• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I was playing the Live Beta, so when I clicked Reset in my VBA, it restarted the game, and that I didn't know what was going on, so hours later, I clicked it again, and it started it over again. Is this a bug or glitch, I used a clean V 1.0 FireRed Rom so does that happen.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
howcome whenever I get to the legendary dogs in the burn tower on my gameboid.. my game freezes? and I need to do that event so i can face the ecruteak gym leader!!! help?!?! also whenever a metapod or kakuna does "harden" the game always freezes for me there...?

How in the world do you know if a fire red rom is "clean" or not? sorry don't mean to spam lol

Last edited:

Childish_Gavino

*Witty Phrase*
Years
This hack is amazing! I might even say I like this more than HG/SS! So far I've gotten to Olivine City.

I'm having a bit of an issue with the day care people. I can't put pokemon there. I thought all I had to do was hatch the egg first, but now the egg hatched and I still can't do it. The day care man speaks to me as if I already have a pokemon there. When I talk to him he keeps saying "Your Cutter is doing fine." But Cutter is in my party. And sometimes he says "Your /36 is doing fine." And the Day Care Lady keeps asking if I know about eggs.

Another thing is that when I taught my Quilava overheat, I noticed that Krabby can also learn it...I don't think it should...and I don't know about this one but I taught my Breloom Dragon Claw. It has claws but I don't remember if it was actually able to learn Dragon Claw....

Also, not really an issue but just a question. Is there any way to catch Staryu in this game? I looked at the pokemon locations FAQ for the 2.0 beta, and it says you can catch one by fishing. I tried the old rod and good rod, and all I find are Krabby and sometimes Shuckle and Tentacool near Olivine city.

Other than those things, this hack is amazing and well done! I have nothing but high hopes for the full game!

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
I'm having a bit of an issue with the day care people. I can't put pokemon there. I thought all I had to do was hatch the egg first, but now the egg hatched and I still can't do it. The day care man speaks to me as if I already have a pokemon there. When I talk to him he keeps saying "Your Cutter is doing fine." But Cutter is in my party. And sometimes he says "Your /36 is doing fine." And the Day Care Lady keeps asking if I know about eggs.

I'm having exactly the same problem with the day care.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Does anyone know why is it that when i enter Goldenrod City the first time some script appears?( talking about the SEVII ISLAND )

is this a bug ?

That script is from FireRed, so simply re-patch to a new ROM and it should fix it.

howcome whenever I get to the legendary dogs in the burn tower on my gameboid.. my game freezes? and I need to do that event so i can face the ecruteak gym leader!!! help?!?! also whenever a metapod or kakuna does "harden" the game always freezes for me there...?

How in the world do you know if a fire red rom is "clean" or not? sorry don't mean to spam lol

Sadly both of these are known bugs. To fix the dogs event you can do it on VBA on the PC and then put the save back on to Gameboid.

This hack is amazing! I might even say I like this more than HG/SS! So far I've gotten to Olivine City.

Another thing is that when I taught my Quilava overheat, I noticed that Krabby can also learn it...I don't think it should...and I don't know about this one but I taught my Breloom Dragon Claw. It has claws but I don't remember if it was actually able to learn Dragon Claw....

Also, not really an issue but just a question. Is there any way to catch Staryu in this game? I looked at the pokemon locations FAQ for the 2.0 beta, and it says you can catch one by fishing. I tried the old rod and good rod, and all I find are Krabby and sometimes Shuckle and Tentacool near Olivine city.

Other than those things, this hack is amazing and well done! I have nothing but high hopes for the full game!

I do apologise for the Daycare, as I think I know what is the issue now and It will be fixed.

UPDATE: Well, there's not many updates right now.. My time vanished away over the holidays and I didn't get much done on anything I planned to do. But, I should apologise since I said I would be back here in a few days, and it's been a few weeks. I finish uni on May 14th and will have 5 months off. I plan to do as much on LC as possible, most likely the remaining islands or something big. I know for sure that Kanto is gonna get some new areas like Johto did. Until then, not much to say apart from sorry for all the bugs!

EDIT: Check the latest Live Beta, I *think* I just fixed the Day Care quickly...

Last edited:
Years
yes your 5 months off from uni will definitely rip up the hack progress .. yes i am looking forward to it..

Just a quick question for anyone.. Where am i supposed to find poliwag..is it available only in day time?
I have started to play hack on my pc now as i previously could not progress at 1 route in kanto when i was playing it on my cell

Last edited:
Years
Just a quick question for anyone.. Where am i supposed to find poliwag..is it available only in day time?

It's weird that you can't find any because I'm sure I've seen some at several places in the game, starting with route 30. I couldn't tell what time of day you find them, though.

I also have a question : I'm in Essence Town in Valencia Island, and can't seem to find the old woman's blackglasses. She says she's lost them "somewhere around here", but I've looked for them everywhere in the town and on the routes around it using the Itemfinder, and didn't find anything.

linkandzelda

Years
It's weird that you can't find any because I'm sure I've seen some at several places in the game, starting with route 30. I couldn't tell what time of day you find them, though.

I also have a question : I'm in Essence Town in Valencia Island, and can't seem to find the old woman's blackglasses. She says she's lost them "somewhere around here", but I've looked for them everywhere in the town and on the routes around it using the Itemfinder, and didn't find anything.

Those glasses cannot be found using the Itemfinder. The A button it is... xD

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I find this unusual that Ralts isn't here, in my last time attempts I tried finding these, I found like 2-3 of them in 30 minutes, now in 2 hours in its new save state, I couldn't find just 1, I'm in Route 31(between Cherrygrove and Violet City) in my new save state, but I just find Poliwag, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Spinarak, Ledyba, Hoothoot, and Sentret, and I know that Hoenn Pokemon are rare. And like I said in my last 2 posts, why did my game automatically started over in the Live Beta and where could I get Houndour because I need a good Fire Type, sorry if I annoy you, I just wanted help.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
Well, I'm guessing this is just me, I'm playing the live beta (I think) and it's super broken. All trainer battles except rivals battles don't work. I can walk by them and talk to the trainers and they NEVER work. Then when I get to the top of bellsprout tower(Note none of the trainers battled me their also) or whatever it's called in the first town, my VBA screen went totally red. Could it be my Fire Red rom? I downloaded it from Cool Roms were I get all of my roms, I've played hacks before and this has never happened to me. All help would be appreciated, also I'm on Mac.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Hello! I have to say this is a really good game but I came across a glitch part way into the Goldenrod Team Rocket part. While in the underground place where you use the three switches it isn't working the 1st switch on the far right doesn't say it is going into the on position and the third switch(the far left) goes on. I can't seem to get it to work, any suggestions?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Well, I'm guessing this is just me, I'm playing the live beta (I think) and it's super broken. All trainer battles except rivals battles don't work. I can walk by them and talk to the trainers and they NEVER work. Then when I get to the top of bellsprout tower(Note none of the trainers battled me their also) or whatever it's called in the first town, my VBA screen went totally red. Could it be my Fire Red rom? I downloaded it from Cool Roms were I get all of my roms, I've played hacks before and this has never happened to me. All help would be appreciated, also I'm on Mac.

The Mac version of VBA isn't supported. It's outdated and can't support one of the new hacks applied to LC, a major one as it turns out. We repointed and extended the trainerflags into free memory. However, because of the version of the save block hack we used, only a handful of emulators support it.

We plan to change to the newer version in the next full beta/release candidate. This is the case because changing the save block hack immediately corrupts any existing save game and forces a restart.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
I don't know if it makes any difference, but to avoid any trainer bugs in further gameplay I used the reset box in my bedroom. It was the first thing I did after starting a new game. I'm playing it on Gameboid, won 4 badges already and the only bugs i've encountered so far are:

-> 90% of the pokemon in game world are not what the game says they are. This one is pretty funny actually. You enter a house and see a pidgeotto, you speak to it and the game goes "BUTTERFREE:Freeh!" lol
-> the day care bug. i'm testing the new live beta right now to see if it's fixed. BTW I don't even know if it's possible to reload my save after I patch again. Can I? (I'll probably make backups and do it anyway, so i'll learn that by myself :) )

Even the legendary dogs event in ecruteak went totally fine. Loving the hack so far.

edit: DAY CARE: no good, unfortunately. Now the old man says "Your BICYCLE's doing fine." LOL and even though it seems I can now put pokemon there, the old lady claims I already have one with them. If I accept it back, nothing happens. But when I check with her again, again she tells me I already have a pokemon there which is a... bad egg. :( anyway, I didn't try to leave one of my pokemon with them because of the bad egg. Those are evil and scare me to death. I heard my Android phone will explode if I get one.

p.s.: scr** the day care anyway! train the mofos! lol

Last edited:
Years
I find this unusual that Ralts isn't here, in my last time attempts I tried finding these, I found like 2-3 of them in 30 minutes, now in 2 hours in its new save state, I couldn't find just 1, I'm in Route 31(between Cherrygrove and Violet City) in my new save state, but I just find Poliwag, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Spinarak, Ledyba, Hoothoot, and Sentret, and I know that Hoenn Pokemon are rare. And like I said in my last 2 posts, why did my game automatically started over in the Live Beta and where could I get Houndour because I need a good Fire Type, sorry if I annoy you, I just wanted help.
You could try with GROWLITHE. its a decent fire type and is available early in the game..

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
How do I get rayquaza now? I've already captured Groudon and Kyogre (like the guide says, but the guide's quite out dated now), but I still get that unending staircase thingy. Do I have to catch articuno/moltres/zapdos first? Or what?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2012
Ive got a problem can someone help me?
1. I have beat the elite four twice and Red at Mt.Silver but oak hasnt given me my pass so when do i get it so i can go the orange islands/
2. I am at Dragons Den for the 2nd time where i talked to giovanni and lance so where do i find my rival?

linkandzelda

Years
How do I get rayquaza now? I've already captured Groudon and Kyogre (like the guide says, but the guide's quite out dated now), but I still get that unending staircase thingy. Do I have to catch articuno/moltres/zapdos first? Or what?

If you go back to where Kyouge used to be, that might help.

Ive got a problem can someone help me?
1. I have beat the elite four twice and Red at Mt.Silver but oak hasnt given me my pass so when do i get it so i can go the orange islands/
2. I am at Dragons Den for the 2nd time where i talked to giovanni and lance so where do i find my rival?

Answering 2 will solve 1. So, there's an entrance right where you talk to Gio.

Icemasters

The Lurker Here
Years
is rayquaza obtainable? i already have groudon and kyogre i have ruby and sapphire gems but when i go for rayquaza im still running to infinity and beyond.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey guys, i'm at kanto, in celadon city, what i have to do next, i earned vermillion gym badge, then defeat saturn team on saffron and earned celadon gym badge, i think i forgot to battle against sabrina, oh, and where is the "elemental hyperbeams" (blast burn, hydro cannon and frenzy plant) tutor?, are hoenn starters aviable?

P.S: after i get to defeat sabrina, what should i do next?, either way, is there any COMPLETE walkthrough of this beta?, i don't care if its on youtube or documents...

Back