• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
Zel, I still have two save states (one right before catching gyrados, and one after where everything is shiny) stored to my flash drive. would it help if I sent you those?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
hey, i'm stuck in to place where you get HM05 which contains Flash.

the guy don't give me that HM... he just says "I hope you learn and grow from your journey" what can i do? :S

After I released the bugfix and the X version I got informed of that problem and re-released it again. So, download it again, as it has that problem fixed.

Question, do you have any plans on changing the Ho-Oh picture in the title screen, cause I can get you the first original Sugomori art picture of Ho-oh so you can make it into a sprite (*or get a good spriter to do it.)

Yes, there are plans to change that Ho-oh already, Neos will take care of improving the title screen a bit more.

Zel, I played the Beta4 and got to Kanto, and I do know the B4 has some bugs, but I would like to report one.
Is the Copycat girl suppose to be Gender confused? Or is it just part of the Beta so we can't go further.
Because each time I talked to her, she turned into Crystal o_0;;

I fixed that on the bugfix released yesterday.

Has SGX been bug fixed yet?

With the release from yesterday both versions should be the same (which means both should have the bugs fixed)

my game freezes when i talk to claire in the dragon's den. is there any way to fix that

Claire should not be standing on the Den. She should have been disappeared if you enter the Den normally, as there is a Script Event you need to step on in order to make her disappear. Then, she will reappear when you take the item inside the Den.

Hey Zel. I played your game... and I must say, GREAT job! The custom scripts are very nice and they are very smooth. You must be one good scripter. One question, how would you be able to make the '!' box come up first, then the character moves? Because at the beginning the mother gets the '!' box over her head, then before it disappears, she starts walking towards the player. I'm just wondering if it could be done. Anyways, great game Zel and I hope it becomes even better!

It's just that it's two applymovement commands instead of one. In the first, you make the "!" pop up, and give a pause command of enough time. After that another applymovement command which gives the movement you want, and then another pause command.

Does anyone think that the next beta will come out before summer ends?

Well, I don't think so.

About the Shiny thing, it's something that may happen, but most likely due to one weird thing you could have done. As in the script I did all correctly (wait a second... Could it be that you lost against the shiny Gyarados??? That may be the cause, as I think the asm command would not be called again, and the flag would not have been disabled, I'm guessing...)
Anyway, now you all know that Mastermind_X was the guy behind the "shiny thing", thanks MX! :D

Yes, now I can confirm it. If you are defeated by the Red Gyarados and get telported to the last PC, from now on, every other Pokemon you'll find will be shiny. This is caused because the asm command needed to set the "shiny flag" is not turned off (it turns off when you defeat, catch or run away from the Gyarados)
So, the next time you battle the Gyarados, it will work the other way, it will be Blue, and if you are defeated, all Pokemon will return to normal, and if you defeat it, all Pokemon will be shiny again XD
And, if you save and load probably the "shiny flag" would be off again

Hope that explains everything. It's a bug I hope is not taken advantage from. Please, yes? I'll think of something to fix it, but I'm tired of releasing fixed versions, so it'll be fixed for the next Beta.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
This is the best hack of all time. i love the new tileset and cant wait for the new events. i hope you get this hack finished.

Good luck zel

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
Hey Zel, fantastic work so far. Im just wondering, when you first start off when you enter the 2nd town, the old man who gives you the town map looks like he descends from the sky, is this ment to be like that?

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2008
i catched celebi right after i won the champion league.
at that momment i was heading to olivine via azalea, and i met kurt and he gave the GS ball....
then i was headed to the forest and catch the celebi...

shouldnt i catch celebi after i got back from kanto (after the aggron event)?

i cannot proceed my gam to the power plant because of that?

where should i go?

edited: btw.. i've looking the walkthrough for the unfinished beta version (until the powerplant i think..) can anyone tell me where i can find it?

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
An idea about the red Gyarados thing: can you set a flag if you are defeated by it? Because you could made a battle start after you go out of the PC (ex: a trainer wants to show you his shiny poke) and after the battle you take out the shiny flag (and the you-lost-to-the-gyarados flag for if someone loses again... maybe some of those people who try to beat the game with just a poke XD)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2007
If I flash SG onto a card to play on my GBA, can I trade pokemon from SG to my legit leafgreen via link cable?

Oscuridad

Raikou owns!
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2009
It's a Beta 4 Glitch, I reloaded a Save State a Goldenrod from beta 3 and when I went to battle the Rockets in Mahogany after cacthing Red Gyarados all the Pokemon became shiny.

It's not a great as you think it would be It's kinda annoying now having every Pokemon I battle be Shiny.

It seems the glitch got fixed right after I saved and reset.

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
I don't think so. The game is a ROM, and won't be able to recognize the Link Cable, no interal battery and crap. That's why the DS can't support multiplayer GBA. It's an emulator .-.

If you use the flashcard on a GBA instead of a DS, you may be able to trade. I traded my Ho-oh from ShinyGold to my LeafGreen, but maybe it depends on the card.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2007
hey, why can't I open the TM Case?
I want to use flash:(

ok, I don't need help anymore, I know now
tnx anyway

see ya

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 3, 2008
You can trade between a LG/FR game if SG is on a flashcard, but you cant trade over non-kanto dex pokemon (your starter, ho-oh, etc) until you have the national dex in either FR or LG. The other downside is you can't trade between R/S/E because you can't get the Ruby or Sapphire items in SG (to enable the trade between the other games). You also cant trade with Colloseum or XD (unless you have the one type of flashcard that can mimic this function (I don't know which one this is, or if it actually does exist. I was told this years ago). You also can't use Box to store/move Pokemon between games.

For those complaining about not wanting to start a new game and have to train up Pokemon again, just start a new game, trade with your completed FR/LG by fighting the Elite 4 a few times, train up on FR/LG, trade back to SG, and you have high level Pokemon that will obey you from the start, making it easier to speed through the game.

Years
I finally found out why my game wouldn't save. There was a problem with my VBA 1.8.0. So I deleted everything(emulator, game, sav file etc...) then I put it back on again and now ot works fine. BTW Zel, what do you mean by The battles against Silver will work like how they are working now. With that little "presentation", this is just because this allows me to use a different battle BGM (and in the end, this BGM will be changed for its classic battle BGM)?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
I found a broken ladder in the Whirl Islands: when I walk on top of it, nothing happens, so I effectively get stuck in the area.

nrox653

What should I put here...
Years
I don't think so. The game is a ROM, and won't be able to recognize the Link Cable, no interal battery and crap. That's why the DS can't support multiplayer GBA. It's an emulator .-.

Actually, that's totally wrong. First of all, ALL video games are ROMs stored inside a special flash cart or whatever. Some 3rd-party flash cards may not recognize the link cable, but others can. What does the internal battery have to do with this anyway? It's not like FireRed has an internal battery. Oh, and if you disassemble the DS and add a device to it, theoretically GBA multiplayer can be done. It's not an emulator inside the DS, it's a separate CPU already installed -_-' So yeah, some flash cards may be able to link up to other GBAs.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2007
I am having a hard tim figuring out how to save on this game. I am new to this so i don;t get it. Whenever I try to ssave it says please exchange your backup memory. I believe that I have everything in the right settings (flash 128 k), but it still won't work.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back