• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the hardest ROM hack that you ever played?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Must be a hack of Leafgreen, FireRed, Sapphire, Emerald, and Ruby. The hardest rom I played was either Pokemon FireRed Omega(because of the strong Pokemon, I had to work extra hard on my team) or Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends(because of the LV 99. Shadow Lugia. o.o Really creepy). Share me your opinions. Must be a hack that you played and that you must think on what is the hardest rom you played.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
in RD-RoL, you could have just ran away from the level 99 dark lugia 0.o

and the hardest hack which I am STILL trying to beat is RD - Life of Guardians. The final battle when you faced 3 separate pokemon in the 80's were easy, cuz I used perish song. HOWEVER, I am getting ripped from the master 17

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I was stuck on that hack, I was trying to find the 6th gym leader(Rayner, for Electric), I searched through Youtube guides on it, they found him at the power plant, I went there so many times, and that I never found it. I quit playing the rom, but the rom was EXTREME.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
To me it would have to be rijon Adventures I literally spent two full days grinding for the elite four. That or Pokemon Pikachu edition is pretty hard.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Out of Pokemon hacks, I suppose I have to say Reign of Legends, as it is the only one I remember playing that was done and far enough to get hard without getting bored.

I'm disappointed that you limited it to Pokemon, as Mario hacks I could have listed for ages!

MsAllyJacqui

I'm different.
Years
I haven't played too many hacks, but I've always found snakewood rather difficult. The storyline is straightforward, but I always find that my pokemon suck and become 10 levels below what they should be.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I think I should mention Blue Kaizo Just because of it being made just to be hard

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
Probably light platinum is the hardest rom hack that I have played. It was one of my first rom hack and I guess it was WAY to advance for me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Either Snakewood or RD: LoG. In Snakewood some of the bosses were just insanely hard with my team, and RD: LoG has a lot of hard battles near the end of the game.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
RoL was actually pretty hard, considering the gym leaders and legendaries were pretty tough... and not to mention annoying...

VempireblacK

VempireblacK=NightkymZ
Years
Hm...The harderst one is Light Platinum bçause too many rivals/elite4 but the thoughnest one is Raptor Final/Silver Chronicles

xephos

xephos Inc.
Years
Probably light platinum is the hardest rom hack that I have played. It was one of my first rom hack and I guess it was WAY to advance for me.

Same for me, and I found floral sky to be kinda hard too, but I don't know if that was just me

geox123

"Can go all night" Philosopher
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
The hardest hack I've played is the one I'm working on :D, but I'm following some conventions that haven't been used yet. I also haven't played too many hacks. I remember Brown being tough at the beginning though.

Back