• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Years
I'm terribly excited to see this movie. I would be going to the midnight showing if I didn't have to work the next day. (Well, I would probably go anyway, but all my friends who want to see it won't want to lose that much sleep.) The trailers make it seem like there won't be enough space in one movie to hold in all that it teases us with. Benedict Cumberbatch ought to be a much more memorable villain than Eric Bana was in the previous movie, which was still very good by my standards. I think a good villain is what makes or breaks the movie so I'm going in with really high expectations.

What 'bout you?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I was never really familiar with anything Star Trek until the reboot movie. From what I've read, it wasn't exactly true to the series (less... philosophical? More action-oriented). But, I was thoroughly entertained. I enjoyed it. It was Star Wars-like. Fun

Looking forward to this one. Seeing it on Monday

Years
I go to the theatre to see a movie once every two, maybe three years, and this is one that I'm actually considering to go see. I never saw much of the original Star Trek myself (despite being a big Next Generation fan when I was younger), but while there was some notable changes from the series, I don't think it would've translated well to the big screen if they'd used the same sort of style. And I'd have to agree with Triforce that it did almost have a Star Wars like feel to it- which is why I'm not only excited to see what J.J. Abrams did with this movie, but what he does with the Star Wars franchise, too.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm not all too familiar with Star Trek either which naturally means that I don't have much interest in the movie. I didn't see the first one, as it looked incredibly cheesy to me at first glance, and this one is very much the same. I could look into it if I get bored (which I often do and end up finding movies I actually do enjoy!) though.

DaydreamsAway

<---- MAH WAIFU :3
Years
I've watched Star Trek ever since Shatner played him in the 1960's. I saw the end of Spock to the new alternate reality movie of Star Trek. I can't say I'm excited bout the new movie. I'll just have to wait and see for myself..

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
I've never been a Trek fan but have enjoyed a few of the series that aired on Television and I definitely enjoyed the last reboot movie. While I'm not super excited about seeing it, I'll definitely catch this new one in theaters not too long after it's release. J.J. Abrams is a man of talent! :D

Years
These movies certainly are a departure from the "to boldly go" exploration themes of the televisions series, but I like to think that they compliment them rather than detract from them.

I guess if you grew up with Star Trek you're already okay with its cheesiness so these movies feel so much more serious at times and it's a lot easier to take them serious.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Star Trek: Into Darkness was incredibily mind blowing. I have claim it to be even better than the last one, because not only does it include Klingans, but when the villain, Harrison, reveals himself to be none other than:

Spoiler:

Years
I saw it just this afternoon (in 3d - no comment about that, it was either see that or I wait longer to see 2d. My eyes still hurt). And...yeah, I was impressed. I liked it more than I thought I would. I'm speaking as someone who's only casually been into Star Trek from time to time - I don't actively look to watch or read anything in the series, though I will watch episodes if someone else is - and it's definitely good for an action flick. A lot more interesting to me than the first movie ever was.

(The fact that I barely even remember what happened in the first movie even though I did watch it? Yeah...)

Although there were some plot points they used that did make me question things, which, for the sake of not spoiling stuff, I won't get into. But yeah. Overall, pretty good movie.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I love Star Trek and saw the movie today. I want to get it when it comes out on DVD, and it's probably my favourite movie. Only things I didn't like were:
Spoiler:

But those were just small things, and I absolutely loved the movie!

Years
Saw it on Sunday. I thought it was great.

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I liked it. As far as popcorn-y, not-too-deep summer blockbusters go, it was pretty much bang-on-the-money. I have slim-to-none knowledge about the franchise, so a lot of the references went over my head (and the ones that didn't felt oh-so-cheesy!) It's been slightly over a month and can't really remember much about it, but it was definitely in-the-moment fun.

Back