• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Your overuse of "big" words is starting to concern me. I'm not joking. It seriously is. :/
Not because I fear you're getting smarter than me(lol) but because doing so tends to show. Idk.. superiority.
But then again I'd be accepting that I am inferior.

The fact that this game has been in production for 2 years is concerning, huh? Let's think of it this way.

I have a life off of the computer and off of PC. I really do.
And yup, I've been pondering to close the project.

I really don't want to, because I spent 2 years wasting time on my slow computer compiling and compiling again, coming back with some plethora of so-called amazing news to say to the bit of people who actually give a crap about this game, and then returning once again to the game and yet wasting time altogether, because if this game was actually finished it is bound to be laughed at and sat on so that I can cherish that for my life. Cherish it.
Yet I go on and on talking about my life, which I know is totally unimportant.

Whaddya know, this idiot talking right now goes begging for attention again. Yeah, that's the good old Nyu.

After realizing how many times a day I get ripped off and cheated on I think I've come to realize something.
I'm an attention-hungry lowlife cursed by the beautiful gift of sensitivity.

I think you get the point.
No matter how hard I work on anything, it will turn out useless. I'm recreating something I totally hate here. A copy of a game that does the same thing every single time.

I'm not mad at any of you.
I'm mad at myself.

Hm...I'm not sure what to say here, I don't want to try to appease you, and I certainly don't want to make you angrier, so I'll just say the straight truth. No sugar coating.
When I first criticized the game, I was a noob just trying to act cool, and I was in no position to since I'm nowhere near you're talent level. Sure, I'll admit the graphics and sprites were subpar, but then again most pixel artists, in my experience have been recruited from deviantart, which contains a plethora of them. I think this game had a chance to succeed, although your word is better than mine in the current situation. Tbh I could care less if there wasn't a single demo for 2 years, I can wait. I mean Malachite, one of my favorite fangames on the whole forum hasn't released a demo, but I keep faith in PokemonOI (who is working solo atm) until he says the project is done (which I hope won't happen). You should work for yourself first, then the community. I may have joined in March '10, but I have been stalking the game dev section for a long time, and it seems like now that people march in and demand a demo, showing no concern for the team and pace of the project. This bugs me a LOT me tbh, but I really can't ask anyone to change. Its a shame this project had to close and good luck in your future endeavors.
(I'm expecting a Tl;dr here, but eh I hope you take the time to read it)

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
I'm just going to throw the files at some other idiot and get the hell out.
I can't stand my life anymore.

Thank you, Ace. You've been a good friend.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
Years
Apologies... I mean... sorry. I have a vast... big vocabulary.
Anyways... I think, you should, not give it up. Your life isn't something to be wasted. It's not merely... I mean... just... starting here. Life is so large and it has meaning. You're what, 15? It's not all just in the first years. Life is great and big- and 10 years from now, it won't matter how life went when you were so young... cleary something happened... you aren't so glad and cheerful anymore. I don't even know if she's still alive right now... but if you are, read this and take it to heart.

~Will

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
OHMYGOSHIT'SBEENALMOSTAMONTH

oof, life has only gotten worse since then..
but I'm looking for someone else to handle the files and be the leader of the game.
Any of you up for it?

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
WHY dont u pause this for a while until u have time and can come back !! and focus on your studies for a while, and not give much time to this until u have the tme for this.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
it's not that easy, Freak.
I will NEVER have time, I'll tell you that..
nor do I actually really want to work on it anymore. I just don't want it to completely die. It has a lot more potential than this..

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Heya guys!
This thread will be closed. Don't worry though, later on I should be able to get someone else in charge to reboot the game. Thanks.
Till then.. er, stay gold. lol.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I'll go ahead and lock this now. Whenever you want it back um, then just PM either me or Yuoaman.

-locked-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back