• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black City or White Forrest

Which one do you prefer

• Black City

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • White Forrest

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I never played in Black City. Did White Forrest was cool at first then the trees grew and the grass patches dwindled. Just want to know who prefers what and yes I did a search and advanced search and nothing came up for such a thing.

Sirfetch’d

White Forest. I would rather catch rare pokemon than battle them:)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In B2/W2, I don't think you'd be able to catch Pokemon/battle trainers outside in White Forest and Black City; there are battle facilities called the White Treehollow and the Black Tower in White Forest and Black City, respectively instead.

Anyway, I'd go with White Forest because it was creative to integrate a battle facility building in a huge tree.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I liked the design of Black City, but I like White Forest a bit better because of the Pokemon to catch.

Years
I've been in the Black city, since I wasn't WiFi(ing) much it was totally empty and boring... I totally hated it even though it had a nice shady design
I don't think that's the same for the Forest since you actually have something to do
I'm glad I'll get to be in it once I have my W2 game!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
White Forest. I'd actually want to catch the Pokémon rather then battle them. It's much easier.

MVPokeStory

Nom Nom Nom
Years
White Forest. I can get more pokemon there without using pokesav or anything, so I would rather go there. It also looks like there is more in White Forest.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Ok, Would people suggest I get white 2 instead of B2? I have it paid for B2 but im sure I can just change it to white being same price.

Also Is that Challenge and World Championship things in black or are they in white as well?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
white forest cuz different pokemon appear through the seasons their low level but their rare pokemon (for unova) like trapinch, magnemite, i think larvitar to. but they should do a game that has both black city and white forest.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
white forest cuz different pokemon appear through the seasons their low level but their rare pokemon (for unova) like trapinch, magnemite, i think larvitar to. but they should do a game that has both black city and white forest.

I wouldve thought thats where Pokemon Gray wouldve came in but they scrapped that all together for some reason and did B2W2.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Black City is ultimately more useful as it gives you an infinite supply of stuff you may need in game, also quicker exp/money.

Comparatively, white forest is just for quick fun, but it eventually dries up once you get all the available pokemon. The randomness of items doesn't really help either, but I guess it also applies to black city.

I don't really know about the changes (if any) to black city/white forest in bw2 (assuming they are in it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
IMO, that's scientifically impossible, similar to having 2 Opeluid Cities in one game.
Both locations are in the same place and in fact ARE absolutely same if you look at them without the buildings and other features.
If they made a game with both locations, they would either have to move one elsewhere or make them appear according to seasons which would be pretty weird o.O

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I think I am going to stick with getting Black2. Got a more bad ass look to it

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Well I never played Black City so I gotta go with White Forest.

Back