• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stand-Up Comedy

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Stand up in general is awesome. I love the early mass appeal stuff like Carilin, Dangerfield, and Steve Martin, but I love so much more the like of CK. Louis, Seinfield, Chris Rock, Hedberg and so on. I hate stuff like Mencia, Ansari, Cook and what not. God I'm in the mood for some Carilin right now. Forgot the amazing Bill Hicks as well!

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm really, really picky when it comes to stand-up comedy, as there aren't that many stand-ups that can make my laugh out loud in the way that a sitcom or other piece of narrative comedy can do. Off the top of my head, stand-ups that I do like include Dylan Moran, Joan Rivers, Chris Rock and Russell Simmons. Though my favourite is undoubtedly Louis CK, who I'm actually going to be seeing next month! Which is kinda exciting, as I've never really been to a comedy show before. Hopefully it'll be good, but seeing as I love his stand-up and his eponymous TV show, I have a hard time believing it won't be amazing! :D

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
After watching some Maher, I have to say the guy is pretty cool. Riffs hard on Republicans, and is a blatant Atheist? Sure, but you gotta give him credit at being that and funny at the same time.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I can easily name quite a few great stand up comics.
Jeff Dunham, Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Henry Cho, Hudson and Landry, etc.
I watch stand up comedy every now and then, but generally it's not my first choice of programs.

I don't think I would like to personally, despite what people always say i'm not a very funny person.

Years
Lewis Black & Robin Williams have to be my favorites. Also, anybody from Who's Line is it Anyway?, aka the best show of all time ever made. Louis CK is hilarious also, very jealous Mr. Cat Dog!

Back