thanatos looked at the tree and then back at his father who was still staring at the tree.

"I don't know how to use Thunder."

Rumble stared at him, seemingly with nothing to say. Thanatos understood and faced the tree again.
A huge lightning bolt was formed in his right eye and spread across the right side of his body. He glanced at it in surprise for half a second. Then, he pointed at the tree, sending out the electricity away. The tree was cut in two and fell on the ground hard, burning.
Rumble snapped his fingers, a glass of light appearing around the tree, slowly "melting" in front of their eyes to fall right into the fire.

"The fire, like all living beings, can't survive without oxygen."

This time it was Thanatos that explained. Rumble nodded and smiled, then spoke, still looking at the tree.

"But the hidden fire of your soul can't be put out. Try it."

Thanatos wondered what move he could use to control the fire of his soul. Then, from his studies on Pokemon, it struck him; hidden power. He discovered that something he could use to bring the fire out, and thus, fire emerged from his left eye and took place in his left arm. He then threw it on the tree next to the fallen one. The tree started burning.

"Enough."

Thanatos stopped the fire, somehow, which disappeared in an instant.

The lessons went on for days. Rumble taught him some basic things about humans, and he said Thanatos knew the others. Then, Rumble fought againist his own son. That training was harsh, Thanatos admitted. He was always getting beaten up and his father would always laugh when he fell down. But to tell the truth, Rumble didn't enjoy it much. Although he didn't mind hurting any being walking on this planet, Rumble felt something special for his son, even if he never showed it. He laughed at him, only to bring out the hatred. The same hatred which he pointed towardss the humans. After many days and many beatings, the Duosion evolved into a Reuniclus, and its incredibly intelligent but pure and soft brain was spoiled.
Morgana couldn't recognize her own son when Rumble finished with him.

(Woo, it's started!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Aki Kato; Private
Fortree City
Aki had been in Fortree for some time now. He hadn't been doing a whole lot; kind of being briefed, shown the different areas (including sleeping quarters, base of operations, ammunition and medic tents) and just told to make best of his time until something happened. Fan-freaking-tastic. As if there wasn't enough to do (this was sarcasm, obviously). Aki had already taken the liberty of grabbing the equipment he needed for an emergency and just keeping it on his general personnel. You never know what would happen with these people. A generic shrub may shudder and the generals here would scream and order some kind of "FIRE AT WILL!" command. Aki wasn't that kind of person. Spontaneous attacks were not his thing. He preferred the more well thought out approach. Something that would draw out the interest and motivation to the longest.

"The General's giving some kind of briefing at the base of operations. C'mon," a fellow private said to another who just so happened to be wandering past Aki. Well, at least it gave Aki something to do other than drawing in the dirt with a canister. He got up, dusted himself off and followed the privates, indeed leading him to the 'Base of Operations'. Just in time too; as soon as Aki had planted his butt on a chair, the General started some speech. Sorry, General Trace. Might as well correct himself now rather than talking to the guy.

So, the speech was a little dull. Aki, being Aki, phased out a little, paying more attention to the light globes on the map rather than General Trace himself. Man, these briefs. They all said the same thing anyway. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, kill some guys, blah, blah, blah, plan of attack. Being a sniper, Aki always had the same job; watch everyone's backs. He was good at what he did, despite how crap his attention span was. Though, Aki had never killed before, only stunned and tranquilized in training. It was the same thing though, wasn't it?

His ears perked up as he heard the word of his specialty; sniper. So, they were camping out in the trees? Oh, fun. Well, sure, it was cover, but it was boring. In the back of a moving truck? That was fun. Heck, training was fantastic the way that went, putting soldiers in different situations. But whatever, this was the real deal now.

When the General asked for questions, Aki put his hand up and stood when he was gestured at.

"Private Aki Kato, sir," he almost sighed out. What a boring way to introduce himself. His friends called him Neko, Koneko or Katta but no one here was real enough to be his friend. Not yet, anyways. "What about fire? Fire-types, sir? I'm gonna be in the tree, so I kind of don't want to be in it when it starts to crumble around me. Sir."

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Mark Vargas
Sinnoh
Sunyshore
2 days ago

Mark Vargas was lying on the ground of the bunker he was stashed in, freezing, but thawed out of the ice he had been trapped in. Groaning, he got up slowly an glanced around. The big blast door was sealed and the controls were in the nearby security room. Slowly he took the steps to the door. He felt stiffer then the concrete walls that surrounded him as he reached for the door handle. Mark tried pulling it down to no avail, "Yup, It's locked. That sucks." He said to himself. Taking a couple steps back he charged the door. He hit into it with his right shoulder and the door flew open. Mark stumbled forward and bumped into the table. It was noticeably warmer, and, the best part, the controls AND a gun were in there. The rifle made him remember to check for his own weapons. He reached for a slung Barrett M107 that Should of been on his back, nothing. His armor was damaged to f*ck to, it couldn't protect him from a rock. Vargas grabbed the Combat Rifle and a few clips then pushed the button. It was a big red button too. The blast doors slid open, then the vault door. He couldn't see out at the angle he was at. Reading his rifle he walked out, grabbing a silencer and LAM on the way. The paint on the wall said "Sub Level 9." 'When did I even get here' he thought as he headed for the elevator he had sighted. The elevator made a 'Ding' then dropped to the bottom floor. Mark peered over the corner, there was a ladder. He hopped on and climbed up. As he climbed he though about what had happened, he didn't even know what day it was. 'O.k, I remember getting frozen in front of... in front of... convoy, there were soldiers there, soldiers could of moved me, but why under ground, in a bunker. Unless...' he didn't want to believe they set off the nuke. The last few rungs were coming up! Mark pulled himself up. The basement he was in was heavily damaged, he looked for stairs as he still needed to go up. In the corner was a sign that said stairs, the light in it was flickering on and off rapidly. He headed in that direction and up the stairs. It was a wasteland on the surface, his face was whipped with dust and sand. In front of him a building gave way and collapsed into the streets. It was a lot warmer then the bunker though. He walked out of the building's skeleton and into the ruble and sand covered streets. Gunshots of those trying to survive could be head in the distance. "Freeze!" Someone yelled at him. Mark spun around and looked into the mask of a high tech squad of soldiers. "Drop the gun!" he did as told. The soldier behind him walked over. "Just waste the bas*ard, not like anyone will miss a scavenger." he said. "I'm not a scavenger, jackass, I'm a soldier." Mark said as he counted how many of the mercs he could see. He jumped forward and pulled the leaders MP-7 right out of his hands and blew his head off with a burst of machine fire, then pulled the grenade launchers trigger and blew the other three up. He threw down the gun and grabbed the man's armor. Looked like some futuristic Interceptor armor, maybe mark four or five. He grabbed the helmet of another and changed it his the radio frequency he remembered, then grabbed up his rifle and ran as reinforcements for the mercs arrived. The streets were extremely hard to navigate, but he managed to get to the beach. There was a small fort of the merc's there, low troop count, he easily mopped them out, then hopped on the turret. The bullets it shot out, well he wasn't even sure they were bullets. closest to the 'bullet' it was white hot, out side the white, it was blue hot. The shots mowed down the troops, Mark hopped off the turret when they were all dead and found a good radio. He contacted his old Osprey. He stocked up on as many supplies as he could and cleared a landing zone on the beach and put as many of the ammo the mercs weapons shot as he could nearby. He also grabbed an unused Interceptor Mark full body armor, it had a blue and black camo on it.

Mark Vargas
Fortree City

The Osprey had dropped him off yesterday and he still hadn't found anyone he knew. He walked over to where the NEW general was giving a speech and listened in for a while, though he cared more about finding someone he knew to tell him what he had missed in the 15 year period. The best part about this was he barley aged. He left the speech when it was over and looked around for Jack or Althalos or Silence or someone to fill him in.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
2 weeks earlier

Boston Mikkelson
Petalburg City
Port Briney

Boston Mikkelson walked quietly along the boardwalk that extended towards the Ocean. It was sunny outside, but Boston felt a disturbance in the seas. Boston rested on the railing and looked out into the sea. Boston felt a foreshadowing that something bad was going to happen, but he didn't know why. Boston walked back towards the ship port, which had a fresh seafood restaurant attached with the building. Boston walked inside the restaurant, and took a seat. Once he sat down though, his phone rang. Boston answered it and said,

" Hello, who is this?"

" Hello Mikkelson, this is Josh Cahill. Get over to Meteor Falls ASAP," the voice from the phone emitted. Boston sighed, and hung his phone up.

The next day

Boston Mikkelson
Meteor Falls
Cahill's Office

" So, Mikkelson, how's retirement," Josh asked.

" I'm sensing you want me out of it," Boston retorted.

" Ah, you catch on quick," Josh replied.

" I want you to be a Lieutenant in the HR Army," Cahill added.

Boston nodded in approval and exited the room.

Present day

Lieutenant Mikkelson
Fortree City

Mikkelson skillfully maneuvered the five-man Rhino crew towards the base in Fortree. Fortree was a good town, and Mikkelson liked it very much. It was just a coincedence that it was a great town to defend. Mikkelson looked beside him to his fellow soldier, Sergeant Davis. Mikkelson had known Davis for a long time,and the two of them formed a good friendship. Mikkelson and Davis had met in the Orange Islands, Mikkelson being a fresh-faced Corporal and Davis being a teenage resistance member. Those were the days, Mikkelson thought, recalling the Orange Island conflict. Mikkelson stopped the vehicle outside the Base, and ordered his crew to follow him. Mikkelson controlled a larger group, but his crew was hand-picked by Mikkelson himself. Mikkelson and his small crew walked inside the building and headed over to the board room. General Cain Trace was giving a speech about the upcoming conflict. Mikkelson and his entourage sat down in the room, and Mikkelson listened to the General's speech, although his plans were the most obvious choice of action. Hide in trees, set up defense, blah blah blah, that was all Mikkelson really interpreted from Cain's speech. Mikkelson wasn't sure what to think of General Trace, other than he seemed to be a good soldier. He would certainly have to step up, Mikkelson thought, to prevent another S***kicking like in Sinnoh. The General finished the speech, and asked for questions. Some fresh-faced kid stood up and asked about the fire types and if they would burn down the trees. Mikkelson sighed when he heard the question, although the kid did have a point. Still though, Mikkelson stood up and retorted,

" You shoot them before they get close."

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Alec Languba
Pokemon Entente Chief
Lilycove City
To war, again

-----

I had fled after the last war in Sinnoh. I had fled to escape the nuclear burst, like many other Pokemon had. Luckily, both me and Ivy made it back to Unova. We even reunited with our brother. It was still a little sad they I had made almost no impact in the last war. I figured that no one would remember me, except for maybe Rumble who seemed to not forget anybody that messed with his plans, even slightly.

I had thought that joining this war would be as pointless for me as the last had been, until I was appointed Chief. How odd that I would become Chief in a war. It just didn't seem possible, but it apparently was. I wasn't exactly sure how to handle my new 'power,' but I guess I was a little better at it than I had anticipated. I hadn't anticiapted anything good, though, so maybe I still wasn't the greatest chief that ever lived.

Maybe I would be able to change that.

I glanced over at Herodes tent, before I spoke to my sister, Ivy. "Y'know, he's only been leader for a day and he already makes me feel as off as... Rumble made me feel. Maybe even more."

"Well there's a scary thought." Ivy said without glancing in my direction, "But I mean, Rumble wasn't all that bad. A bit too extreme in his attempts at punishing mankind, but at least he wasn't that extreme to the Pokemon."

"Yes, it might not bother me so much if I wasn't so ironically true to my name." Yes, Alec, the name I'd had for my entire life. It meant "Protector of mankind" and I sometimes found it a little hard to not be anything like that in the first war. It could be very... unfortunate for me to be so easy on the humans as a Chief for the Pokemon Entente, especially with Herodes as the leader. The monkey just creeped me out.

Ivy sighed, "Oh well. Perhaps there's a reason for you to be so kindhearted towards humans. It was always something I admired about you; I never understood how you could keep those feelings towards the humans."

"I don't really understand it either..." I mumbled. It didn't seem like Ivy heard me, though.

"What are you two doing just sitting around?" I turned to see my brother, Tyson, slithering up behind us. "You should be preparing for the attack on Fortree." Tyson, being two evolutionary stages higher than me, was about ten times my size.

"Sadly, I don't have too much to prepare. I make a much smaller target than you, so I don't require armor all over me. And besides armor, there's really nothing to prepare." The whole Tyson being ten times larger than me kind of worried me. I mean, humans would obviously aim for a huge Serperior before they'd aim for a tiny Snivy like me. Well, that would be mistake number one. There had to be reasons that I was a chief, and if they ended up injuring Tyson... I wouldn't hesitate to injure them back, or worse.

"Hmph," I guess there were some things in the world that would make me want to kill a human. Though, it wouldn't make me want to kill all humans. I guess that was what separated me from other Pokemon. Some Pokemon didn't understand that all humans were different, just like us Pokemon. Same went for humans, I guess.

"Well, there's still a while until tommorow," Ivy said, "So I guess that means...," She glanced at both me and Tyson, expecting us to finish her sentence for her. I guess she had good expectations.

"Training time." Tyson and I said in unison as sinister smiles crossed our faces.

"Let's see if you beat me for once." I taunted Tyson. All three of us headed for the usual spot on Lilycove's beach to train. Although, Tyson and I kind of left Ivy behind as we raced towards the beach.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Lilah, Lydia
Evergrande City
Past Scene

---------------------

"You've become so foolish, Lilah. This isn't what I expected from you. Not at all," the Zoroark growled out at her daughter, appearing to avoid a sharp snap, as her sharp eyes were furious enough. The ruby-red glare was terrifying, something that would normally leave most children cowering. I was tougher than that. My mother did not understand my need to grow, to extend my life to the outside world. All these years, she had been trying to keep me protected from a reality I didn't know. Trying to keep me safe. I knew it, too, but these arguments had only become more and more common. I had been alone all my life. No friends, no contact, besides for the few minutes I could spend with bypassing pokemon. There had to be something more amazing…more real than this.

Just yesterday I had received news about the humans from a wandering Swellow. Men had been attacking our people on distant Hoenn. My mother had told me various stories about them, the humans, claiming there were both good and bad ones. Pathetic. They were attacking us again. Was Sinnoh not the end? Not enough? From all of those tales about them, I had long came to a conclusion that these alien creatures were pure evil. My anger was only amplified by this news. My mother could sense it. And here we were…

"I don't care, mother. I never have! I want to do something with my life! I want to see the outside world, despite how dangerous you've said it is! I want to… see my father. I want to…so badly…" I was yelling out at first, but a flush of emotion ran over me that was broken out by the child that I was holding in. A whimper soon came with tears, and before I knew it I was bawling out. I lost eye contact with my mother, who I couldn't notice had suddenly began feeling guilty. I was lonely…alone…I always had been. My childhood held no memories. No excitement. My desires never filled… I was being driven to insanity, not that I knew what it was like to actually be insane in the first place. I didn't even know my family, that my mother told me I had.

A large finger- rather claw barely touched beneath my tiny chin, moving slowly upward as to drag my sorrow-filled face back into the evil eyes my Zoroark mother held. Instead, they looked…unusual. Depressed? I had never seen my mother gloomy before. Anger was the only thing I had ever sensed. The color in her eyes began to fade with mine.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly, "I'm a…terrible mother. Wade would have treated you better." Wade? My… dad? I wiped the tears off of my cheeks, trying to comfort my mother as she was also breaking down. It tore me apart to see my mother crying. I didn't think adults did that. I watched her stand upward, as she had fallen on her knees to get closer. Her eyes were restoring. Something had just clicked in that odd mind of hers... and she kept talking after a deep pause, "…You can go."

My entire face sparked at that sentence. I was too overjoyed to think about anything. Just... too happy.

"I-I-I can, ma? Thank you thank you thank you!" I cried out in joy, my Eevee-like eyes sparkling as I gave my mother a hug on the leg. She was looking down at me with a serious expression, expecting me to get off immediately. I did respectively, my huge head looking upward like an eager Poochyena waiting for treats. The Zoroark rolled her eyes at me, but I didn't care. I never did.

"We'll leave tomorrow. Just… if you change your mind…-"

"No way! I'm ready for this, I swear!" I said aloud, cutting my mother off. My mother growled with frustration before turning to the mountain ahead of us. She would often go into our den when she was upset.

---------------------
Lydia
, Lilah
Sootopolis City
PE Base

The dark pokemon allowed her daughter to leap off from her back as her illusion disappeared. She had used one of the only few forms she could remember clear enough, which meant she had used Ace's form; a Pidgeot. The Zoroark scratched out her memory of that to focus on the present. Those thoughts weren't any better. What was she doing? She had just allowed her daughter to go to war. Everything that happened to her would be smashed down on the little child. She was only 15. It reminded Lydia of herself to see the big, beautifully red eyes on her daughter. And to see her falling into the trap, just as she had so many years ago. "No, no this can't be. This is terrible. Why did I do this? Why did I say yes? I tried to make life perfect for her… I shouldn't have told her about the humans…"

She held her head with her claws, being careful not to cut herself. The headache was growing. She couldn't think clearly. "About Althalos, about Jack, about Mandel, Rumble, her father, her brother-"

"Uhh, mom, what now?" said Lilah ahead. She had probably already seen enough of the place and was concerned for her mother. The Zoroark had dazed off for too long. Releasing her grip, she laid her arms back in a normal position. "Just ahead is the Poke' Rebel- I mean, Pokemon Entente Base. I'm coming with you." Her last sentence made her daughter frown immediately. Lydia held her sudden anger inside, trying to make sure nothing was displayed to avoid another argument. The eevee running ahead, she walked behind, her eyes locked on the child although her other senses picked up the background. It was unsettling to be in the new area, and to be starting the cycle over just as it had begun…

A sense of vulnerability caused her to instantly change into an Espeon. Maybe the thought of being a different species than her child caused it. Her alien eyes still focused, she saw Lilah peek backwards before sprinting to the tents. "What? Are you trying to make everything difficult?" she snapped out to herself, picking up her pace to the base at which her daughter was running for.

-------------

Her daughter was not too far from the entrance. The Eevee was having trouble taking in the sight of so many pokemon, and the structure of the large tent itself. She appeared hypnotized by it, and Lydia couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Slipping over to her daughter, she sat next to the pokemon with a worried smile. "They're all unaware of the true danger. Just like you," she coldly shot through telepathy, not positive if she was right or wrong with her statement. Lilah was making a mistake. The eevee looked at her angrily. "Go home," her daughter ordered aloud, the Espeon's ears folding back.

"I don't give a d*mn if I have to babysit you. I didn't wish to leave in the first place. You're the one who wanted to foolishly join a war, and to ensure your safety as a loving mother, I'm joining to make sure you live through it." She got up without another word, heading to what appeared to be the leader of the establishment. It was a bulky, tough-looking Infernape, working on some rather large papers. She approached him, making sure Lilah was at her side.

"Hello, sir. We would like to join the Pokemon Entente; both me and my child. Our names are Lydia and Lilah Amada."

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
15 Years Ago...

Jack Spark
Somewhere on the way to Hoenn

Jack stared at the screen of the laptop. He could feel his grip on the laptop grow tighter as the timer ticked down. Only 10 seconds left now....

He couldn't watch. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, then quickly opened them, expecting it to be over. Still 8 seconds left. It felt as if time had slowed down to a crawl... everything moved in slow motion.

5 Seconds left now, Jack braced himself for the explosion. He felt guilt, deep down, about everything.

The whole screen filled with white, and the video feed lost transmission. He was already very far away from Sinnoh, on his way to Hoenn, so he couldn't see anything outside the window. He felt the guilt build up inside him, until he finally broke down, unable to hide his emotions. He gripped his face with his hands.

"Oh god.... what have I done?" He whispered to himself.

"Hey, Jack..." He heard a voice. Jack wiped his tears, and looked up. He saw Skyla, his pilot, standing in front of him.

"I... I know what happened... but you shouldn't blame yourself..." He said, softly. Jack looked at her, confused.

"I'm responsible for thousands of deaths, of both Pokemon and Humans, and not to mention the destruction of whole land." He said.

"War changes people, Jack. If you hadn't stopped the war now, the people killed in this war would eventually have died anyways. The people who escaped because of your message... will always cherish their lives. You saved the future generations of people, and have left them a message. Never to fight wars again..." Skyla said.

That made Jack feel a bit better, but he still couldn't help blaming himself. Was it necessary to blow up the entire land? Couldn't there have been a much more... peaceful way to end the war? Maybe if he had tried to negotiate...

Jack tried to push the thoughts out of his head. He laid back, and soon fell asleep. He would be in Hoenn in some time... he needed to start a new life. A life... without all the violence and bloodshed. With more kindness...

3 Days Ago

Jack Spark
Lavaridge Town
Apartment

"F***.... how can that be?!" Jack yelled.

He was staring at the television, where they were showing a report of an emergency that had just happened.

The words the reporter had just spoken still echoed in Jack's mind. "Josh Cahill was just found dead..."

Jack dropped himself onto the sofa in his small room. But whatever he did, he could never have prepared himself for what he was about to hear next.

"The HR blames the Pokemon for the murder, and have threatened to start a war..."

"No... NO!" Jack yelled. Wasn't the first war enough? The whole land had been destroyed the last time, he wouldn't imagine what was going to happen this time around.

Suddenly, he felt his phone beep in his pocket. He took it out, and saw 1 unread email. Somehow, he knew what it would be about, but he still checked it...

The subject read-

Job as HR's Commander

Jack deleted the email, and got into bed.

"Oh boy... here we go again..."

2 Days Ago

Jack Spark
Lavaridge Town
Pokemart

"And that'll be 20 Dollars, sir." Jack handed the old man in front of him his medicines. While doing so, his jacket revealed a bit of his metallic arm, and the man caught glimpse of it.

"I thought you looked familiar, and the hand confirms it all..." The man said. "You're Jack Spark, aren't you? The Commander of the HR from the Sinnoh War? Shouldn't you be helping them fight instead of maintaining this crap place?" The man spoke. Jack avoided his gaze, and the man quietly handed him the cash.

"Thank you... please come again..." Jack quietly spoke through gritted teeth. This man was the third person to comment about it that day. The man grunted, and walked out of the mart.

Jack sighed. He sat down on a small chair, and stared at his phone. He did remember the old days, when every day had been about surviving, and beating the crap outta Pokemon. Things were much different now, he was much more kinder now. Maybe... he could join the HR? Maybe he could meet up with... his friends from the old days? Maybe. He patted the Pokemon Egg underneath the counter. It was still a bit warm.

He had decided. He picked up the egg, and locked up the mart. He headed back to his home, and immediately started to pack his things. He typed up an email addressed to the HR, with the title "Applying for HR Sergeant" and got ready to leave. He was ready. The HR was waiting. Jack was back.

Present Day

Jack Spark
Fortree City
HR Base

Jack had arrived in the city the day before. He was scanned, and the regular DNA checkups were done. He was accepted as the Sergeant, and was finally allowed into the Base to meet... he didn't know who.

He walked in, and asked a person standing nearby, "Who's the General again?"

The man gave him a funny look, and mumbled, "Cain Trace..." He then saw his BioArm, and his face lit up. "Hey, you're Jack, aren't you? I'm honored to be standing in front of you, sir!" He saluted, and Jack just walked away.

"The hell... I'm famous?" He thought. He walked up to the Generals Office, and saw the General himself... the successor of Josh. The Leader of the HR. Jack walked up to him, started to speak.

"Hey there, Cain. Congrats on becoming the new General. I'm Jack. Jack Spark." Jack shook his hand, and then backed away a bit.

"So, I heard the Pokemon are attacking Fortree? I'll need to enhance my arm again... Mind telling me where I can do that?" He asked the new General.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
[FONT=&quot]Nick Fizen
different places

(the following (until the ------) happened a few days ago)
Nick walked up to a Zoroark, the fifth one he had found in the area. "Are you Lydia?" he gave an exasperated sigh. He had seen and asked five Zoroark and an unknown amount of Zorua, he hoped his searching would pay off. The sound of her name instantly made her ears twitch, the Zoroark slowly looking behind her shoulder to see a Tylosion glaring at her with tired eyes. Facing him, she had a tricky smile on her face, both friendly but sarcastic at the same time.
"I don't know, am I?" she chuckled out, just before giving off a more soft expression, "That's me. What do you need?"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"No, I'm friends with Althalos Fizen. He said he knew and was friends with a Zorua named Lydia. He asked me to retrieve a small glass ball with a flame inside of it from you. Do you know what I'm talking about?" Nick asked her. He was glad to have finally found this Lydia. He could see why Althalos had made friends with her already. She seemed nice enough. "I'm Blitz's son, Nick."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Her eyes slightly widened when he mentioned Althalos. The thought of her human friend only made her realize her eagerness to see him again and apologize for what she had did all those years ago. She tried focusing back to the pokemon in front of her. A flame ball...? The thought eluded her mind, only striking back to her after a few seconds of reflection. She also happened to remember everything else.
"Blitz's son, huh? Althalos told me that story quite a few years ago, but I guess we should leave that out of the main picture. I think I still have that...flame..." she spoke aloud, grasping at her mane and pulling out the small, warm sphere. It seemed untouched by time, still as vibrant as ever. The Zoroark placed it in the pokemon's paw, "All yours..." she mumbled out, looking down before returning her glance back to the pokemon. "Well, Nick, I guess that's all you really needed then, huh?" she chuckled out, her tone rapidly turning slightly more serious, "I trust you' re a pokemon with good quality. Take care of Althalos for me, please..."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Thank you very much," Nick looked at the ball curiously. "Althalos also wanted me to ask how you were doing; he's pretty busy with a family now. He's got a kid and a wife, all sorts of crazy things going on. Plus, he lives right on the border, which is kind of rough, but he wants to defy the violence." Nick looked back at Lydia, "He told me about that promise he made you. He has kept it this whole time, and that's why I'm alive right now. There has never once been a time he has hurt something intentionally." When Lydia spoke again, he smiled at her, "Thanks, I'll make sure nothing happens to him."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A family and everything; still keeping that promise... "The border, huh? Sounds lovely. Always hated that stupid thing the moment everyone was split in the first place. But I'm glad he's doing fine...as so am I," Lydia couldn't help but daze off for a moment before continuing back into conversation. "I have a daughter...named Lilah. She's the reason I'm still here, or at least that's what I like to believe. Anyways, I'm glad he's still the same person I knew back from Sinnoh. Always loved that part of him," she spoke heartfully. "See you later, Nick." The Zoroark turned around, waving to him without looking back. She disappeared before the Typhlosion had a chance to say goodbye. "Hope to see you again," Nick called as Lydia left. The first thing he would do is go and report to Althalos. He was sure the man would like to know how Lydia was doing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- - - - - - - - - -[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nick finally made it back to the Fizen household after a few days of walking. It was a large cabin, made by Althalos and Nick when they had first gotten to Hoenn. Nick walked into the home and was greeted by Sarah, Althalos' daughter. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Daddy, Nick is home again!" the seven year old called out as Nick picked her up in a big bear hug. Althalos walked out from the kitchen, wiping his hands on a towel. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Hey, buddy! What brings you here so soon after the last visit?" Althalos asked, hugging the typhlosion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Well, after my last visit, I went out searching for Lydia, and I found her," Nick smiled.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Oh, really?! How is she?" Althalos asked excitedly, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"She's perfectly fine. She has a daughter too but didn't really say much else. She wanted me to make sure nothing happens to you guys, but you know I'd be doing that anyways. Also, I got that little ball with the fire in it that you wanted me to get from Lydia," Nick put Sarah down and pulled the glass ball out of a bag he'd found on the way back to the cabin. He set the bag on the couch and handed the ball to Althalos, who examined it. The flame hadn't shrunk and the glass was still perfect. The man grabbed a thin leather strap from the mantel on the fireplace and laced it through a small loop on the top of the sphere. He tied it around Nick's neck and then backed up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Try not to lose it okay? It was the last one that merchant was selling, and he's dead for all I know." Althalos told Nick. "I just made a few sandwiches, you want one? Anna will be home soon too if you want to wait."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"No thanks, I've gotta get going. I'm a chief in the Entente now, no more exploring or frequent visits anymore," Nick said sadly. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Nick, when are you going to come back? I didn't even get to play with you this time," Sarah whined. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I don't know. Next time I get the chance, I'll try to come and we'll play hide-n-seek, deal?" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Okay. Bye Nick!" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Nick, do want this bag and a sandwich to go?" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Naw, you can keep the bag, and I'm afraid that the sandwich will indigestible, just like your home made noodles," Nick laughed and Althalos put on a fake hurt look.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"They weren't that bad!"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Yes they were," Nick opened the door and waved one last goodbye, "Tell Anna I said hello!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](Should I have Nick go to Sootopolis in my next post?)[/FONT]

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cain Trace, General
Fortree City

Cain looked around the room of humans. Many he didn't know, but in time, he was sure he would. A young soldier stood up now and spoke.

"Private Aki Kato, sir." He said. Cain looked over to him and motioned for him to speak, which he did. "What about fire? Fire-types, sir? I'm gonna be in the tree, so I kind of don't want to be in it when it starts to crumble around me. Sir."

Before he could respond, he heard another voice respond. It was Lieutenant Mikkelson, a veteran soldier, and from Cain could tell, a bit of a no-bullsh*t guy. Yep, he's gonna go far here.

Cain was about to respond to the private, when, wouldn't you know it, another person stepped up, but this guy didn't ask for permission to speak, nor got it. But he knew him well.

"Hey there, Cain. Congrats on becoming the new General. I'm Jack. Jack Spark."

Cain looked at him, slightly irritated, and exchanged a look with Colonel Vikar.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to, Sergeant? I'm not your buddy, or your pal, it's General to you, and you will use that title or an honorific with it, or I will plant my foot up your ass!" Cain said, eying Jack Spark. He knew who he was, he heard a lot about him. "Yea, I've heard of you. Previous Commander of the Human Republic on Sinnoh. By the way, great job you did there." He said, sarcastically. "If you think you'll get special treatment from me because what you did there, you're sorely mistaken. Your a goddamn travesty in my eyes."

He turned away from him, and spoke now to the Private who asked the first question.

"Now to answer your question Private...Kato, was it? Look around you...this whole damn region is covered in snow. Fire's not gonna be a problem. Just get some camo, blend in, and you'll be fine. They use fire, cover yourself in some snow."

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Colonel Vikar Leroux
Vikar's Apartment
8 Days ago
5 Hours after his promotion to Colonel

Vikar stand in his apartment with his service dress jacket drapped over the back of his chair as he stared at the blank TV. In his right hand he held a bottle of whiskey as he stared off in space, while he waited for his secure phone line to patch into the Manei Domini headquarters. A minute later Brent Andrews' voice came over the quiet speaker phone, "You said you had something to report Four?" Vikar frowned when he heard the number instead of his name… Brent called everyone but him and Five by their names and Five didn't seem to have a name. He hated how at times he felt like an outsider, but Brent had told him it was just part of being the newest member. Vikar was tired of it hadn't he proven himself by now?

Leaning up Vikar said in a matter of fact voice, "Yes… I've been promoted to Colonel. I'm now in second in command of the Human Republic."

There was a pause and then Brent's voice came back this time it had a hint of pleasure with this change of events, "Excellent, keep up the good work. Continue to do your best as a Human Republic leader Vikar, and wait for any future orders. You're our influence on the military. For now I have no further orders for you Vikar, but hopefully we can start exploiting your new influence soon to further our goals."

Hearing his name Vikar straightened up and said back with a little pride in his voice, "Yes sir… I will be standing by for more orders. Hopefully with the coming war our goals will be realized sooner." The phone then went silent as Brent hung up. Vikar didn't know what all the goals of the Manei Domini were at this point, but it didn't matter to him. He took a drink of the whisky and felt the harsh burn wash down the back of his throat. His internal organs were almost all machines since the attack and he couldn't feel the effects of alcohol no matter how much he drank, but for some reason he enjoyed the burn of hard alcohol going down the back of his throat.

Standing up the bottom of his mechanical right forearm shifted down and a hidden blade slowly and silently extended to its full length. Looking at the metal blade with a wicked smile Vikar looked over the blade as several thoughts ran through his head. He then retracted the blade and took another drink.

Colonel Vikar Leroux
Fortree City
Current Time

The Colonel glanced up at the General when he started speaking. He then went back to working on his current tasking of overseeing the evacuation of the last Fortree civilians, and helping to prepare for the Pokemon attack. While the defense was important it was only one step in a long war. The key was staying a step ahead of your enemy, and Vikar had been trying to think up a plan for humanity to seize the advantage early.

When the General asked for others feedback one private brought up the point about fire pokemon and trees. Vikar shook his head at the private's comment and wondered if some of these soldiers were incapable of thinking for themselves. 'Have an escape plan… or be a good sniper and don't get spotted,' thought Vikar as he mentally moved forces in his head on the map in front of him.

Just then a random human walked up to General Trace the man looked like he thought himself to be important shaking the General's hand and bothering him with trivial matters. Vikar believed in the chain of command and good order and discipline. He knew the General was also busy trying to make sure he didn't lead humanity to a crushing defeat like the leader in Sinnoh had done. His job was NOT to worry about where some Sergeant could go for enhancement operation. Worse yet there was a system for applying for free enhancement technology set up by Vikar for this very purpose, and he had a NCO and several contractors from Nivok here in the city set up for interested soldiers. Instead of asking around through the proper channels or asking his direct superior, this sergeant had skipped all the channels to talk to the man in charge of the entire military. Worse yet it was right before the first major operation for the new general. Vikar wanted to demote the man on the spot to make an example of him, but that was the general's decision to do for this violation of the chain of command and this display of disrespect toward the general.

Vikar walked up to Jack and grabbed the sergeant by the shoulder and pulled him aside and said in a harsh whisper that he gave to troops who had screwed up or stepped out of line, "Learn your chain of command and go through the correct channels for acquisition requests. To answer your question… Forget about getting any type of enhancements after the stunt you just pulled. I want to see you in my office once I'm done. I don't care if you have to wait hours for me I want you there when I arrive or else."

Vikar turned his back on Jack and addressed General Cain once he had finished talking to the private and no one was trying to address the general. Vikar addressed his commanding officer in a business like voice that showed respect, "General Trace, I have a plan I would like to discuss with you in private once you have the time. Also I have the unit reports you wanted, and sadly we have several that are unsatisfactory."

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Mark Vargas
Fortree city
HR Base corridor

Mark was walking when he had the idea to get some kind of mission. He headed for the general's office on the top floor. First he should probably make sure he can still shoot straight though, he headed to the range instead. He walked over to the man in charge. "Got anything that shoots 50 BMG ?" Mark asked. The man pulled out an AS50 and handed it to him. "Don't run off with it, please!" he said before unlocking the range doors. Mark walked into the room and to the target that was the farthest back. He took aim through the scope and applied force to the trigger. The rifle rang out a loud *Bang* as the bullet exited the chamber then the barrel. The wooden target's head exploded into tiny shards of wood. Mark took aim at the torso and fired another shot, destroying the middle area and splitting the target in two. He went to next target and aimed at the heart. Another dead target. He was satisfied with that. Now, he headed to the generals room after returning the rifle. Now, he just needed to own a sniper again. He opened the general's door after knocking. He found Jack in there walked over and tapped him in the shoulder and gave a smile. "I see you didn't die in the blast then. What happened to your job, didn't like military level pay." He said jokingly before saluting the general and the former commander.

Last edited:

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Nocturne; Warrior
Lilycove
Battle Tent

"This is a war, Nocturne. And both sides will never give up until they're needed to." Herodes replied, staring into the Zoroark's eyes, "So if you want to join, you can, but you have to follow my instructions."

Nocturne didn't know how to reply. More importantly he had no idea how to win an argument with a Leader of the Pokemon Entente. Knowing that nothing he said would fall on deaf ears, the Zoroark didn't bother replying for now. He nodded in agreement and spoke softly, trying not to anger the Infernape, "Yes sir."

Just then, an eevee and her mother, an espeon, entered the tent from the entrance, and Nocturne stepped aside, letting them enter. When observing the Espeon, Nocturne couldn't help but wonder. He was sure that he hadn't seen her before...or had he? She looked so familiar...but so stranger-like at the same time. Looking into their eyes, Nocturne was surprised to see that the mother-and-daughter duo had beautiful red eyes as well, with basically no difference when compared with his own ones. She was obvious in disguise, and she was obviously a Zoroark. As all Zoroark uses the same way of transforming, Nocturne knew that she was one as well.

"Hello, sir. We would like to join the Pokemon Entente; both me and my child. Our names are Lydia and Lilah Amada." the mother spoke, and Nocturne gasped softly, and he couldn't believe what the Espeon had just said. This couldn't be a coincidence could it? Wade told him that his mother's name was Lydia, and how many Lydias the Zoroarks are there in the world?!

"L-Lydia...?" Nocturne mumbled softly, standing at a side, but he was sure that both of them could hear him clearly as they were standing so close to him. His voice was full of suspicion though as he wasn't perfectly sure. Nocturne watched as the Infernape Leader scanned the two newcomers from top to bottom, then after a while, he spoke.

"Bringing your own child to war, eh...?" Herodes tilted his head, then nodded, "But alas there is no proper age limit. Welcome to the Pokemon Entente." It was obvious that he was speaking half-heartedly but Nocturne stayed silent. He didn't really care about the commander. He was looking at the Espeon mother, Lydia, which was actually a Zoroark like him. Then, for a second there, they exchanged glances, but then the Leader spoke again, pointing to a little Cranidos which had just entered the tent.

"Hey you there, call the Chiefs. I want them in the tent as soon as possible. We better get ready." Herodes commanded and the little soldier nodded, dashing out of the tent. "Better not send everyone to attack this time...we have to figure out what they have, and what they can do."

(Chiefs, write about receiving a command from the little Cranidos and enter the tent)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Alec Languba
Lilycove City
Calling all Chiefs

-----

I was sent flying through the air by Tyson's Aerial Ace, but I managed to do a flip, recover, and land. I ran at him and leaped into the air with Iron Tail. Tyson summoned a forest of huge vines with Frenzy Plant, which slammed into me and sent me flying once more, but this time it was directly upwards. I spun around and continued Iron Tail, and I continued spinning, effectively turning my tail into an iron blade. When came back down into range of the Frenzy Plant, I sliced through the huge vines with ease. I continued to fall until my tail made contact with Tyson, defeating him.

"And I win again." I said as I took a deep breath, recovering.

"How you do it, I have no idea. Especially since the only move you can use well against me is Iron Tail, since your other four attack moves are Grass-type." Tyson raised his body from the ground as he spoke. It took him a minute, I had hit him pretty hard, but he managed.

"Yeah, I think I should try to learn Aerial Ace, or Slam, or maybe Twister." I said as I watched something moving in the distance. Whatever it was, it was heading this way. After a moment, I saw that it was a Cranidos.

"Chief Alec, Herodes requests that all of the Chiefs meet him in his tent." Oh, great. Herodes.

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." The Cranidos nodded and left, probably to go inform the other Chiefs. "Well, I gotta go." I glanced at Ivy and Tyson, they both nodded, and I headed over to Herodes tent.

Once I arrived at the tent, I slowed my pace down to a walk and entered. Inside there was a Zoroark, one that I believed to be Lydia. I recognized her from when she was a Zorua; the eyes were unmistakable. Although, there were two Zoroark, both with those eyes. One seemed to be off to the side, and the other was with an Eevee, talking to Herodes. She had to be Lydia, there was no mistaking her. "You called?" I said as I looked back at Herodes.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Dartanian Quickslash
Island off the coast of Hoenn
15 years ago: 2 months after Silence's death

A cracking noise broke through the silence of the night. A girl laying curled in a sleeping bag sat up with a start. A flashlight flickered on to reveal a teenage girl, about 16 years of age, with long black hair and vivid green eyes. Lilac Brown flashed the light around her tent, searching for the source of the sound. Her gaze fell upon a bag in which something appeared to be moving. It fell over and out rolled a Pokemon egg, the one her friend Silence Quickslash the Weavile had entrusted to her. The egg wobbled back and forth as cracks began to form all over its surface. Finally, something red forced its way through to the outside of the sphere. A sharp cry echoed through the tent as the rest of creature broke out of the confines of what had been its home for the past two months. A Ralts, its features illuminated by the flashlight, let lose a loud whine as it searched for its mother. Lilac set down the flashlight and gently cradled the child in her arms. The child calmed and stared up at her with large, crimson red eyes as it sensed its first emotions from his 'mother'. The feelings he received through his feelers were mixed; they were mostly joyful ones, though there was an underlying sadness. Something wet splashed down on his face and the girl wiped her eyes to prevent more tears from falling. There was a small smile on her face as she spoke softly to the child, "It's fine, little one. Auntie Lilac is going to take care of you," she paused as if considering something than said, "Dartanian. It's a brave sounding name. I think your mother would approve." She stroked the blue 'hair' of the Ralts, its fringes tinted gold and her smile grew as he reached up to her.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dartanian Quickslash
Close to Lilycove City
Present Day

"You're sure you want to do this?" Lilac questioned for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm not just going to sit back while everyone else does the fighting," the Gallade replied calmly, doing his best to hide the annoyance in his voice. Seeing the look on the woman's voice he added, "I've got to get out to see the world one day, and I'd prefer to do it before I've lived out my youth."

Lilac bit her lip, a sad look on her face. "Just... be careful. I don't want the promise I made to Silence broken just because you foolishly got yourself killed."

Dartanian embraced the human reassuringly. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I promise." He broke the embrace a few moments later and began walking away from the grove of trees where Lilac remained hidden with the motor boat. She had been able to get him to the beach close to Lilycove but now he was on his own. With another war between Pokemon and humans, she couldn't afford to be seen so she would be on her way back to their little island cabin.

He heard the engine roar to life and looked back in time to see Lilac disappearing into the distance over the vastness of ocean. Dartanian looked away and set his mind on his goal; Lilycove City.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dartanian Quickslash
Lilycove City
Present Day

He started by marching purposefully into the Pokemon encampment, but it wasn't long before Dartanian felt completely lost. He shifted nervously away from any large groups as he went by and stared at anything unfamiliar, which was pretty much everything. Shaking his head, he reminded himself of the reason he was here and searched for the leader's tent.

Noticing a tent that to him seemed more imposing than the rest and sensing some interesting emotions coming from it. He stopped outside to calm himself, though it was rather hard with all there was to take in after being so secluded all his life. Once he had regained some of his confidence, he entered. There were some other Pokemon there but the one that seemed to be in charge was a powerful looking Infernape. At this moment Dartanian realizes he has no idea what to say or do. Lilac wouldn't have known - humans functioned differently than Pokemon - and he had no one else to ask.

"I'm here to join the Pokemon Entente?" he said as confidently as he could though he couldn't help but sound questioning.

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
Years
Hiding in the bushes at Lilycove, a Shaymin, under the guise of a Gracidea bush, watched the battle tent, and had been there since they started zoning for the structure. He'd been watching, waiting for when he would have to alert the League of Legends to step in. It was his job, as a natural expert in camoflage. If he saw something suspicious from either side, he'd have to rush to the League of Legends Headquarters to alert the others.

Currently, they were enlisting their roster for the war. The Shaymin, Methuselah Eventide, was hearing a few rumblings of doubt about the latest change in Leadership.

"Herodes... ... harsh" "Infernape... ...too distant" "...uncaring" "Where's Draconix?" "...banished"

That had happened a few days ago. It was strange to see the common folk of the Pokemon still talking about it. It made Methuselah uneasy. "Oh, look! A pretty flower!" a Pichu said, skipping over before its parent, a Raichu, scooped it up. That was close. Methuselah curled up, but let his head stick out so he'd still be able to watch.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Oh crap! I got ninja'd!!

Scott
Lilycove
Battle Tent

It was cold, I was thinking about joining the PE. I wasn't good at making decisions for my self. I began to think of what Jonathan would want me to do. "He wouldn't want me to attack his kind?" I said to my self. If I did I would have to much guilt. I was about to hop up and walk in to the base but I thought I would look like an idiot. I took of my glasses and de-fogged them. I put them back on and fixed my hat. I sighed to my self and stood up. I rested my foot on the wall and started to think if I should join or not. I watched another pokemon walk into the building. I began to think about Jonathan. I started to get angry, I felt like punching a wall. I picked up a rock and threw it at a wall in front of me. I had no way to let out my anger except punching holes in random walls and throwing stuff. I wasn't proud of my self, but hey what am I going to do? Smoke a cigarette? No, I quite that a few months ago. I can't start back now, my lungs are destroyed enough. I glanced back at the base's doors and looked back at the ground. I've never had to make such a big decision before, I just wished Jonathan was here. Then I wouldn't even be in this problem. I then realized I needed to start making decision for my self. Jonathan was gone, he's been gone for years. "Forget him Scott forget him!" I thought to my self. I wanted to scream how angry I was at the man who killed Jonathan. I felt a cold rush over me, I looked up. I knew what I had to do, no more hiding in the shadows of others. I looked at the base doors and walked over. I had a gut wrenching feeling, as I walked to the door. I opened it and walked in. I took of my glasses and held them in my hand. I felt like a new person. I spoke out loud and said "Is there any one that can get me signed up for the PE?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Aki Kato; Private
Fortree City
"You shoot them before they get close."

Aki looked over at the owner of the voice and scowled a little. Lieutenant Mikkelson, if Aki's memory was correct (which it usually was). He had memorised all of his superior's names and faces. If there was one thing you had to learn in the army, it was respect. Living with a traditional Japanese family, Aki knew all about respect and honor. It was drilled into his head at an early age; do good for your family, respect your parents, honor your name. Fighting for your country was apparently a huge honor, so his father had told him. Yuki, his brother, had made his family proud so Aki should too. Whatever.

Though, what bugged him most about the Lieutenant's response was not the answer, but the fact he answered. Last time he checked, he asked General Trace, not this guy. But, in any case, he gave Mikkelson a nod of thanks, despite his reluctance. Of course, he didn't show the true height of his scowl; that was pretty much an invitation for a thorough butt kicking. And, as Aki noticed, the next guy to talk to General Trace received it. He gave a small smile. Thank god it was this Jack guy. Oh, a bionic arm? This guy must be that guy in that other brochure or whatever. Commander Jack Spark? Sergeant Jack Spark? Something like that. Addressing everybody as "Sir" was the easiest way to show respect.

Finally, the conversation moved back to Aki.

"Now to answer your question Private...Kato, was it?" Aki gave a nod. "Look around you...this whole damn region is covered in snow. Fire's not gonna be a problem. Just get some camo, blend in, and you'll be fine. They use fire, cover yourself in some snow."

Aki nodded again and sat down as his question was somewhat answered. Snow did not mean no fire. Snow simply meant that the fire would melt and there would be a lot of cold and wet trees that were harder to burn. But seriously, snow. These guys picked the worst time to have a war. If there was one thing Aki hated more than boring conversations, it was the cold. Ugh. Harden up, his supervisors would say. Harden up? Screw that.

Aki perked his ears up as some guy (oh, wait, that was the Colonel. Colonel Leroux. Better not screw that name up) asked to speak to General Trace in private. In private? That usually meant something was going down, though not secret enough to let everybody know that they were going to have a conversation. Aki wasn't sure whether to take an interest in what this 'private' conversation was going to entail or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back