• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Gameplay Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How is the speed of Platinum compared to HG/SS/3rd Gen games?

I somewhat liked D/P from what I played on my brother's cart, but it was unbearably slow- attacking (although this wasn't as bad), the movement of HP bars, running, pretty much everything. I just couldn't take it. Is Platinum more up to snuff? I'm thinking about picking up another DS game for upcoming trips next year, but I'm not sure which to get. I'd like to get one of the Sinnoh games, but it needs to be faster then D/P or I'm not interested at all. So, how is Platinum in this regard?

I'd just emulate it to see, but Desmume won't stop stuttering on my computer for some reason, and it's quite annoying. It's running at a constant 100%, but it's still unplayable.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Platinum goes by faster than Diamond and Pearl, especially after you've seen Sinnoh. And surfing is faster, idk about running lol.

HG and SS go by quickly too, except the storyline is twice as long, in terms of actual speed, Platinum is probably faster.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Diamond and Pearl were very slow compared to Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver. I couldn't handle it after a while.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
As this question is answered, I'll guess I'll close this. Feel free to post any other questions in the 4th Gen Help Thread! Or if you have a discussion, feel free to post it for others to dicuss! 8)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back