• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aureolin

Which design for the Dusk Admin do you prefer the most? [Refer to the first post for designs.]

• Design A

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Design B

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Design C

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Design D

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Design E

• Design F

• Design G

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Design H

• Design I

• Design J

• Design K

• Design L

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I guess it's time I post this. I've only been working on this for about... I don't know, 7 years now? x'D

Introducing...
tLOPCUQ.png

Explore the vast Ekkul region, introducing a wide range of different Pokémon and mysteries!

133.png
Introduction/About Me

So yeah, I've been working on this, on and off, for seven years. I'm pleased enough with the progress at the moment I want to reveal it. :) Bare in mind it's still a fair bit away from a first Beta (I'm currently up to the second Gym and a lot of features, such as more evolutions for Eevee, aren't incorporated yet) but it's about time this saw the light of day. ^.^

I first got into Rom Hacking by watching Tamashiihiroka's "The Hack". Back then I too used Advance Text and what not and thought I was the best haha. xD It's kinda funny looking back at it in retrospective. :) I have definitely learnt a lot since then, and still learning a lot each day too. :)

134.png
The Story

You have recently moved to the Ekkul region alongside your family. The hero, waking up, is instructed to get a Pokémon from Professor Maple, the region's Pokémon Professor, easily identified by his vivid maple-leaf shaped hair. When leaving their lab, the generic Pokémon adventure takes a more drastic turn. Ambushed by a mysterious thug, it seems the peace in the region was short-lived, and as the hero travels around the region, they'll have to stop these gang of thugs, known as Team Dusk, while they carry out many schemes, such as taking over a TV Station. The anonymity of their leader and their questionable motives will soon be unravelled as the hero travels across the vast region of Ekkul.

Along the way you'll meet two trainers, the kind and caring yet a little eccentric Felicity who cares passionately for Pokémon. A kind young girl who cares deeply for Pokémon, claiming to understand their wants and needs. She's naive but always has good intentions, yet questions her future and whether she wants to becoming a Pokémon trainer or not. On the other hand, the other rival you'll meet is Maverick, a boy with a deep grudge that is quick to accuse the player of causing trouble. Throughout the game his back story will become apparent and he'll gradually treat the player with more respect once they show him their power.

Team Dusk has many admins, each with their own distinct personality and appearance. The team generally uses more sinister Pokémon but are very adaptable. For instance, if you're fighting in a forest you can expect to see grass-type Pokémon too. Don't expect them all to use Wurmples and Zubats!

135.png
Features
  • A brand new region to explore, with Pokémon from Generations I to III, as well as some Generation IV Pokémon and even a Generation VI Pokémon!
  • Brand new graphics!
  • The Fairy-type that debuted in Generation VI is here! You can even evolve your Eevee into it's Fairy eeveelution!
  • Dive will be back! Head deep in the sea and find hidden ruins and other mysteries!
  • Two regions to explore!
  • A brand new team- Team Dusk- is causing havok across the region. Defeat their three evil admins and their anonymous boss!
  • Some new attacks and abilities!
  • All Pokémon evolve without trading! Not only that, but there's no "Kadabra evolves at level..." I will be introducing items, both old (the Sun Shard from Pokémon XD for instance) and new (the Link Cable) to evolve your Pokémon. :)
  • Two shiny Pokemon available! There no Red Gyarados though, and you'll have to search high and low for them. ;)
  • ...and many more that I've probably forgot to mention!

136.png
Media

196.png
Bugs And Glitches
  • Some palette errors.
  • No new attacks *yet*, I'm having some difficulties inserting them but I'll figure it out. ;)
  • Same goes for evolign Eevee into Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon.
  • Some tile errors.

197.png
Downloads
None yet. :c

470.png
Credits

Tools Used
  • AdvanceMap
  • Karatekid55's Gen 3 Suite
  • XSE
  • NSE
  • Advanced Series Tools
  • Item Image Editor
  • Item Manager
  • APE
  • FSF
  • JPAN's hacked FR base.
  • MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rom Base (it saves me adding in the fairy type again, and hey, you can't go wrong with some extra abilities/attacks! ^^)

Resources

Special Thanks

Tamashiihiroka for getting me into ROM hacking in the first place and all of the people who made amazing tutorials and helped me with any problems. :)
Also thanks for all of you guys supporting my hack! :D​

471.png
Closing Notes

Thanks for reading my thread, it means a lot. :) I'll try and update relatively often but other commitments may mean these aren't always daily/consistent. Thanks for understanding! :D
Also, I really need to learn how to use CSS so my thread can look pretty. D:

700.png
Support Banners

TMcT2ge.png

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7961436#post7961436"][img]http://i.imgur.com/TMcT2ge.png[/img][/url]
Created by mydrago

ub87xEq.png

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7961436#post7961436"][img]http://i.imgur.com/ub87xEq.png[/img][/url]
Created by me

Last edited:

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
WOW! Thats sweet! Keep it up.
Oh and one thing, the waterfall on the third screen shot looks out of the line, its kinda hitting the border :0

Thats all!
Good luck! {:3}

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Yay another hack with Eevee as the starter! :D
Tiles are great.... But you need to change the trees a lil'.... But if your using a Rombase that's just 'kay....
Good luck on making this hack!!! :15:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 20, 2015
Great looking! I like the features, but I would like to know about the storyline a little more. Keep up the good work!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
WOW! Thats sweet! Keep it up.
Oh and one thing, the waterfall on the third screen shot looks out of the line, its kinda hitting the border :0

Thats all!
Good luck! {:3}

Thanks for the heads up! :D I'll get to that. :) And thanks, hopefully I can make some good progress this time. :)

Yay another hack with Eevee as the starter! :D
Tiles are great.... But you need to change the trees a lil'.... But if your using a Rombase that's just 'kay....
Good luck on making this hack!!! :15:

Eevee FTW! :D Nah, it's not a ROM base, but I agree. :) It's something I want to do, especially the shadows of the trees. :) Thank you! :D

Great looking! I like the features, but I would like to know about the storyline a little more. Keep up the good work!
I can understand. I kinda wanted to keep it vague but I'll try and add some more tomorrow morning, I'm a bit tired so it'd probably have lots of typos if I started now. xD

Thanks for all the nice comments so far. :) Here's another image! :D
16gbpSP.png

I wonder what kind of Gym this is...? :p

(Ignore the small little tile error on the carpet, I shall fix that tomorrow. :))

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Thanks for the heads up! :D I'll get to that. :) And thanks, hopefully I can make some good progress this time. :)

Eevee FTW! :D Nah, it's not a ROM base, but I agree. :) It's something I want to do, especially the shadows of the trees. :) Thank you! :D

I can understand. I kinda wanted to keep it vague but I'll try and add some more tomorrow morning, I'm a bit tired so it'd probably have lots of typos if I started now. xD

Thanks for all the nice comments so far. :) Here's another image! :D
16gbpSP.png

I wonder what kind of Gym this is...? :p

(Ignore the small little tile error on the carpet, I shall fix that tomorrow. :))

Wow, the tile is sooo pink. Which is very cute and blend with the Gym leader.
Maybe it's a fairy type Gym? Heh. I think the color is just the clue of the type.
Anyways, nice snow and tree tiles. I love how you inserted it ^^ But the sign
is kinda like, I don't know.. too dark? Are you planning to change the hero sprite?
I love new hero sprites :3 I love the titlescreen by the way, mine always have this
damn glitchy tile. Ekkul region sounds a little weird. That aside, good luck! I wanna
see some scripting screeny and such. I hope you make good progress.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I can't wait for the beta...
How many Gen 6 Pokemon will you add?

Just the one at the moment, but I might eventually add more. :) I'm adding quite a few Gen 4 Pokemon (all of the evolutions- Roserade etc. and some pre-evolutions) though. :)

Wow, the tile is sooo pink. Which is very cute and blend with the Gym leader.
Maybe it's a fairy type Gym? Heh. I think the color is just the clue of the type.
Anyways, nice snow and tree tiles. I love how you inserted it ^^ But the sign
is kinda like, I don't know.. too dark? Are you planning to change the hero sprite?
I love new hero sprites :3 I love the titlescreen by the way, mine always have this
damn glitchy tile. Ekkul region sounds a little weird. That aside, good luck! I wanna
see some scripting screeny and such. I hope you make good progress.

Hehe, maybe. :p Maybe not. ;) All I'll say is that you might have to do something else before you can face the Gym Leader. :) Thanks, I quite like the snow tiles too! ^.^ I'll try adjusting the palette a little bit. :) As for the Hero sprite, eventually. XD Same goes for the evil team, but I'm still experimenting with designs and what-not so they'll probably stay the way they are for a little bit longer. :s And I'm still kinda debating between names but it's the best I can think of for the moment. ^.^ Most of the stuff is subject to change though, so we'll see. :) And thanks, the title screen was such a hassle to make so I'm glad people like it! :D

As for scripting, there's a few level scripts atm. :) The screenshot with the player's mother and the Team Dusk confronting the player are both examples of such. :) I'm also experimenting with including shiny Pokemon and managed to get it to work, so expect a few (my aims two at the moment) shiny Pokemon in the hack but don't expect them to be easy. ;) I'm still relatively early on but you can expect long juicy scripts later on definitely. ;)

Thanks for the comments! :D I'm editing the first post to add more detail to it (specifically the story) now. :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Will you add new moves too?

I'll definitely add a lot. :) Due to the sheer effort I'm not going to add all of them, but moves like Play Rough and Dazzling Gleam will definitely be in! :) Other moves like Flare Blitz for Flareon would be nice too. :)

Yay pink colored gym!!!!!
I wonder if the gym leader's specialty will be Fairy/Normal type/s but it's still a nice screenshot!
Another Good luck to you! :15:

I can confirm it's definitely one of them. ;) I'll keep which one it is a secret for now though. :p

Saw the new added screeny, did I just saw a grammar error there?
TFUQsSF.png

Code:
and is

Oops. xD I'll fix that, it's meant to say "it is...". ^.^

A new screenshot just to keep things interesting. :)

To fight the first Gym Leader, you need to find her in the city's local abandoned mansion. But what's this...?
ebm7mAp.png

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
Wooow cool hack keep it up!

hope u find a way to add new attacks soon :)

and that pink gym? probably Fairy or Psychic :o also it that pink gym the first gym? >:P

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Wooow cool hack keep it up!

hope u find a way to add new attacks soon :)

and that pink gym? probably Fairy or Psychic :o also it that pink gym the first gym? >:P

It sure is! :D I think I'm going to make the Gyms similar to Diamond/Pearl- they're not going to be easy, even early on. :p

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
The trees looks weird for some reason. I don't like it.
Just for my opinion, it's too shaded. They don't much with the grass.
The sign too dark as well. Maybe a little light white could make it look better.
aQUrWM9.png

As for the snow tiles, it went lovely. Good luck.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
This Hack looks Interesting! seeing the FAIRY Type Pokemon and Moves in the Game! Wait, When did Tamashii get into Rom Hacking?

I think a lot of the videos are deleted/on an old channel but you she used to make a series called "The Hack". It was mostly just edits using tools like Advanced Text but it was ultimately what got me into ROM hacking. I remember it being popular around 2007 I think?

The trees looks weird for some reason. I don't like it.
Just for my opinion, it's too shaded. They don't much with the grass.
The sign too dark as well. Maybe a little light white could make it look better.
aQUrWM9.png

As for the snow tiles, it went lovely. Good luck.

Yeah, I want to work on both. Honestly, I haven't added custom grass tiles yet really, which is something I want to do to make them fit in more. xD The trees shadow could be improved too imo. And I think someone else mentioned the sign, but I'll work on that too. :) Thanks for the compliment! :D I like the snow tiles too hehe. ^.^

Edit: In other news, I'm going to be working hard on the hack tonight. :) Hopefully I can relay some good screenshots back! :D

I made some changed. I still might try and change the palette of the tree shadow a bit. But yeah, try & spot all of the changes. ;D

aQUrWM9.png
>
AAVid8P.png

Edit x2: Just realised I didn't reclassify all of the old types. After about 30/40 minutes, I finally have all of the old types classified what I believe to be correct! ^.^ I might look at adding new moves now since that seems to be popular. :) The only problem is it clashed quite a lot with the new type so we'll see if I can manage to avoid that this time. :)

Edit x3: I managed to insert the effect for Coil! :D It took a while but I think I've cracked it. I think I'm gonna try and insert the Fairy attacks first since I think they'll give me the most problems. :)

For now, here's a little teaser. Also, no, Eevee will not learn Flare Blitz in the final game. ;) This was purely done for testing purposes. I'm going to give Flareon Flare Blitz though so that's always something to look forward too. :D
(Also, I noticed the first image was cropped poorly. Oops! xD)

KDTTp20.png
E7k9rJm.png
u6MpiVg.png

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I think this deserves a new post (and a bump!) So from my last post, you'll see I've finally managed to enable custom attacks. That's not all though! :D Here it is, Moonblast! :D

VJdUVDN.png

By messing around with the Hex I managed to find the type byte for the new Moonblast attack. So we have Fairy moves! :D I'm going to insert them all now before I forget in the future, and then get to work on other moves with different types (which will be a lot, lot easier! ^^')

A quick question though: I will be putting in Dazzling Gleam as a move. However, due to the character limit. I will have to shorten it. Now, which one of these do you prefer?
  1. Dazzle Gleam
  2. DazzlingGl'm
  3. Dazzle
  4. Dazl'ngGleam
  5. Other

The same goes for Disarming Voice, however due to it's Japanese name translating as Charm Voice, I might just stick with that since it fits. But I'm open for suggestions on that too. :)

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Dazzle Gleam could work lol.
I think it would be nice to see more custom tiles, but a mix with standard FR tiles could also work. Also, will you be removing steel's resistances of ghost and dark like in Gen 6? I thought it would make sense since the fairy type is already in the game, but then again it would weaken Pokemon like Metagross.
Looking forward to this hack, good luck :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Dazzle Gleam could work lol.
I think it would be nice to see more custom tiles, but a mix with standard FR tiles could also work. Also, will you be removing steel's resistances of ghost and dark like in Gen 6? I thought it would make sense since the fairy type is already in the game, but then again it would weaken Pokemon like Metagross.
Looking forward to this hack, good luck :)

Atm it's Dazzle but that's a good suggestion. :) I tried Dazzl'ngGleam but it didn't look right. xD

I'm slowly but surely working on the custom tiles. :) I'm aiming for 100% custom tiles (or at least close to it) but we'll get there... eventually. :D

That does make sense. :o Surprisingly I hadn't thought of that. It shouldn't be too hard to do so I'll probably change it tonight. :)

Thanks! :D Hopefully I can get a Beta out soon- I'm thinking after the third Gym for Beta One and I'm around about the 2nd Gym, with adding a few events here and there before that so hopefully it shouldn't be too long. However, the city with the 3rd Gym will be.... unique. ;) It'll have the vibe of a certain city from Pokemon Colosseum. ;)

More screenies! :D The Pokemon Trainer school returns, and there's a quiz available! Answer correctly and you'll get a Quick Claw! There's also a student who will trade a Skitty for a Clefairy, so if you want a Fairy-type grab yourself a Skitty and get trading! ^.^

WIUUSEN.png
C7pswPM.png
OLa9y0z.png

Also, here's something that might make some people happy. :) I've finished the male trainer's sprite! :D Here you go.

ORAZCBU.png

Now just to work on the overworlds, but hopefully they shouldn't take too long. And then I just need to get the female done! ^^'

Edit: I've finished and inserted the standard and walking overworld sprites. Here's a little teaser. :)
cDHDXX4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back