• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
God damn it, brain! Why must you have so many ideas? Now I'm also thinking of a Sonic the Hedgehog RP. But I can't possibly worry about that now. I've got Forsaken still waiting to earn my free time!

Anyways, speaking of that, I might as well spill something about that RP; probably the biggest spoiler yet, the theme.

Forsaken

The theme of this RP, if you haven't figured it out yet, is Guardian Angels. The paired sign-ups will be one human, and one angel whose guardianship is over the human.

Now, all I need is some time.

i might join this!! :o somehow this reminds of a story i'm making, you've probably seen it already on my Facebook, wolfy.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Will it be based off of the classic that was Sonic '06?
it__s___no_use_____by_noseshark-d53r1u7.jpg

Well, uh... I would, but then Silver always shows up and tells me...

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Well, uh... I would, but then Silver always shows up and tells me...

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

O.o regardless your RP ideas cease to intrigue me. I'm not a fan of the direction Sonic has been heading lately although I haven't played any of the games with Silver in them which might be saying a lot.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Yeah, Sonic has been running downhill (HAHAHAHAHA) lately. It'll likely be something to do with the original series' storylines. (Planet Mobius, Ivo Kintobor (Or "Robotnik") wanting to take it over, the works) On top of that, it'll probably exclude all Canon characters, except of course, the Doctor himself.

Regardless, FORSAKEN comes first. Once I have my laptop repaired, I'll probably put it up. Then if I find free time after, I'll consider the Sonic RP.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Yeah, Sonic has been running downhill (HAHAHAHAHA) lately. It'll likely be something to do with the original series' storylines. (Planet Mobius, Ivo Kintobor (Or "Robotnik") wanting to take it over, the works) On top of that, it'll probably exclude all Canon characters, except of course, the Doctor himself.

Regardless, FORSAKEN comes first. Once I have my laptop repaired, I'll probably put it up. Then if I find free time after, I'll consider the Sonic RP.

I probably will join both unless It appears to me that I'm overloading on RP's although it does bother me any and I have plenty of time to do so daily.

All that says about you is that you have common sense (though Colors and Generations are good).

I wanted to play generations badly.

If you ask me the greatest Sonic release would be Adventures 2 (Battle) seeing as I disliked a lot afterwards. Sonic heroes was bleh and I feel Shadow the Hedgehog had potential. That black knight game was okay.... I feel Chao Garden needs to be implemented seriously back into the series (I miss it so).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
If anyone's up for an oldschool kanto journey, feels like writing a trainer story but needs help with creativity or just have way too much free time, you should take a look at echo; A Kanto Journey. Oldie or newbie doesn't matter, only your will to write and love for Servine pokémon.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, if it gets enough attention, you are welcome to take the responsibility of organising it, though I had no real plans of doing that. If one fills out a small template when posting content, it would be easy enough to browse through it all without it getting too cluttered. A first post with a link to every single post would be VERY cluttered. I'd personally actually prefer a clutter in the thread itself. It's like a table at a clothes shop where they shove all the stuff on sale on it and you have to pick through it all to find the good stuff. Or a thread you browse through on a rainy day when you feel a little writer's blocked.

Though, if you want to keep it as a place where you take and give, you could try a 'leave a penny, take a penny' approach, where you can only take ideas and claim if you contribute to the thread, though there is no real way of keeping track of that legitimately.

So, I kinda support a 'fill a small template when posting and thats really it' way. It's very easily manageable.

OKEY DOKEY.
I can organize; I want to organize. LET ME ORGANIZE. xD
I'm weird like that. So, yes, I am interested in being the organizer.
Then I can be the Vault Keeper, since Rika took The Librarian position. d:

I'm not in favor. Let me explain why.

Spoiler:

-.-
. . . -.-
. . . . . . -.-
. . . . . . . . . omigawd, I hate you

I'M STILL WORKING ON A JOURNEY ROLEPLAY. Although, in an original region. Y'know. That one with the islands. That I made. Two years ago. Almost three. The one that I've been remaking for two years, but not really because I forgot about it for a while. It's coming. No idea when, but it is. LOOK OUT FOR IT.

S-Sonic HEROES. S-S-Sonic, HEROES!
Sorry to say, but that game amused me thoroughly. Granted, it's been a few years since I got to play it, although hopefully my boyfriend is letting me steal his Xbox version of it soon. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If anyone's up for an oldschool kanto journey, feels like writing a trainer story but needs help with creativity or just have way too much free time, you should take a look at echo; A Kanto Journey. Oldie or newbie doesn't matter, only your will to write and love for Servine pokémon.

asdfghjkl; Rika I love you. <3

"free time" for me = Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays, basically...because I have loads of free time during those days. Weee!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ naku, I didn't do it because I wanted attention, I hope you know :P I just missed the library and think it's a good thread to have as long as it actually gets updated enough to be reliable.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, seeing as I've got this all figured out, I'll probably work on and post the FORSAKEN OOC thread once my laptop is sent in. Then I'll just handle the sign-ups for it until the laptop comes back and I get everything set up.

As for now... HYRULE could use some more players!

Nakuzami

Years
@ naku, I didn't do it because I wanted attention, I hope you know :P I just missed the library and think it's a good thread to have as long as it actually gets updated enough to be reliable.

You lie! It was all for the attention and the attention only!

//I kid, I kid.
I know, lol. I really do just feel like organizing a thread like this, though. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN MY DREAM I'm weird like that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah
So I should probably work on some of my roleplays.
AND I CAME UP WITH ANOTHER ONE. If I even decide to do it, I think I'ma call it Infinity Wars. I'll leave y'all with that little tidbit for now, because I don't really feel like explaining it.
Now, which roleplay should I work on first? @_@

Years
Okay I have a question for everyone.

What is your opinion on GMs taking part in their own RPs and do you ever take part in yours?

Since it wouldn't be fair for me to not answer my own question I'll say this: When I have an idea for an RP it is usually something I would enjoy taking part in and so more often than not I'll take part in my own even if I am a GM. I see no problem with someone doing so if they don't use their authority as the GM to spin things in their favour.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Okay I have a question for everyone.

What is your opinion on GMs taking part in their own RPs and do you ever take part in yours?

Since it wouldn't be fair for me to not answer my own question I'll say this: When I have an idea for an RP it is usually something I would enjoy taking part in and so more often than not I'll take part in my own even if I am a GM. I see no problem with someone doing so if they don't use their authority as the GM to spin things in their favour.

Being a GM and taking part of their own roleplay is pretty fun, I would say! Buuuuut, you need to take this into serious consideration when you're playing as a character as well. I learned this the hard way when I was GMing my Super Smash Bros. roleplay. I closed it because I was just too busy that I couldn't handle both parts. I'd say you'd need loads of free time in order to do both parts.

I'm not saying OH THIS CRAP SUCKS LOLOLOL but it's literally the choice of the GM themselves. Are you willing to take in the responsibility as a game master and as your character(s)? (I mean, that depends on how many characters you make for your own roleplays, whether NPCs or otherwise). Are you a good multitasker? Can you handle pressure? Then go for it. Nothing's stopping ya. :P

My next roleplay (the medieval journey roleplay) will be a roleplay that I'll be GMing but will not participate, because I'm busy balancing schoolwork and other roleplays and my exploding social life. lol Remember, when you create your roleplay...remember that you aren't really forced to participate! You're at least participating as a GM and that's okay. :)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I always take part in my own roleplays :/ and I don't thinki'm using my GM powers to put things in my favor. It's just pretty fun to take part in your own roleplays ^^ but Leafy here is right, you need loads of free time ^^

Nakuzami

Years

I've only made two . . . three . . . three roleplays, plus one I co-GMed. I . . . think . . . I participated in at least three of the four.
In the ones that I'm making now, there are some that I plan to participate in and some that I don't. It's a lot easier to just simply GM, I guess, although I've yet to try that.

It's perfectly fine for a GM to partake in their own roleplays, so long as they can manage it and they don't favor themselves over other roleplayers and whatnot.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I think it's great, as long as the GM doesn't go and do everything perfectly in the RP just because they technically know what's supposed to happen. I find it useful to make a character really, cause then if the RPers are getting off track or simply seem like they are going to be wandering around in the wrong places for the rest of the RP, I can use my character to set them on the right track. True, NPCs can be useful for that too, but I believe having your own character makes it simpler. Besides, it's boring to just sit back and watch others enjoy the RP you made~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back