• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Embarrassing Moment?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 24, 2014
In Pokémon Platinum, I got lost in the Dimension World thing. After hours of searching, I ragequit the game and deleted my save file because at that time I had no clue about walkthroughs online.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
I played Pokémon Diamond and Platinum. While first playing Diamond I didn't knew about the X and Y buttons and could not save the game lol

Then in Diamond only I used Rare Candy cheat and got 999 Rare Candies and used it as follows, I got Riolu Egg from Riley, I hatched it after I completed the league, levelled it upto 20 using Exp. Share and then got annoyed and used loads of Rare Candies and levelled it upto 50 and no use, then I came to know that it should be levelled up in morning and with high friendship. Then I left it like that :\ and trained my Riolu very nicely on White 2 after learning the lesson :p

On Platinum I did a stupid thing which deleted my saved game lol
I don't remember the key combination, but I read it somewhere and used it and my saved file was deleted but as I play on emulators I had a copy of it other folder and I was saved :)

Agous

Solid Mercury?
Years
Lets See...
Breaking Down crying going through the distortion world and losing multiple times to the double battle trainer in front of Veilstone City.

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Most embarassing moment EVER:

On Pokemon Ruby - It was 2004 and I discovered about Rayquaza.
I reached the top of the tower after 2 hours and saved in front of him.
The first time he shows up... BOOM, shiny!
I made him weak, then I paralyzed him with ThunderWave but at the end, guess what?
... NO POKéBALLS!

That was the sickest embarassing moment while playing Pokémon, not only because I missed the shiny, but also because I had to get down the tower, buy some Timer Balls and Ultra Balls (I've had already used the Masterball for Latios at that time) and climb again the Sky Pillar!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
In Pearl when I used a single Pokemon and it took me forever to beat the game. I absolutely could NOT get past Gardenia and I could never beat the E4. Eventually I ended up beating Cynthia with Struggle. :\

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
I remember when I first got Diamond I just skipped through the instructions and then I couldn't find out how to open the menu because they changed it from start to Y!

Yup. This happened to me as well. :P

Another embarrassing moment that happened to me at the beginning of Diamond, is that I had no idea that the DS clock tells time in a different way than your usual clock, so I actually had the time entered incorrectly. When I first started Diamond, I noticed it was night in the game (I was playing in the morning) and actually thought that the game was messed up. Eventually I figured out what the real problem was. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2013
I think when a shiny staravia whirl winded me.

That was absolutely not funny

And friends didn't believe it x.x

Last edited:
Years
I guess it was when I had a problem with the fact that they changed the Start- Select buttons to X - Y haha. I remember I was so confused haha. At the beggining it made me hate the game, but now I am used to it ! lol

SkySpoon

SkySpoon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Well when I was playing Pokemon ruby, I really neglected training my Pokemon and buying items. The result?
I had 0 items right before fighting steven, and my pokemon had taken a big beating, and I really didn't want to go back to the start. Groudon (yes yes ik I noob) learned rest right before and I had to use that to heal up :(

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Most embarassing moment EVER:

On Pokemon Ruby - It was 2004 and I discovered about Rayquaza.
I reached the top of the tower after 2 hours and saved in front of him.
The first time he shows up... BOOM, shiny!
I made him weak, then I paralyzed him with ThunderWave but at the end, guess what?
... NO POKéBALLS!

That was the sickest embarassing moment while playing Pokémon, not only because I missed the shiny, but also because I had to get down the tower, buy some Timer Balls and Ultra Balls (I've had already used the Masterball for Latios at that time) and climb again the Sky Pillar!

I forgot to say another thing about that episode:
It was more embarassing than ever for me because when then I reached the Top of the Sky Pillar again I resetted the game continuously for 2 hours trying to encounter Shiny Rayquaza again... eventually I severally damaged the Battery of my Game Boy Advance SP and I had to bought another one... and my mom was so desperated that she said that she would buy another one only the next birthday (in 2005!) but fortunately my family was already split in 2 so my dad bought one and a year after my mom bought for me Pokemon Sapphire instead of another game boy LOL.

Outlier

I can't remember if it was Diamond or the first Mystery Dungeon, but I had a guide book for one of those games in my bag for some reason. It fell out of of my bag while I was trying to open my locker at high school! I thoroughly scanned the area with my eyes like a cyborg to see if there were any witnesses that had to be eliminated. Luckily for me no one was around to see my embarrassment and not a single person had to be killed that day.

Yukari

Never really had an embarrassing moment closest thing was not knowing they changed the pause from start to Y (I tried every button one by one)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Bringing only a Poke Ball and an Ultra Ball to capture Uxie........
Or does starting with Chikorita count? 'Cause that wasn't good.
Or what about losing to my rival in the first battle in Platinum?
How about bringing exactly 1 revive into the Elite Four with an under leveled team?
No ice Pokemon in Platinum?
Thinking that a Kadabra would be sufficient to beating Fantina?
My misadventures of raising a Magikarp from level 5 to Gyradous? (no, that was kinda cool)
Thinking that I could actually find a fair GTS trade?

Probably the last one...

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Does having half of my team (I had a team of four at the time, anyway...) fainted by PI Carlos' Horn Drilling Goldeen count? I didn't think it'd hit me twice with it... out of two tries.

There was also that double battle with those Ace Trainers, but really, that was me being an idiot in not fainting that Drifblim...

Both of these took place on my most recent run in Platinum, too... maybe I'm losing my touch?

Back