• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Im gonna need mine checked just in case my friends checked it and said its all right but ik its a bit big so better make sure XD

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Im gonna need mine checked just in case my friends checked it and said its all right but ik its a bit big so better make sure XD

Your signature is 254 pixels too wide. The limit is 600 pixels width. And you're not supposed to remove Signature Disables until your signature is fixed, which it is not.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Your signature is 254 pixels too wide. The limit is 600 pixels width. And you're not supposed to remove Signature Disables until your signature is fixed, which it is not.

Ummm i didnt remove anything though :( and thank u i will fix it
Edit i fixed is does it look alright?

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
I made some adjustments to my signature and now have it the way I've always wanted it. I trust that it's within the rules? The main image is randomized on page load, but I tried to keep each rotating image under 300kb in size.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I made some adjustments to my signature and now have it the way I've always wanted it. I trust that it's within the rules? The main image is randomized on page load, but I tried to keep each rotating image under 300kb in size.

Yup, the signature seems to be within limits; it's looking good!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Before I edited my signature to be less tall than it was, it actually had a scroll box next to it, despite my CSS code and everything in total only taking 222px in height. But I did edit it to be less tall, which fixed the problem, just so I couldn't take any risks. And I'm kind of curious, is this some kind of bug or something? I thought signatures are only meant to show a scroll box next to it if the height is above 350px. This one seems like it's restricted to 204px, rather than 350px.

Here, let me show you a screenshot of the issue and feel free to check the screenshot with an image editing program, even though I've already double checked it and saw it was at 222px:
Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Have you added overflow:hidden; somewhere around the CSS coding? It does help when a scrollbar appears even if your signature is under the limit.

However yours seem to be fine in my end. I'm using Chromatic 2, so this is more style related.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I've noticed an issue with my signature recently. While it is well within the size limits, it was disabled earlier (supposedly for being above 350px in height, when it was only 281px...) I contacted Christos, and he said it was probably because a scrollbar was showing up despite the fact that it is within size limits. I don't get a scrollbar when I view it (except when I'm on my phone) so I can't really see what the issue is. I'm guessing it is somehow related to the CSS in my sig, and I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. In the meantime, I've reduced the height to only 240px in an effort to make it more noticeable that it is within the size limits.

Here is a link to the actual CSS code of the signature, since I'm sure that will be helpful.

http://pastebin.com/ja05z5sn

EDIT: I think I fixed it, by adding "overflow:hidden" into the code while setting up the background. I don't seem to be noticing a scrollbar on my phone anymore, and still not seeing one on my PC. Hopefully this issue is resolved.

Yup, there's no scrollbar now.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Speaking of scrollbars, can someone look at my signature and help me find why there's a scrollbar continuously appearing in my signature? I've tried messing around with it but to no luck have been able to find the problem.

HTML:
[center][div="width: 500px; height: 260px; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/fCeEn0R.jpg'); color: black; position: relative;"][div="padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-size: 10px; font-variant: normal; text-align: center; color: black; background-color: #003366 ;"][span="color:white;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000;font-size:12px;font-family:Arvo;"][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?u=130337"][COLOR="White"][FONT="Arvo"]Daily Bloggity[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL] - [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=321316"][COLOR="White"][FONT="Arvo"]RT/AH Club[/FONT][/COLOR][/url] - [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=328233"][COLOR="White"][FONT="Arvo"]Game Grumps Club[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL] - [url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333906][COLOR="White"][FONT="Arvo"]Minecraft Server[/FONT][/COLOR][/url] [/span][/div]

[div="padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; padding-bottom: 7px; font-size: 10px; font-variant: normal; text-align: center; color: black; background-color: #003366; overflow: hidden"][span="color:white;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000;font-size:12px;font-family:Arvo;"]Gamerscore: 66,658 - [title=Castle Crashers (Xbox 360)][color="white"][font="arvo"]Current Video Game Playing/Theme[/color][/font][/title][/span][/div][/div][/center]

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
so I can't even edit it now, I have to have that ugly warning on my page, for how long?

edit: can I just make you aware that theres a built in thing that tells you how many images you can have and won't let you exceed it, maybe that should be changed to stop people going over.

I hope mine is fine now

Years
edit: can I just make you aware that theres a built in thing that tells you how many images you can have and won't let you exceed it, maybe that should be changed to stop people going over.
You can have as many images as you want, but they just cannot exceed 350px in height nor 600px in width.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
well the forum says you can have a certain amount and when you get to the limit it actually stops you posting any more. I just made sure I was within that limit.

I don't know what thats about. I guess thats forum mechanics and not rules.

Back