• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
As most have mentioned Eeveelutions are needed in this game, (Ghost type please!!) but I was also thinking maybe a 4 stage evolution process would be neat, and can we just give Scyther another evolution that doesn't look like a retarded Version of Spongebobs' Mr Crab?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe we can get a Dragon eeveelution and second evolutions for that one and the other pre existing eeveelutions where they gain a secondary type (from the physical side)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I started typing out a list of the pokemon I wanted to see evolve, but it became too big.

Really I would like to see pokemon like Seviper, Mawile, Chatot, Dunsparce evolving just to give them more attention. Also I'd like to see Weezing evolve because I used him in White 2 and although I love him he was the weak link.

Years
I hope Chimecho can get a final form, it still seems a little over shadowed by other Pokemon.

You've clearly never seen my Chimecho. ;)
But yes, I'd like to see an evolution for Pokemon that don't evolve, like Dunsparce and Torkoal. A Fire/Steel Torkoal evolution would be really cool.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Eeveelutions would be nice. It seems like they introduce some every "even" number generation.

ex: 2>4>6
so who knows?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Eeveelutions would be nice. It seems like they introduce some every "even" number generation.

ex: 2>4>6
so who knows?

They introduced three eevee evolutions in Gen I.

Guy

just a guy
Years

But yes, I'd like to see an evolution for Pokemon that don't evolve, like Dunsparce and Torkoal. A Fire/Steel Torkoal evolution would be really cool.
Fire/Steel Torkoal? I'm all for it.

They introduced three eevee evolutions in Gen I.
Bar Gen I, every new Eeveelution that has come out has occurred during the even numbered generation. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a permanent pattern, but it's an interesting one. Perhaps mere coincidence. Due to all the Eevee promotion that has been happening, however, I think there's a slight chance we may actually see a new Eeveelution.

I, for one, would love to see a Flying-type Eeveelution. Shaymin's Sky Form gave me hope that a Flying Eevee could turn out pretty cool.

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years

just sayin, a fire/steel type would be EXTREMELY weak against ground types :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
just sayin, a fire/steel type would be EXTREMELY weak against ground types :/

Well that's not really an issue, some Pokemon do have 4x weaknesses and that's okay, however it would remove its SR weakness, so that's definitely a good thing! Also Heatran has that typing and it's in OU even. However ya, Torkoal evolution would be quite fun. :3

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Fire/Steel Torkoal? I'm all for it.

Bar Gen I, every new Eeveelution that has come out has occurred during the even numbered generation. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a permanent pattern, but it's an interesting one. Perhaps mere coincidence. Due to all the Eevee promotion that has been happening, however, I think there's a slight chance we may actually see a new Eeveelution.

I, for one, would love to see a Flying-type Eeveelution. Shaymin's Sky Form gave me hope that a Flying Eevee could turn out pretty cool.

I myself would like to see a Fighting and a Steel eeveelutions in Gen 6.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope if Torcoal evolves into a Fire/Steel it'll have solid rock as an abilty or a steel version of it to reduce that x 4 weakness.

Also Camerupt should get a evolution. It can have even bigger volcanos with exploding magma...maybe evolve it by having it hold Magmarizer plus knowing Erupt and leveling up in a certain mountain.

Victini

I don't want to parrot but I already know it's been stated.
I just hope my evidence to the idea hasn't been already.

Personally I believe at least one new Eeveelution is going to arise. It's been evidenced by the anime to me.

Virgil owns every Eeveelution, including an unevolved Eevee. If you think about it, it sort of leaves an opening for a new evolution. Virgil might return in Gen 6 with his Eevee evolved, similar to how May and Sakura came back with 'new' (at the time) evolutions of their Eevee ; into Glaceon and Espeon respectively. It seems to be a pattern for the anime.

The Eevee arc and strange amount of attention on Eevee and it's evolutions seems rather... suspicious. ;3 We'll see, I guess!

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
An evolution for Tentacruel and Castform would be cool.
Also, Kangaskhan is in need of a prevo.

Castform sounds like an interesting idea.

Well its probably gonna stay the gimmick weather pokemon...but imagine what it could evolve into.
Lets say it kept a forme and type after evolution akin to Wormadam.
Then its ability wouldn't be Forecast anymore obviously...which would make room for Drought/Drizzle/Snow Warning.
That way we would have a primary weather inducer, that's somewhat easier to get hold of, and especially when its stats would stop being crap.
Except for not having a Sandstream forme, but hey, there's Tyranitar and Hippowdon for that.

Sun - 75 70 80 105 80 105
Rain - 75 70 80 105 105 80
Snow - 75 70 105 105 80 80

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope if Torcoal evolves into a Fire/Steel it'll have solid rock as an abilty or a steel version of it to reduce that x 4 weakness.

Also Camerupt should get a evolution. It can have even bigger volcanos with exploding magma...maybe evolve it by having it hold Magmarizer plus knowing Erupt and leveling up in a certain mountain.

Camerupt evo is kind of hard to see. XD; Like I would not be opposed at all to it but it evolving, isn't it already kind of a gigantic volcano, making it larger might look just a little "off"??

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Camerupt evo is kind of hard to see. XD; Like I would not be opposed at all to it but it evolving, isn't it already kind of a gigantic volcano, making it larger might look just a little "off"??

Then again, Magmar and Rhydon looked like they seemed like the tanks. Then Rhyperior and Marmortar appeared. So, I wouldn't exactly scratch out that possability. That would look pretty cool.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I'm hoping for a pre-evo of Miltank and Tauros.
More eeveelutions will come, I think.
I think some non-evolving Pokemon will get some evolutions. Mawhile, Zangoose, Audino, Corsola, and such.
I have heard many people wonder if Kangaskhan is related to Cubone and Marowak. Perhaps whatever Pokemon is in Kangaskhan's pouch will be identified as evolving into Cubone. It would certainly be interesting.
http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/donjo48/media/cubonekangashan.png.html?filters[term]=cubone%20a%20kangaskhan&filters[primary]=images
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/341/0/e/cubone_marowak_kangaskhan_by_periculant-d34ejtb.jpg

I think some Pokemon that only evolve once will get either a pre-evolution or an evolution, depending on how baby-ish the first evolution is.
For example, Poochyena looks like a puppy and I don't think they could make a pre-evo for it. So they could make an evolution for Mightyena.
Sneasel doesn't look young at all, it even stood as a non-evolving Pokemon for awhile. They could definitely make a baby for the Weavile line.

Back