• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina annouced

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I think all 3 of these pokemon look good as shinies, with Shiny Dialga looking the best. Even though I do not like these pokemon, I do want to claim them.

Usually when they release pokemon at the end of a generation/game, it has significance in the next generation. Examples being the Jirachi released before HGSS, which unlocked a Pokewalker course, and the Arceus which allowed entry into the Shinto Ruins. What excites me most about this event is to consider why they're choosing to release them after XY is being hyped.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Nope I don't think I can make the dates ;-;
Besides no Wi-Fi here, and I live far faaaaaaaar away from Gamestop XD.

Now what do I do? I guess I'll just have to soft reset like a million times, or RNG.

Years
Also today, Serebii has also confirmed the event for Australia, to be held at EB Games and JB Hi-Fi stores. The dates for the three Pokemon are as follows: August 30-September 12 for the Dialga, September 13-September 26 for Palkia and September 27-October 11 for Giratina. The event finishes the day before X & Y's release, simultaneous with the US and UK events.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Since they're shinies being given out via events, that means they must have fixed natures like all shiny events. I wonder what their natures will be (possibly the non-benefitial ones like last time with the shiny Golurk and Hydreigon).

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
Years
Ugh, my mom/dad will never take me to gamestop for Pokemon... Is there a chance that someone could clone a good natured of each Legendary? xD It sucks how my parents are so disapproving of Pokemon :|

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Yeah, only have to go to Gamestop 3 times for 12 shinnies. And the third time I get my 2 new Pokemon games as well. I can aslo have them "cloned" for anyone who wants them who can't go. Just message me.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Excellent. Since I've completed both games, this means I have more Pokémon for later Gen. VI importing. And two to boot!

Nakala Pri

Wow, this sounds amazing! I wonder what they look like... I bet it is super-duper awesome!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
does anyone know if you have to have the game beaten to be able to get them?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
You just have to have Mystery Gift unlocked on your game.

It's unknown right now if they'll have their hidden abilities.

I'm rather annoyed that this event starts the exact day I go back to work from vacation. I'll have to head out to my local Gamestop to get these, as I always appreciate an easier way to get a shiny legendary. A shiny Dialga and Giratina look amazing.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I don't *think* the Dialga has its Dream World ability, but I haven't checked yet. Telepathy would be so much better than Pressure, being able to dodge friendly EQs. :D

I think this is why they shouldn't release shiny legendary events. Destroys peoples hard work.
If anything, They should release event Pokemon with exclusive moves.
Such as Blissey with Seismic Toss for example. As it is near impossible to get that move for Bliss nowadays'

What's even worse, is that they're giving it away a freaking Level 100. Seriously. Sure, some people RNG for shinies, but there's no denying that getting to Level 100 (without hacking) is supposed to be a challenge. Undebatably, this destroys people's hard work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I remember reading about these events on Serebii.net. I already have a Dialga, but since it's free, it wouldn't really hurt to get another one. xD" I'll try to download this Pokémon today, in fact. Since September is right around the corner, the Dialga event is going to end pretty soon. I will get Palkia, too, because it's my favorite of the trio. I'm not too sure about Giratina, though. I have about five to six of those in my PC box right now.

Years
I haven't gotten the Dialga yet, though I might do that. And I'll probably get the Palkia since it's my favorite of the creation trio.

Also, I took the Gen V forum's 125,000th post :P

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
I haven't gotten around to GameStop yet despite having two of them just five minutes away from my house. I'll probably go tomorrow or on Monday for Dialga.

Back