• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon Diamond Dead - A Nuzlocke Fan Fiction based on Pokemon Diamond

Years
This is aside project of mine that I have been working on for a while. It is a Nuzlocke(Pokémon die if they faint and only one Pokémon may be caught per area) basedon Pokémon Diamond. Rival is Pearl. It will be longer than my other fictions,but updated less frequently. Enjoy! Reviews are welcome, as always.
PokémonDiamond Dead
ChapterOne
I woke up in my house, a news report on television.It seemed that they still couldn't catch the red Gyarados. They couldn'tanyway, because of the Nuzlocke. Pokémon died if they were knocked out, and youcould only catch one Pokémon per area. Anyway, I went downstairs and Mom saidthat Pearl was waiting for me. I went round to Pearl's house, was about toknock on the door, when Pearl barged through the door, knocking me backwards.He wanted us to find the red Gyarados? He went back inside to get his things. Icautiously went up after him. He quickly barged past me; bag in hand, runningto Lake Verity. Not knowing what to do, I followed after him.
I started walking down Route 201, seeing Pearlwaiting just ahead of me. I decided to lead the way to the lake. We walkedtogether down Route 1, finally arriving at Lake Verity. We walked through thegap in the bushes to Lake Verity. There was an old guy and some girl looking atthe lake. Talk about creepy! Anyway, they talked for a bit then wandered off, shovingpast us. They'd left their briefcase behind! Pearl and I walked carefully up tothe briefcase, about to pick it up and take it to the old guy. Had I heard thegirl say Professor? Anyway, two wild Starly flew at us, surprising us, joltingopen the briefcase. The Starly were about to peck our heads off! Inside the briefcasewere three Pokémon, Chimchar, Piplup and Turtwig. Pearl decided that we"needed them" and told me to pick one. I took the grass type,Turtwig. Pearl took the Chimchar, the fire type. Pearl and I began our fightagainst the Starly. I sent Turtwig out, ordering him to use tackle. He tackledthe wild Starly, making it fly into a tree. It growled at us, making Turtwigslightly scared. Turtwig kept using tackle, scoring hit after hit on Starly.Starly kept using growl, was that all it knew? Turtwig prepared for one finaltackle, the Starly actually doing the same! The two tackles met, causing theStarly to collapse, dead, to the floor. That dratted Nuzlocke! Pearl, itseemed, had also won with his Chimchar, but Chimchar looked the worse for wear.Anyway, the Prof's assistant, Dawn, came to the lake, picking up the briefcase.She was a bit worried about the Pokémon, but didn't take them. Then, we wentdown Route 201.
We walked down Route201 for a little bit, beforebumping into the Prof. He looked at our Pokémon for a minute then said"Hmm," Very chatty isn't he! He took Dawnback to his lab, still not takinghis pokemon. Pearl and I looked at eachother, then headed home. At home, Momhealed Turtwig and told me that it wasprobably Prof. Rowan from Sadgem Town.She gave me a pair of runnning shoes towear on my little adventure. I wanderedround to Pearl's house, but he hadalready gone. I trudged down Route 1, goingthe opposite way to before,straight through tall grass! Turtwig and Iencountered a few Starlys, but wejust ran, not wanting to hurt Turtwig.Eventually, we arrived at Sadgem Town.Dawn was waiting in front of theProfesser's lab. She brought me to the door aboutto take me inside, when Pearlburst through the door, his Chimchar on hisshoulder! It seemed the Prof. hadlet him keep it! Pearl ran off back toTwinleaf Town and Dawn and I progressedinto the lab.
The Prof. looked atTurtwig, deciding that I couldkeep him. He gave me a Pokedex, in which to tryand record all the pokemon. Thatwas impossible, unless we were freed fromNuzlocke. Dawn took me outside,showing me a Pokemon Center and a PokemonMarket before wandering onto Route202. First, I went into the pokemon centerand had Turtwig healed, then went tothe pokemart and bought a few potions andpokeballs. From now on, I could onlycatch the first pokemon I see on a route.Taking that into account, I walkedonto Route 201, and saw a weak looking Starly.Of all the luck in the world, itjust had to be this weak, didn't it? Turtwigquickly hit it with a tackle,sending it hurt to the floor. I threw a pokeballat it, catching it. I went backto Twinleaf Town and talked to Mom, asking if Icould go on an adventure. Sheeventuallyrelented and let me go, but not before healing my pokemon. I walkedup Route201, training Starly. It grew slightly stronger, then I went to apokemoncenter to have Starly healed. After that, I went to Lake Verity, in thehope ofcatching another pokemon. I wandered through the tall grass, eventuallyseeinga much stronger starly. I sent out Turtwig, ordering it to use tackle.Turtwigkept tackling, being growled at. Is all wild pokemon do growl? TheStarlytackled, doing little damage to Turtwig, before I caught it in apokeball. Itseemed a lot stronger than my other Starly. After healing, I wentand trainedfor a bit. I trained up the first Starly to just stonger than thenewer one,then the newer Starly to the same strength. Both now knew quickattack. Afterhealing, I headed to Route 202.
When I arrived onRoute 202, Dawn was waiting forme. She wanted to show me how to catch apokemon. Pah! I knew that already!Anyway, she caught some weak Bidoof with herPiplup, barely doing any damage.There was one good thing about this, she gaveme five more pokeballs! Right, thefirst pokemon I see I have to capture. Ohdrat these Starlys! It was a weakerone than my current Starlys! What a majorannoyance! Anyway, one of my Starlysused quick attack and a tackle, making itfall to the floor and I threw apokeball at it, successfully capturing anotherweak Starly. I trudged back tothe Sadgem Town pokemon center and had mypokemon healed. I walked down Route202 and saw the pokemon I wanted, Shinx,but all too late. I had one of myStarlys knock it out, making the Starly asstrong as Turtwig! Was worth it then.The weaker Starly I'd caught could stayon my team, but I wasn't going to trainit or anything, save that for my mainpokemon team. I walk further down Route202, seeing a trainer there. I run upto him and challenge him to a battle. Itturned out his name was Tristan.Tristan sent out a Starly, nearly as strong asmine. I sent out my Starly tocounter. My Starly uses a quick attack, which hiscounters with a tackle. Iquick attack again, his a growl. Mine uses quick attack,killing his Starlyinstantly. The poor boy shouted that I was too strong and ranoff crying. Hedropped £80 though, so I took that. I changed main pokemon, myStarly now thestrongest. I would use Turtwig next. The next trainer on theroute was a girlcalled Natalie with two pokemon. She sent out a weak Bidoof,while I sent outmy Turtwig. Turtwig just tackled three times, barely any damagedone to Turtwigfrom the Bidoof's pathetic tackles. Her Bidoof died instantly.Natalie sent outanother Bidoof. Damn these vermin. Anyway, I kept Turtwig in,using tackleevery round. Natalie's Bidoof tackled too, but in vain. That waskilled also,collapsing into it's own blood. Natalie just sobbed and handed overmy money.Shame about the Nuzlocke, I wish battles were friendly. Anyway,anothertrainer. No problem, I sent out my other strong Starly, while he used aShinx.Two quick attacks from Starly and Shinx was down, only using one weaktackle onStarly. The Shinx just lay, soaked in red, on the ground, while thetrainergave me money. Oh, Starly grew up too! Anyway, some more experienceunder myarm, I walked down the final strech of the route, arriving at JuilifeCity!
I walked intoJubilife City, greeted by the familiarface of Dawn, impressed that I hadcaught all four pokemon. She told me to go tothe trainers school, that Pearlwas there and then wandered off. I went to thepokemon center first and healedall my battle worn pokemon before heading to thetrainers school. I walkedthrough the door, seeing Pearl looking at the blackboard,and went andchallenged two trainers. Some School Kid called Harrison sent outan Abra. Iused Turtwig, who could only use tackle and withdraw. The Abra usedhiddenpower each round, causing serious damage. Turtwig was left panting onthefloor, before getting up and beating it with a final tackle. The Abra'sbloodflew everywhere, upsetting the kid. Turtwig had been seriously hurt, so Iwent tothe pokemon center.
"You're luckyyou're Turtwig is stillaive," said Nurse Joy as she handed Turtwig backto me "He only had2HP left!". I switched lead pokemon, using aStarly for the next girl, Ihad a hunch she would use Abra. Anyway, afterhealing Turtwig, I went back tothe trainer's school. I challenged the girl,Christine. As I thought, she usedan Abra. Her Abra used hidden power, but itonly took two of Starly's quickattacks to leave Abra dead on the floor.Starly, barely sustained any damage,unlike Turtwig had done. I talked to theboy and recived my prize, the TM10hidden power! I put it safely in my bag andwalked to the pokemon center. I wasgoing to challenge Pearl next, I didn'twant any casualties.My pokemon healed, Iwent back do the school one last time,this time ready to challenge Pearl. Justas I was about to challenge him, heran off, giving me a town map. it seemed hehad gone to Route 203, it seemedthat if I wanted to challenge him, I should dothe same.
I walked out toJubilife City, stopped by a mantalking about poketchs, a weird pokemon watch.It seemed he wanted me to findthree clowns, then he would give me one forfree! Musn't be very good then.Anyway, I walked round the back of the pokemoncenter, seeing the first clown.He asked me,
"Does a pokemongrow by defeating others andgaining exp. points?". What a dumb question.YES! Well, he gave me a couponand I went in search of the next clown. I sawone in front of some weirdbuilding.
"Can a pokemonhold an item?" he asked.Well, DUH! Of course it can! I answered, takingthe next coupon. One left tofind. I walked in front of the poketch buildingand there was the last clown.
"Just likepokemon types, the moves of pokemoncan also have types?" he asked. Well,yes of course, that wasn't even setout as a question. I took the final couponand ran back to the poketch chairman.
"Let me countyour coupons, I'll use thepoketch here." he said, counting them. Well,what a dumbo, he can't countto three! He gave me a poketch with the time, acalculator, a pedometer and ateam register. It didn't even have the addedfunctions! Anyway, I finallycontinued on my journey.
Hoping to do sometraining, I went down Route 218. Iwas given an old rod by a fisherman. Iwalked onto Route 218, just water andfishing spots, just water and fishingspots! Useless, all I would get wasMagikarp! I relaxed and threw my fishingrod bait into the water, finallygetting a bite. I was right, it was aMagikarp. My Starly made it flollop infront of us, so I threw a pokeball atit, considering it was the first pokemon Isaw on this route. Horray, I caughtMagikarp. It's level was higher than therest of my pokemon, anyway. I knockedout a few more Magikarp, training myStarly. I eventually got bored, and wanderedback to Jubilife with a team offive pokemon, three of which were Starly, oneof which was a useless Magikarpand one of which was a Turtwig. I couldn'tcount on much of this staying alivefor long. I healed my pokemon, realisingthat if I switched out Magikarp in abattle, it would get stronger and evolveinto a Gyaradous! I wandered down mynext target, Route 204. Seeing this routehad trainers, I went to the first oneand sent out Magikarp! The girl wascalled Sarah. She sent out a Bidoof, nothingnew there then. As soon as Bidoofwas out, I switched Magikarp for a Starly.Starly used quick attack, bidooftackle. Then, on the next round Bidoof got acritical hit, leaving Starly withlittle health. Starly needed to be switchedtoo! I switched her for my nextStarly. Bidoof growled while Starly killed itwith quick attacks. I went to thepokemon center and had my pokemon healed,before going back to face the nexttrainer. I changed my mind, deciding to focuson my main team until I had anexp share. Now Starly would open for me. The nextwas a boy called Tyler,sending out a Magikarp. I replyed with my Starly. Starlykilled it with quickattacks, while it splashed at us. The Magikarp justcollapsed, it's trainersending out a Starly. I stayed with my Starly, since ithad sustained nodamage. It did a minimal amount of damage, then died of quickattacks. I hadwon again. This was too easy! The boy was upset, since his dad gavethe pokemonto him. I walked through some tall grass, looking for a pokemon.Great, a lowlevel Shinx. I'd been looking for that, but one a lot stronger. Tohell with itall, I thought. I accidentally knocked it out, losing my chance inthat area.Some good came of it, Starly learned wing attack! A great subsitutefor a lowlevel pokemon. Seeing some more trainers, I went back and healed. Thenexttrainer was a girl called Samantha, with a Budew. I used Starly,quickattacking, since this one hadn't learnt wing attack yet. Budew usedAbsorb, barelydoing any damage. Starly easily took the weakling down in twoquick attacks.Blood splattered all over the girl and I walked on. Oh, thisStarly just learntwing attack as well! I walked inside ravaged path, hoping tocatch my sixthpokemon. I saw a Geodude, so I used my Turtwig. Turtwig still hadno grass typemoves, so I slowly hammered away with tackle. This Geodude wasquite good, butvery low level. After ten rounds, I finally threw a pokeball andcaught thething. I wandered back to Jubilife City, content with my progress. Ihealed my pokemonand finally made my way down, Route 203, looking for Pearl.
I found Pearl waitingat the beginning of Route 203,waiting for me. He hoped I had become stronger, andthen challenged me to abattle. He sent out a Starly, while I sent out Turtwig.Turtwig used tackle,Starly a quick attack. Turtwig got Starly down to littlehealth, at half healthhimself, when he started missing. He was left withlittle health, but finallyhit, knocking out Starly. Next up, Pearl used his Chimchar,while I used aStarly. Chimchar used scratch, while Starly used quick attack. Bothwere on lowhealth, but my poor Starly was lower! Starly used wing attack,leaving Chimcharat barely any health! Then, CHimchar used scratch! Was this the end for Starly?

Last edited:

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
I don't see any problems with this 'fic, although there are some mistakes. When writing a story/poem/novel or whatever literature offers us, you should always use a word-processing program to easily see wrong spelling mistakes. But don't get me wrong, it's a promising retelling of the Fourth Generation, the way we see it from different angles and such. Keep 'em coming, docowocool.

Years
Thank you for your review Daniel Evans.

Yes, I have noticed that there are some mistakes. Since I am typing on wordpad, and have no way of installing another word procsser. I will get round to proof reading soon, and am halfway through Chapter 2. I appreciate your kind words.

Back