• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing/Modifying a Pokemon

Years
Alright, so I am once again attempting something I am failing at.
I have tried this numerous ways, and I just cannot seem to get anything defined besides the Pokemon Species and Level. Now here is the exact event which I have been attempting to use, and the part which is failing.

Script:pbAddPokemonSilent(
: :PBSpecies::EEVEE,5) This Works
Script:poke.setGender(2) Trying to make it a female.
Script:poke.makenotshiny Trying to make sure it cannot be shiny
Script:poke.name="Insert name" Trying to name her.
Script:poke.setNature(PBNatures::QUIRKY) Trying to assign a quickry nature.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried running these as one simultaneous event also, and it does not seem to function. I have also tried running the functions under these lines.

Script:pbAddPOkemonSilent(
:PBSpecies:EEVEE,5,
PBGender:Male,
PBName:"Fakemon",
PBNatures:Derp,
poke.MakeNotShiny)

I searched on Poke Essentials, and I searched these forums for this solution, If it is posted I obviously did not define my issue correctly. Either way, if someone could just let me know if this is a simple error, or something complex..And possibly help me fix this, that would be amazing. get back to me at your soonest convenience.

Years
in a script you'd do
poke=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,10,$Trainer)
poke.setGender(2)
pbAddPokemon(poke)

Its explained on this page
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Manipulating_Pokémon

I had actually seen the post, I just did not quite understand how to introduce that script. Thank you very much.

However, it still does not allow me to set a Nature, is this something that is not easily define? Or is it i now done using Numerals instead of the actual name? Just did a quick search and it bore no results. If you do not know off the top of your head I'll do a comprehensive search.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Code:
poke=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(PBSpecies::EEVEE,5,$Trainer)
poke.setGender(1)
poke.makeNotShiny
poke.name="Leeloo"
poke.setNature(PBNatures::QUIRKY)
pbAddPokemonSilent(poke)
That's exactly what you would need. Note that "makeNotShiny" is in camelCase, and the female gender is the number 1 (0 is male). You can still use the nature's name as shown.

Now, all of this must be in the same single "Script" event command for it to work. That's because the variable "poke" will be erased at the end of each "Script" event command, even if there's another immediately after it (and you don't want it to be erased until you've used it).

Remember that pbAddPokemonSilent won't show any messages, so you'll need to include some to say Eevee has been obtained.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Remember that pbAddPokemonSilent won't show any messages, so you'll need to include some to say Eevee has been obtained.
Or use pbAddPokemon instead.

Years
Code:
poke=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(PBSpecies::EEVEE,5,$Trainer)
poke.setGender(1)
poke.makeNotShiny
poke.name="Leeloo"
poke.setNature(PBNatures::QUIRKY)
pbAddPokemonSilent(poke)
That's exactly what you would need. Note that "makeNotShiny" is in camelCase, and the female gender is the number 1 (0 is male). You can still use the nature's name as shown.

Now, all of this must be in the same single "Script" event command for it to work. That's because the variable "poke" will be erased at the end of each "Script" event command, even if there's another immediately after it (and you don't want it to be erased until you've used it).

This all worked Beautifully, not sure if I was typing something wrong, or if defining Eevee without a gender(on Accident), THEN setting a nature was messing it up; but it works now.

Either way, it functions now; so I am excited. Thank you for the feedback guys. This issue is resolved.

Back