• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soul Silver Competitive Team Update

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Your hate for me is divine!
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
Hey everyone! It's been about a month sense my last post. I believe now is a good time to post updates of some new Pokemon. Take a look!

Flygon Life Orb
Jolly
Levitate
252 Attack, 252 Speed
U-turn, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Roost

- ... I got a feeling that I should be using Dragonite rather than Flygon for this particular team, but... Dragonite doesn't learn U-turn. I put a lot of EVs on the Attack and Speed. Flygon will use Roost for annoyance and for the Life Orb to recover his HP from his own attacks after the Life Orb took some HP from this pokemon.

Infernape Expert Belt
Hasty
Blaze
252 Attack, 144 Special Attack, 100 Speed
U-turn, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Overheat

- Typhlosion's replacement from my previous team, primarly because of his typing and his massive move pool. I kinda scattered his EV points around fitting to this strategy. The Expert Belt is used for obvious reasons. If I ever get to the point of using Typhosion again... the NU Pokemon, he'd probably used as a Revenge Killer or sorts... I don't know...

Gliscor Leftovers
Jolly
Sand Veil
144 HP, 124 Special Defense, 248 Speed
Taunt, Earthquake, Roost, U-turn

- Let's face it, this Gliscor is a blatantly unorthodox "copy" of the one presented in Smogon. The ONLY difference is its EV points. Taunt is used to stop others from setting me for Stealth Rocks, Sleep, Poison, Encore, etc. Ugh... (I hate Roost... but its his only recovery move he has...)
U-turn is used to switch to other Pokemon in case I have a type disadvantage. (By now you should be seeing a pattern of this team.)

Scizor Life Orb
Adamant
Technician
252 HP, 252 Attack
U-turn, Roost, Bullet Punch, Pursuit

- I had trouble with the fourth move Pursuit. I probably should switch to something like Brick Break or Aerial Ace... But, his Technician ability... I might need some suggestion for a fourth move other than pursuit because somehow, this move set doesn't look quite right... Help me. Roost works pretty good here because he not even a flying type and he is only weak against fire types... and he has the Life Orb to worry about... and he has fast Pokemon to worry about... and he is... uh... a overrated yet effective Pokemon... or so I believe.

Jolteon Life Orb
Modest
Volt Absorb
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Charge Beam, Thunder Bolt, Shadow Ball, Baton Pass

- Gyarados and Milotic are not going to like this Pokemon very much... The bane of water types and others with low special defense. This is based on Smogon standard: To use Charge Beam with it high probability of raising it's special attack. Life Orb adds icing to the cake. I already know that people are going ask about the Baton Pass.
Baton Pass is there because for mind games... No that's not right... I can't pass anything to other Pokemon... How should I describe this... "scouting?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGG...
I need to get rid of this move or use to pass something else!

Swampert Leftovers
Relaxed
Torrent
242 HP, 216 Defense, 52 Special Attack
Stealth Rock, Roar, Earthquake, Ice Beam

Swampert is another one of those Pokemon that will piss people off. It has only one weakness (which is grass types) and it has a decent move pool. Ice Beam is meant for Dragon Types (Yes Salamence, that means you too. And your Rayquaza! And your Garchomp! And your Dragonite! And... not Kingra... but every other Dragon!) I used the last amount of EV's for the Special Attack for the Ice Beam (though it's not going to get any STAB)
Roar is to make other Pokemon take a hike for a minute. (IF IT WAS Baton Passed or U-turned into) Stealth Rock will cause a lot problems as well and roar just... ruins the players strategy outright. The only way to beat this pokemon is with grass types or extremely fast Pokemon.

Once again, sense I switched a few things up the Smogon website, I'm not really expecting any good results. This is simply a update from my last post of competitive pokemon... Please let me know if I got something screwed up or change the moveset or something along those... And PLEASE don't post irrelevant messages... Just don't...

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2010
I think you should replace life orb on scizor with choice band, get rid of roost on flygon since it's not going to get a lot of opportunities to roost unless you invest in his defenses, and make jolteon timid instead of modest. the reason why jolteon is such a good pokemon is because of his blazing speed and you don't wanna stray away from that.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, this is certainly a lot better than your last team. But it can still use some changes.

FLYGON

Don't use that set. Flygon is best used as a Choice Scarfer because it is an absolutely terrific revenge killer/scouter due to its many resistances and immunities.

Flygon @Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge/Fire Punch

INFERNAPE

Use a Naive nature so that physical priority moves like Bullet Punch won't hurt you as much. Your Infernape is way too slow. With those Speed EVs, you won't be able to outrun positive base 90 Speed Pokemon like Lucario or all the base 100 Speed Pokemon like Jirachi, Zapdos, Celebi, etc. Infernape MUST have at least 192 Speed EVs.

GLISCOR

Do you really need a Flygon AND a Gliscor on the same team? No, you don't. If you want a third U-Turner, use Jirachi because at least Jirachi doesn't give you another 4x Ice weakness.

Jirachi @Leftovers
Impish Nature
240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spd

-U-Turn
-Wish
-Iron Head
-Thunder Wave

Jirachi is a wonderful support Pokemon that can cripple opponents, scout, and heal your teammates all in the same set!

SCIZOR

Don't use U-Turn Scizor with Life Orb. With recoil damage and entry hazards, it greatly limits your ability to scout and revenge-kill especially since Scizor will hardly ever get a chance to use Roost without getting KOed. Use Choice Band instead.
Also, never give Scizor 252 HP EVs. 248 is the max it should get because it makes its HP indivisible by 8. That means a Scizor with 248 HP EVs will be able to switch into Stealth Rocks one more time than a Scizor with 252 HP EVs.

JOLTEON

Never ever use a Modest Jolteon. It needs to be Timid ALWAYS. Jolteon's biggest asset is its Speed and without Timid, you won't be able to outspeed things like Starmie, Azelf, or Weavile. Put Hidden Power Grass over Baton Pass.

SWAMPERT

Put those Sp. Attack EVs into Sp. Defense. There's no real point in using Sp. Attack EVs since Ice Beam will be your least used move and the extra EVs won't make much of a difference. With some Sp. Defense EVs, you'll be able to survive some Hidden Power Grass or unSTABed Grass Knots.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back