• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Ok, and another problem. I know this is kind of a noobish question, but is there a way to make the game run at at least 90% whenever im inside it's 70%, outside - 50%

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
There aren't any working anti-freeze codes out there? :( Shoot. Even my Pearl didn't freeze up like this...

I've got my game on my R4 (I play it on my DS). I patched the game too (right after I downloaded it).

Skullking17

Trainer
Years
Ok, and another problem. I know this is kind of a noobish question, but is there a way to make the game run at at least 90% whenever im inside it's 70%, outside - 50%
Well this kinda depends on what emulator your playing on. For most people no$gba runs the game the fastest. On no$gba my game usually runs at about 80% outside and 100% inside.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2009
Anybody who is having the black screen after Oak issue, follow the megaupload link posted below:
(((It won't let me put the link here 'cause I haven't made 15 posts or more)))

This is a download for the pokefix patcher. Simply follow the instructions that come bundled with.

This does not contain the rom, ofcourse.

Anybody who is having saving issues, I don't really know what to tell you. Make sure you have your NDS Cartridge Backup Media set correctly in the No$GBA setup. I have mine set to "Flash 512KBytes."
After the patch and making sure it's set correctly saving turns out just fine for me.

Hey, I'm new.

Long story short, I wrote up this whole epic bit about how this patch won't work for me, but then the stupid "no link posting" thing came up, and everything I wrote went "poof", so I'll sum it up as quickly as I can.

I'm running NO$Zoomer2.0.3.2 through NO$GBA2.6 running
4159_-_Pokemon_Heart_Gold_(J)(Xenophobia) downloaded from Romulation.

I downloaded the pokefix patch, and I can extract the folder just fine. But then I go into the folder, and it wont let me extract the BIOS and the Firmware.

I'm about ready to punt a kitten, I've been searching the net for SOME solution, to no avail, and this looks promising.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Father-nature

I train only the finest
Years
When i play my Heartgold on No$gba, just sometimes out of the blue it crashes "Rom image has crashed" If anyone could please help me i would be grateful

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2009
hey guys, my soul silver game works fine on my R4 card, but at the minute im at college and my DS is dead so i'm not able to play, now im trying on no$gba and having problems. iv put my DS save game into the slot folder but when i use it its just giving me the "the rom image has crashed" error. i dont want to start a new game as iv got 8 badges so far and i just want to carry on with my DS save game. any ideas?

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
Years
That's odd, I can't find a good download for No$Zoomer, let alone the rom.

But, I am waiting for them to come out on the rom, like a patient person would. Seriously. I am ravenous for that game.

Could anyone tell me where to look for Zoomer?

~DB

humanking

Old School Fan
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2010
I play my (Patched)Soul Silver on DeSmuME, It never crashes and doesn't Freeze. It always has problems on No$GBA for some reason, BSoD (Black Screen of Death), freezes, doesn't save etc.

~Unknown

Desmume works well, its a little bit slower but it doesn't freeze (at least it didn't freeze yet) and you can save stat so it wont crash when u save

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2009
i got DeSmuME but for whatever reason it wont run for me. not that it wont run roms, the thing itself won't start up.

humanking

Old School Fan
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2010
?? you press on the exe and it doesn't open??? i can't help you it worked from the start with me :s

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
I have Black Lines going across some sprites like the door mats and the pokeballs when choosing your starter my 3D Render is on nocash

-TheZeide

humanking

Old School Fan
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2010
put it on opengl if it doesn't slow your emulator down, it'll look much better

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I need some help. Everytime I play, eventually after like 20 minutes I get a "ROM Image has crashed" and even if I saved, it won't say I did and I have to start from a random save point before. How do I stop this?

Yeah, this happens to me too.

What i eventually realised was that it reverts to the previous save made BEFORE a crash.

in other words, if you normally save then turn the emulator off, then turn it back on. the save is permanent.

if you save, but dont quit the emulator, and it crashes, it doesnt register as a proper save for whatever reason.

so, every time you save, exit the emulator, then restart it.

Doing that seems to help, although I have no idea why. It's a pain, but in my experience it does work.

Shawk

Smexy
Years
I'm having some problems with the DeSmuME emu. On one account on my computer it works with HG/SS, but on another, everytime I try to open up the rom, I get a black screen. At the top, it just sits there saying (99%) DeSmuME 0.9.4 x86 and won't open. Help please?

EDIT: I have to go, so if somebody could please VM or PM me with help, it would be greatly appreciated and I'd give you a credit in my trade thread if you're interested.

Last edited:

Skullking17

Trainer
Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back