• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This internet browser is better than the other!

Years
So, the last version of this thread has died (unless I didn't look hard enough -_-).

But in all seriousness, which internet browser (or browsers) do you use? What are your reasons for using that (or those) browser(s)? How long have you been using the internet browser(s) you use?

I use Google Chrome on my desktop, and I have been using it since March of 2011, when I switched over from Firefox/SeaMonkey. I switched to Chrome simply because of the fact that around the time I switched, Firefox kept giving me lag problems at the time and I just simply fell in love with Chrome since.

However, I will occasionally use Firefox for other purposes (such as comparing Webkit vs. Gecko), and how some sites have incompatibility with one engine or the other, and because Firefox has internal proxy settings, unlike Chrome, which uses Windows' proxy settings.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Chrome. I used to use Firefox, and then it started to give me some issues. So I switched. Going back to anything else now just looks clunky and outdated. I love Chrome.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm waiting for a fix on Google Chrome because I keep getting broken websites and broken images. I'm on Firefox right now, and to be quite honest, I've had the most smooth experience ever. I forgot that I was gonna try to fix Chrome because I felt pretty comfortable browsing on FF. xD

There's also IE 10. I've always hated IE since the beginning, but I'm extremely impressed of IE10. It's far more superior than IE9.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I am using Opera because IE decided to kill it's self and still not working.
I used to use Chrome on my old machine but I now I prefer Opera.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I prefer Chrome myself, but I like it and Firefox. I switched to Chrome so I could easily tab out of the textbox on quoted replies here and hit submit. xD That was pretty much the only reason but I've stuck by it.

Crystalanachrony

ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n
Years
Like a lot of other people, I am on Chrome now, and I started using it when Firefox had fits. Since I'm on a Mac (you can find supplies for burning me at the stake over on the left side of the room) and this happened several years ago, Safari was still very mediocre, so I just jumped to Chrome. I like it because it doesn't take up a lot of room on my screen with the toolbars and URL bar and whatnot, which makes me a happy camper because I am not operating on a large screen here.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I use Google Chrome for all my browsing needs. I find it to be a lot quicker than the other browsers I periodically use, which are Internet Explorer and Firefox. I've used IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari before, but none of them can seem to match the excellency that is Google Chrome, except for maybe Firefox, but I'd still prefer to use GC. I've been using GC for about two years now, and haven't had a single complaint since then.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I use Google Chrome. It's faster than Opera and Internet Explorer, and isn't nearly as buggy as Firefox. It's been good to me and I don't plan on changing in the future.

Years
I've been using Chrome for about a year and a half now. It's very fast and easy to use, so I prefer that over anything else. :) FireFox was great for a few years but the thing started slowing down for me eventually so I switched over to Chrome and never went back.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Firefox, because of it's high customizabilities. I don't really get, why people use Chrome. Actually I use Chromium myself sometimes, since it's the same; well, without those "special" features Chrome has ;)

Edit: found another reason why Chrome sucks: how long is it that apng exists? It's like animated gifs but with semi transparency. But guess what webbrowser still doesn't support apng?

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Firefox. I can't stand Chrome, and IE is right out. Opera is nice when I'm on a slow connection, though.

MasterDraco

Pokémon Commander
Years
Google Chromium... It has one of the best security rates of all the browsers and it is overall VERY fast... Internet Explorer and Safari (I use a Mac) Are the Worst Browsers EVER... I don't really fancy Firefox as I've always found it sort of cluttered...

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Google Chrome, it is the best for me. I don't use Interent Explorer anymore... then again, I don't know ANYONE who uses Internet Explorer anymore (well, except for the ones who uses it to download Chrome and Fire Fox).

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I'm torn between Chrome and Firefox. I use Chrome on my laptop and Firefox on my desktop.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
I stopped using IE when I discovered Chrome. Since, I see no reason not to use it (although a built in proxy service would seem nice >->'). If I open chrome on another computer, I can just reload all my bookmarks and settings. Good for keeping track of sites for school work. On my android, I use dolphin browser cuz stock browser is just meh.. Since I can't use chrome, this feels like my next best option :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Chrome. I went through a phase with Safari recently (I have a Mac, it syncs bookmarks to my iPod which is kinda cool), but it's been Chrome for years now really.
Originally, like everyone, I used IE. Then tried Firefox, found it was much faster, but then it started crashing and stuff. Switched to Chrome, found the extensions etc. somehow easier-to-use and haven't looked back.

Years
I wish I could still be using Chrome, but with some of the newer updates it's had over the past year, it actually runs slower on my computer than Firefox does- and almost as slow as IE, so I switched over to Firefox back in January or so. Since I don't use my browser for much more than the internet itself, Firefox is just fine, but I do plan on switching back to Chrome when I get a new computer (I miss my Chrome themes!).

Back