• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Lost Islands League 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

cooltext831799057.png

cooltext831801464.png

Rated T for Teen
Game Master: Nakuzami
IC Thread ::
OOC Thread
You are here!

CLOSED due to inactivity. Look for The Lost Islands League Ω in the near future.

★Prologue

The young professor rushed down the corridor, biting her lip over a bad piece of news that she had just received. It was tragic and she wondered just how much it would hinder the tournament.

"Aurea, what's your hurry?" Carter Rowan turned to the young woman as she practically broke the door down upon entering the lead conference room.

"Nothing good, Carter. Nothing good." Aurea Juniper walked over to the head of the room and placed her hand upon the board, summoning a large, interactive hologram upon its surface. She quickly and expertly navigated through multiple layers of menus until she found the files that she wanted.

Carter Rowan lowered his glasses slightly as he viewed the board in front of Professor Juniper. He placed the book that he had been reading on the table beside him as he walked up and stood next to the younger scientist.

"These are images of yet another attack by our friendly little visitors. This time on Palisade Island," Aurea explained. "Five trainers were injured and all of their pokémon were taken. There was not a single witness, and it happened so fast that none of the victims can recall the events that took place."

"And why are you showing me these?" Rowan asked, neither his face nor tone showing any reaction to the images.

"We can't hold the tournament under such conditions. We would be playing right into the hands of these criminals!" Aurea cried, her eyes burning and arms thrown wide.

"I don't think that a few native trainers being robbed is any reason to cancel such an event. Our trainers can certainly take care of themselves," Carter grunted, stoic yet confident as he thoughtfully stroked his beard.

"Carter . . . ," Aurea sighed, ". . . Cynthia attempted to assist these trainers. She almost died. She's in the hospital, and she's yet to wake since the attack."

This statement seemed to reach Rowan. He looked at Aurea with a shocked expression, speechless.

"It's too late," Rowan stated once he managed to find himself. "Contestants will begin to arrive in the morning. We . . . we must simply keep hope that attacks will decrease; that these petty criminals will be discouraged by hundreds of elite trainers patrolling the islands."

Aurea looked back at the images, the expression in her eyes distant. "I don't know, Carter, but we can only hope." Aurea shut down the hologram and slowly exited the room. Once the door shut behind her, she sighed one last time. "Let's just hope that hope is enough."

★Plot

Background:
Far away from civilization, basking in isolation in the middle of the Atlantic, sits an archipelago of eighteen islands. Long untouched by the scourges brought by mankind, these islands remained untarnished paradises for centuries. It wasn't until thirty-five years ago that these islands were discovered. At first they simply remained a point of study; scientists and archaeologists seeking to unveil the secrets hidden beneath the waves of these lost islands. Within five years of their discovery, people began to migrate to the archipelago. As of yet, no singular country had laid claim upon the islands. So, taking advantage of the opportunity, the International Pokémon League Confederation, or IPLC, moved in. Thanks to this, the newly dubbed "Lost Islands" became a neutral territory, welcoming all and refusing no one.

For the next five years, the IPLC encouraged the inhabitation of the islands, drawing in an influx of immigrants from across the globe. By 1995, the islands had grown immensely, boasting a total population of nearly six million individuals. At this time, the IPLC unveiled their new gem: The Lost Tournament.

The Lost Tournament was to be a grande competition, welcoming trainers from all across the planet. It was to be an entire league consisting of eighteen Arenas, each featuring a different pokémon type and its own unique Arena Medal. The tournament would host five hundred elite trainers that would be handpicked by tournament officials. Of course, they still had to pass the preliminary tests. Lastly, this tournament was to be held every five years.​

Present Day:
The year is 2020 and preparations for the sixth Lost Tournament are coming to a close. Six hundred trainers have been picked and have passed the preliminary testing and are finally making their ways to the legendary Lost Islands. Bags are being packed, pokémon are being prepared, and the inhabitants of the Lost Islands are getting geared up to welcome a fresh batch of trainers.

Even the islands are not without their flaws, however. Anything can go wrong just as easily as in any other location. There's also the fact that there's been a recent rise in attacks and robberies all across the islands. People and pokémon have even turned up missing, and no one has yet been able to identify the culprits. It is assumed that the attacks are linked, although no solid evidence has been reported to prove this to be true. It is known, however, that the culprits are dangerous, organized, and cunning enough to get away with it all unnoticed.

As well as the disasters caused by man, there has also been an interesting increase in natural phenomena around the islands. Pokémon have become more agitated, defending their territories more vigorously and attacking people more often. Certain species have also shown abnormal behaviors throughout the archipelago, baffling the scientists and pokémon professors.

Citizens have also noticed that the various shrines of the archipelago, which predate any known human existence on the islands, appear to have been disturbed. No one is sure what to make of it, but it is possible that these disturbances are what have created the upset among the pokémon. Some of the more superstitious inhabitants have taken it as a sign to cancel the tournament and keep outsiders at bay.

Crazy, right? Well, the festivities must go on!​

★Islands

lE9hBGV.png

Map created by Grif of Hearts
The Lost Islands may be new to humans, but they are not without their lore. Across the islands there are strange altars and writings in the Unown script, and it is thought that the strange shards strewn around the archipelago may even have some connection to Arceus.

Details on the individual islands will be added as we get to them.

Kentrik
Spoiler:

Drymos [dree-mohs]
Spoiler:

Aploim [ah-plo-eem]
Spoiler:

Palisade
Spoiler:

Oros [oar-ohs]
Spoiler:

Tarrigys [tare-ih-gice]
Spoiler:

Thanis [thay-nihs]
Spoiler:

Kyoni [kai-oh-nee]
Spoiler:

Skotadi [skoh-tah-dee]
Spoiler:

Ergasali [air-gah-sah-lee]
Spoiler:

Anachor [an-uh-kor]
Spoiler:

Dileos [deel-ee-us]
Spoiler:

Proveia [pro-vay-uh]
Spoiler:

Dasto [dah-stow]
Spoiler:

Neronos [neer-oh-nohs]
Spoiler:

Fogavma [foe-gahv-muh]
Spoiler:

Vronti [vrohn-ti]
Spoiler:

Mythos [mee-thohs]
Spoiler:

Neraida [nare-ay-duh]
Spoiler:

★Your Role

You are a contestant partaking in the Lost Tournament. For whatever reason, one of the six regional professors has taken enough interest in you to deem you worthy of entering the Lost Tournament. Whether it's due to past feats that you have achieved or because of the potential that they have seen in you, that matters little. All contestants start out at square one: new pokémon, new items, new everything. As far as the tournament is concerned, you're just another trainer aiming to be the best. You shall travel the Lost Islands, collect medals and earn your spot in the Lost Tournament, and perhaps one of you may even earn the title of the Lost Hero. There will no doubt be many obstacles that you will face, but as a Pokémon Trainer, it is your duty to overcome these challenges.

From here on out, you are just another trainer without any knowledge of the challenges that await you.

From here on out, you are alone.

Good luck.

★Rulez

• All Pokécommunity roleplay rules apply.
  • The roleplay is rated T for Teen, meaning no excessive swearing, violence, or romance. These things are fine in moderation.
  • Try to be active! At least one post a week is recommended. If you disappear for an extended period of time without giving a reason why, you may be kicked from the roleplay.
  • No Godmodding or powerplaying.
  • No bunnying the character of another user unless you have been given permission to do so.
  • Mary Sues/Gary Stus will be fed to the Sharpedo.
  • Be respectful of your fellow roleplayers.
  • Mechanics are as follows:
    1. There will be levels, but it will be up to you to decide when your own pokémon will level up. Let me know when you do so that I can update my own data accordingly. I will let you know if I think you need to change the pacing of your leveling up.
    2. Pokemon will not instantly learn a new move. Instead, they will figure out the basics of the new move, and they will have to practice it in order to perfect it. If you want a move to be learned in any other manner, please ask me.
    3. When catching a pokémon, end your post with the pokémon entering the poké ball. I will decide on whether or not the capture was successful.
  • To be sure that you have read these rules, put "I'm Lost!" as the Password on your Sign-Up.
  • Good luck, have fun!

★Lost Application

(Sign-Up Sheet)

Name | (First and last. Middle and nicknames are optional.)
Date of Birth | (Ex. January 1st, 2013)
Gender | (Male or female, unless a new gender has recently been discovered.)
Hometown | (Town, Region)
Password | (Did you read it?)

Appearance | (What does your character look like? Physical aspects such as basic build, height, weight, facial features, hair style, hair and eye color, et cetera, as well as the style of clothing they wear.)

Personality | (What does your character act like? How do they think? How's their social and personal lives, relationship-wise? Anything else, like sexual orientation or something? Get creative, get detailed(as detailed as you can get, at least)!)

History | (Any and all major and/or important events that have taken place in your character's life thus far. What was their childhood like? Are they an experienced trainer? Have they done anything worth mentioning? So long as they haven't become a Trainer God, it's all good.)

Starter Pokémon
(You may have either two pure-typed pokémon, or one dual-typed pokémon.)

Species | (Basic or Baby form)
Gender | (Male or Female. If it's genderless, why not assign it one?)
Name |
Moveset | (Any and all moves that the pokémon would learn up until level fifteen. One TM/Egg move is allowed.)​

Writing Sample | (Just to see what your style of writing is like. Make it about the day that your character received their invitation to the Lost Tournament.)

Miscellaneous | (Anything that hasn't been covered above that you feel is worth mentioning.)​

★Those Who Are Lost

(Accepted Roleplayers)

Celeste Astra Noviella as played by Nakuzami
Alistair Julius Caineworth Jr. as played by [user]Grif of Hearts[/user]
Tamber Mose as played by [user]Albunnie[/user]
Yvain Uther as played by [user]Kranic[/user]
Romulus Damian Rainier as played by [user]ThaTruth[/user]
Lara Bayon as played by [user]Zorogami[/user]
[RESERVED]Erik Daniel Roseberry as played by ZeganZoma
Seth Anton as played by [user]Century[/user]
[OPEN]
[OPEN]​

Last edited:

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
This looks awesome O.o

Here's my SU in progress:

Name | Redael (Red) Specter
Date of Birth | November 7th 1998
Gender | Male
Hometown | Pallet Town, Kanto
Password | To be honest, I'm Lost!

Appearance | Is a picture acceptable here? if so, then here:

Looks like this, minus the Pikachu :p . He has a dark green pair of glasses and lacks the gloves. He has a red coat which he insists on wearing regardless of weather and a pair of red converse (I'm beginning to see pattern here...)

Personality | Red is very creative and a fantastic battler, taking great pleasure in coming up with strange and unusual ways to solve problems and combat any battling threats (one time he threw his charmander while it used fire blast to create a fiery tornado so that he could toast some bread...). He has significant ADHD, and although some people see this as a problem, he considers it to be one of his best traits. Because of this he is rarely seen without a Rubix cube or a puzzle of some-sort to occupy himself, although he regularly takes apart and rebuilds whatever he can find, seemingly oblivious to the impact it has on other people, resulting in some slight sociopathic tendencies, namely downright refusing to talk to anyone who he feels as beneath him. These tendencies could also attribute to how he solves problems the most straight forward way he can, which did end up resulting in setting fire his house while cooking because "the fire wasn't big enough"...

History | (Any and all major and/or important events that have taken place in your character's life thus far. What was their childhood like? Are they an experienced trainer? Have they done anything worth mentioning? So long as they haven't become a Trainer God, it's all good.)
Starter Pokémon

Species | Froakie
Gender | Male
Name | ShadowDaFrog
Moveset | Water Pulse
Water Pledge
Quick Attack
Spikes
Writing Sample | (Just to see what your style of writing is like. Make it about the day that your character received their invitation to the Lost Tournament.)

Miscellaneous | My starter's shiny (If that's allowed, just thought it might be fun to have a black Greninja at some point :d )

Last edited:

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
Oh this looks interesting. Put me down for a reservation, I should have my SU done by the day. X3

Eat me.

I'm food
Years
i'll join! here's the progress of my SU...and i still got some questions.

Name | Rando Panda
Date of Birth | May 22 1999
Gender | Male
Hometown | New Bark Town, Johto
Password | I don't know, I'm lost!

Appearance | Can i use picture?

Personality | (What does your character act like? How do they think? How's their social and personal lives, relationship-wise? Anything else, like sexual orientation or something? Get creative, get detailed(as detailed as you can get, at least)!)

Starter Pokémon
(You may have either two pure-typed pokémon, or one dual-typed pokémon.)

Species | Slowpoke
Gender | Female
Name | Mickey
Moveset | Could the Pokemon exceed 4 moves?

Miscellaneous | (Anything that hasn't been covered above that you feel is worth mentioning.)​

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Name | Alistair Julius Caineworth Jr.
Date of Birth | January 20th. Thirty two years old.
Gender | Male.
Hometown | Resort Area/Snowpoint City.
Password | Am I Lost or am I found?

Appearance | Tall and lanky, Alistair stands over six feet tall and is so out of proportion that he may as well be a cartoon. His limbs are long and thin with bony joints that seem to be in all the wrong places. Yet he manages to command a surprising degree of grace over his clumsy frame, looking far more dignified than most would in his position. His skin, naturally pale from a family long based in Snowpoint, has been given a little more colour from his frequent trips to the Resort Area and helps to define his angular features. A pair of sharp, silvery eyes peer out from behind the light blonde locks that spill from the top of his head, brushed neat and kept tidy but a little too long to be entirely successful. His jawline is, usually, kept closely shaven.

The styles of a gentleman gone mad, Alistair is no stranger to standing out in the crowd. His attire consists of a three piece suit, although not in the blacks or browns of common businessmen. Oh no. While his dress shirt may be a pristine white and his tie may be scarlet red his blazer, waistcoat and trousers are a striking pastel pink. His shoes and leather belt are a dark black, rather unremarkable in a sense although the outsole of his shoes matches the pink of his suit. His pocket square is a bright red, the same colour as his tie, and the pocket itself usually houses a flower of Alistair's choice.

Personality | Alistair takes after his father. His father, his progenitor and tutor, was an eccentric man with far more money than sense and a taste for the bizarre. Funded by his vast wealth his father's expeditions into the unknown and antics on stage were legendary and always kicked up a storm. Alistair has spared no expense copying the man to the letter in his ambitions and habits. He is a complicated menagerie of spontaneity, ridiculousness, upper class habits and on rare occasions even his intelligence begins to show. Most will learn quickly that the first three are far more prominent features of his. Alistair remains light-hearted and cheerful through the worst of times, never giving away a sign that he might be saddened and always keeping up his almost regal sense of charm. It is this flamboyant, larger than life nature that makes him what he truly is. Alistair is a natural born showman, eager to take on the world and give it its most exciting performance yet with nothing more than a few Pokéballs on his belt and the fire in his stomach.

History | Alistair Julius Caineworth, a name that is always followed by either an irritated groan or a soft chuckle. Only child of the Caineworths an incredibly rich and infamously eccentric family living in Snowpoint city, Alistair was heir to the family fortune. The origins of their fortune spirals back to the thriving sea port that marks Snowpoint but is now fuelled more with the profits from Pokémon contests, investments in the Castelian city stock exchange and payment from the various Sinnoh-based businesses that the Caineworth family have stuck their fingers into. While a lot for one person to manage it ensures a life in the lap of luxury for anyone closely tied to them.

And so while his parents were off at work, Alistair would be at home holding down the fort with a fleet of toys. Despite the legion of carers that looked after him as a child, something which would usually lead to a detachment from one's parents, Alistair still idolised them both. His father specifically, much to his mother's dismay, which led to the nurtured development of his eccentricity. The man was his inspiration; his life. Alistair made every attempt to mimic him. While his mother was indeed a splendid woman she never drew the same level of interest that his father did.

She was a parent. He was a hero.

And that one-sided devotion may have been what drew a wedge between the Caineworth family. Alistair's life is not one filled with tragedy and he would never claim it to be… but the declining relationship of his parents was certainly crippling for him. While they never officially divorced until after Alistair turned twenty they separated shortly after his seventeenth birthday and have barely talked to each other since. It was something that most of the associated of the Caineworth family, and even Alistair to some degree, saw coming. His mother remained in the estate in Snowpoint while his father, once again on the hunt for adventure, moved to the luxurious Resort Area in north-east Sinnoh. Alistair's mother remarried but his father never did, often claiming to be "married to the limelight".

Unlike many, Alistair's experience with Pokémon was not filled with the romantic ideas of battling and training, striving to defeat the Elite Four. One of the few things that his parents shared and what drew them to each other was a love of Pokémon contests and, always the showman, Alistair followed in their footsteps. With a lust for something to keep his mind off of his parents and with a small group of Pokémon compadres, old companions of his parents mostly, he took to the stage like a Psyduck to water. It was not a surprise.

He took on much of the business work from his father when he grew old enough and was out of education, putting the contest work to the side to focus on carrying on the family's various investments. An apprentice for the most part he took on the work whenever his father failed to, whether due to his wild antics or other responsibilities.

When Alistair's father fell ill, too much so to run anything owned by the Caineworths for an extended amount of time, Alistair took his role as head of the industries. Many of the advisors and workers mentioned that it was like there had been no change in leadership at all. He performed quite well, although was still inexperienced and needed time to flourish in the new environment. In time he did, working from his mid-twenties through until his early thirties. His life in the lap of luxury was filled with more responsibility than ever before, but it came with more opportunities and intrigue.

But something was still missing. Isn't it always? That one quality that made his father such a legend in his own eyes. The one thing that Alistair always strove to meet. Adventure. There was none of it in Snowpoint nor the Resort Area. While he longed for it, Alistair felt like he had too much riding on him to suddenly pick up and leave like his father often did. A letter would change all that, addressed to him from his father. It promised adventure, excitement and tickets to a boat ride that was bound to make him feel sick.

But the tickets were for participation in the Lost Islands League, something that had interested him for a long while… it promised a bounty of excitement. A tale of adventure suited only for the grandest romantic tales. Alistair clung to it.

Surely they could cope without him for a month or two.

Starter Pokémon

Species | Misdreavus.
Gender | Female.
Name | Fantôme.
Moveset | Growl, Psywave, Spite, Astonish, Confuse Ray

Species | Druddigon.
Gender | Male.
Name | Eudilon.
Moveset | Leer, Scratch, Hone Claws, Bite, Scary Face​

Writing Sample |

'Mr. Caineworth?'

The young woman held the letter loosely in her hand, flipping it over to see if anything was on the other side. The letter was barren other than the address printed in the top right corner and yet it seemed far more important than it should have been. It was addressed to Mr. Caineworth, that she could be sure of, and usually any messages sent to him that she didn't know of beforehand brought more disaster than Caineworth ever could. This was an oddity. She brushed a lock of raven hair out of her face, scanning over the envelope a second time and then a third.

'Mr. Caineworth?' she called again. The woman peered round through the doorframe, analysing the man she was trying to talk to. A suited figure, garbed in bright colours, was hard at work in an office on the other side of the room, the door left wide open. She could see him mashing keys into a computer like a machine. Or at least a man on fire, desperately hoping that one key would turn on the buildings sprinklers.

Alistair Caineworth glanced up briefly from his work, flashing a smile at his assistant who had scurried towards the doorway, resting against the doorframe as she fixed her composure. If he were truly honest he would have told her that he had noticed her calling the first time. To avoid sounding rude he decided to let it slide, his smile bursting into a grin and his body leaping into action, launching him from his chair into a standing position. He held his arms out wide as if offering the woman a hug but it was never received.

'Miss Annabelle! How may I help you this fine Saturday afternoon?' he exclaimed, his sentence spiralling into a song as it finished.

Her name was actually just Anne. No more and no less. She didn't complain about Caineworth's nicknames and little eccentricities because she knew Alistair meant no ill by it. He also paid her which was a nice reason to put up with someone's antics. Anne held out the letter, holding it between her two fingers. A quick glance at Alistair's computer showed that he was actually playing some old blocky videogame. How productive.

It took her a moment to realise it wasn't even Saturday.

The older man stared at the envelope for a moment, plucking it from his assistant's fingers and reading the address on the front. He flipped it over, digging into the envelope and tearing off the top. His finger and thumb gripped the letter inside which he pulled out just as swiftly as he had opened the envelope. A single slip of paper fell out from the envelope as Alistair pulled out the card, gently gliding to the floor. Alistair didn't pick it up, too intrigued by the postcard. Anne did so for him, more interested in the slip of paper. They each read over what they held, scanning them for information. Alistair held a postcard from one Mr. A. Caineworth Sr. His father.

Alistair received a few letters from the hospital every week or two to let him know of his father's condition but they were always felt forced. It was a topic that Alistair imagined made his father feel worse than any ill could. He expected that he only did it for Alistair's sake, pushed on by his own mothers fear of having her son wracked with worry. The message was brief but to the point, written on the back of a postcard. Alistair recognised the handwriting instantly.

'Go on your own adventure for a change,' muttered Alistair, reading the postcard out loud.

He turned the card around his fingers, smiling at the picture of a Feebas on the other side which looked to be flopping around aimlessly. Alistair caught a glance of Anne's expression as her eyes ran over the slip of paper she held, looking rather bemused at the whole situation. It intrigued Alistair, scanning the woman's soft features for any sign of surprise, worry or excitement.

'Did he say what this was?' she asked.

'Implying father didn't like everything to be dramatic.'

'It's an invitation. A ticket,' replied Anne, passing Alistair the slip of paper.

'Golden?'

It was in fact a faded purple colour, printed with large white letters. It was indeed a ticket deducted Alistair as his eyes scanned the paper. A ticket to adventure. Alistair saw his name, dates, times and the location of the docks which he would need to visit. There were a few terms and conditions scrawled in tiny letters along the bottom and then four words printed in bold along the top of the ticket. Once again, Alistair read them out loud.

'The Lost Islands League,' it said. 'A formal invitation for the holder of this ticket to take part in the annual Lost Islands League.'

He caught a few extra words, written in the corner of the postcard. 'Knock some heads for me'.

Anne had never seen a happier expression on the man's face.

Miscellaneous |​

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I am marking down a reserve spot. Expect an SU probably by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. :3

Nakuzami

Years
Okay! Glad to see some interest. :3

pokeman10000, fantome ecrivain, Eat Me., and Alby4t5; you are all reserved.

Grif, you are, obviously, accepted. ;3

Appearance | Can i use picture?

Species | Slowpoke
Gender | Female
Name | Mickey
Moveset | Could the Pokemon exceed 4 moves?

Yes, you may use a picture, but you must still type up a bit of text to go with it. Mainly things that might not be represented by the picture, such as height and weight, and perhaps a few extra details.

And yes, the pokémon have pretty much infinite move slots, unless I decide to add a cap to it later. I'm currently thinking that fifteen or so moves might be the cap, but it's not set yet.

Name | Redael (Red) Specter
Date of Birth | November 7th 1998
Gender | Male
Hometown | Pallet Town, Kanto

Appearance | Is a picture acceptable here? if so, then here:

Just be careful to not make your character a carbon-copy of Red, considering you've already given him his name, appearance, and hometown. >.>;

I suggest giving some added physical description to set him apart from Red, or perhaps use a different picture altogether.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
390.gif

Species: Chimchar

Name: Fina

Moveset: Ember, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Fire Punch

025f.gif
Species: Pikachu

Name: Viola

Moveset: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch

95bab168-d4bb-489f-8dc9-a4cc308a78ab_zps017c50f9.png

Name: Tamber Mose

Date Of Birth: February 24th, 2003

Hometown: Hearthome City, Sinnoh

Password: I should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque because I think I'm lost.

Appearance: Tamber stands at a height of about 5'6" with a somewhat slender body build. With her fair skin complexion and emerald-green eyes, she is what many would consider to be quite easy to look at. Her hair is kept a bit on the shorter side, reaching just down to the base of her neck, bangs perfectly framing the sides of her face. Oddly enough, she keeps it dyed a bright pink color.

Tamber dresses in what she considers to be a fashionable, yet unique design. Her favorite attire consists of a black tank top with thin black straps around her shoulders and the upper portion of her arms. The top has a dark pink outline along the top that covers her chest, and reveals a portion of her stomach, stopping at just above her navel. She always wears a brown, cycling-style cap upon her head, with pink framed sunglasses resting on top of it. A short, denim skirt is worn around her waist, with a pair of black leggings underneath. Tamber also usually wears a pair of black, wedge-styled sandals on her feet. A pair of somewhat large, earrings are worn in her ears, with a matching bracelet around her left wrist. She is also never seen without her black choker with a pink colored, moon-shaped jewel hanging from the bottom.

Personality: Friendly and outgoing, Tamber is not afraid to get out there and meet new people. She is quite excitable, almost to the point of being somewhat hyper, but it is that energy that she uses to put her best foot forward and always stay thinking on the positive side. A lover of all things cute and fashionable, many would not think that Tamber would be one to enter the competive world of Pokemon battling. However, she has always had a love for the creatures and the thirst for an adventure, one reason in particular that she did not turn down the chance to enter this tournament. Also a vivid fan of Pokemon contests, Tamber has the dream of being able to combine contests and battling, hoping to form a team that can capture the true beauty that exists from the activities. The girl can be a bit ditzy at times, and has been known to get lost in day dreaming quite often.

History: Born and raised in the city of Hearthome in the Sinnoh region, Tamber has always essentially been close to Pokemon and the world of Pokemon contests. Her mother being a coordinator herself in the events, Tamber constantly got a front row seat to her mother's performances and she was always amazed at the sights she saw and the creatures at work. Tamber herself had always wanted to partake in the events as well, but her mother felt that it was far more beneficial for the girl to finish her schooling first, having a proper education to rely on just in case she was not as talented as she was when it came to the creatures.

Although she slightly resented such a decision, Tamber knew that her mother just wanted what was best for her daughter. So, Tamber agreed and time slowly marched on for the girl as she complied with her mother's wishes. The school years seemed to go on for what felt like forever, until Tamber finally reached her senior year in high school.

One day, Tamber happened to be lucky enough to catch a contest that featured her absolute idol, Fantina. The contest and gym leader stole the show, using a strange technique and performance with her Pokemon that seemed to fuse both contest performances and battling. Tamber herself had never seen such a performance before in her life, and she was instantly interested in it. The problem was that while the girl had seen plenty of contests, she had never really watched many battles before... something that many may have considered as odd considering that there was a gym in Hearthome City. Realizing that if she wanted to try a style that the great Fantina used in her performances, Tamber began to spend time in the gym, watching the battles of any challenger who would come to battle the elegant woman in battle. Fantina was not unaware of Tamber's visits, and it was only a matter of time before she found the girl's constant visits to be a bit interesting.

Naturally, it was only a matter of time before the woman questioned Tamber's constant presence in her gym. A bit surprised at her idol actually approaching and talking to her, the girl quickly admitted that she was there in an attempt to learn and develop a style based off of Fantina's own. While the woman was not all that surprised that she had a fan such as Tamber, it always did feel good that someone was so impressed by her performances that they were trying to learn more by observation. Being both a gym leader and a coordinator left Fantina with very little free time, but she agreed to give Tamber some pointers and the like when she had time. Tamber was absolutely beside herself in delight.

Time went by, and Tamber began to improve in both form and presentation. Fantina noticed her talent, but due to her limited amount of her she was not able to really give her the proper training she could use. It was then that an idea formed in the gym leader's head. Getting in contact with Professor Rowan, Fantina highly recommended Tamber for passage into the upcoming Lost Islands League tournament. The event would prove to be a great chance for the teen girl to get more practice and learn while going on an adventure that every teen longed for. Tamber did not have to be told twice when it came time to pack.

Writing Sample

"You can't be serious... right? Like, there's no way?"

Tamber glanced down at the letter in her hand and then slowly back up at her mother. Absolute surprised stretched across the teen's face. It almost looked as if someone had slapped her across the face. Her mother could not help, but smile at her daughter's surprise. A small giggle escaped the older woman's lips at the sight.

"It's true, sweetie," her mother responded. "We all know how much effort you've been putting into trying to develop your own personal coordination routine. Even more so when you started getting a few pointers from Fantina. In fact, it was her idea."

A small smile made its way to Tamber's lips. She had been dreaming of one day getting out and learning more about Pokemon and refining her form. Many other children her age, even some of her friends had left long ago to embark on such activities. Now suddenly, here she was with her chance to do the same thing... Tamber almost did not know what to do. Placing the letter down, the girl reached on her bed for the other item that had been enclosed inside of the envelope with the letter.

It was a purple ticket. The girl's name was printed on it, as well as the date of when her departure would be, the time of said departure and where she needed to be for the departure. Tamber ran her fingers along the ticket, reading the name of the Lost Islands League in her head. She had heard of this league before. One of her friends who was completely absorbed in the competive field of battling had rambled on about it several times. It was supposed to be some sort of elite event, one that an invite was required for one to take place in. Her friend had been working his butt off trying to get one, and now she held a ticket for it in her hands. Tamber had to fight back the urge to pinch herself to make sure this was not some sort of crazy dream.

"Now... You don't have to go if you don't want to, sweetie," her mother began, snapping the girl from her daze. "It is an optional thing, and neither Fantina or myself would be disappointed if you turned it down."

"I wanna go," Tamber whispered.

"It might wanna be something you think about for a bit. I know you've done a bit of training with Fantina and her Pokemon around town, but going on an actual journey, especially this one is an entirely different matter," her mother continued.

"I wanna go," Tamber repeated, her voice a bit louder this time.

"You'll be battling both wild Pokemon and other trainers, veterans and rookies alike. It's not something that you can take lightly, dear."

"I totally wanna go!" The teen blushed deeply, a bit surprised herself about how vocal she had just gotten about the development. She sheepishly looked down from her mother and at the ticket in her hands."Not that I'm like, in a hurry to get away from you or anything like that... It's just, ya know, I've been like, waiting for this moment for a while. I've dreamed about doing something like this since I was a little girl, ya know?"

Tamber's mother's eyes widened at the sudden shout from her daughter, but a warm smile stretched across the woman's face. It really was not any surprise to the woman that her daughter was going to jump at the chance to take this opportunity. Tamber had been dreaming of this day for as long as she could remember. She had been anxiously awaiting, performing well in school just as she was told. Indeed, the girl's mother was quite sure about how this was going to end. The woman walked to her daughter, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder. She looked up at her mother, meeting her eyes.

"Then I want you to go out there and give it your all, okay?" her mother instructed. "After all, you're a Mose. And we give everything we do a solid 120%!"

Tamber smiled at her mother and nodded excitedly. "I wouldn't give it anything less!"

Her mother smiled at the comment and nodded. Deciding to give the teen some privacy, she left the girl's room and shut the door. A small, satisfied sigh escaping the woman's mouth as she heard Tamber squeal in excitement.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Name: Tamber Mose

Just one thing about your history before I can accept you: the characters won't actually be receiving their starter pokémon until their first post. You can have had pokémon in the past, but they just won't be the ones accompanying you on your journey here. d:

Once you change that, then I can go ahead and accept you~

Also keep in mind that your pokémon can learn more than four moves, and that they start at level 15. They can have one TM/Egg move as well, if you so wish.

Nakuzami

Years
Oh, you missed the brief mention of Viola and Fina in your Writing Sample. But I'll go ahead and Accept[ed] you as it is. :3 Welcome to the Lost Archipelago.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Interesting! Perhaps I could have a reserve?

Name | Calvin "Cal" Ridge
Date of Birth | January 17th, 2003
Gender | Male
Hometown | Lavender Town, Kanto
Password | I'm lost, like when I watched Lost that one time.

Appearance |
"Handsome? I prefer the term dashing!"
Spoiler:

Personality |
"I'm not crazy! I'm just pro-hyperactivity!"

By all means Cal is the "Eccentric Goofball." On top of his overly-friendly personality he has extremely fast thought processing abilities, an absurd amount of energy, and a hyperactive imagination. These three factors combined together leads him to be the cat that curiosity killed. Trouble always seems to find him no matter what average and mundane task he is doing. Normally he gets a chore/job, finds a "better" way to do it, and let's his ideas run...The majority of the time it's not TOO destructive. In fact, destructive isn't the word for it: Chaotic is far more fitting. Calvin almost thrives on the lack of order in his thoughts. He isn't opposed to civilization or anything; He just doesn't like a lot of rules. Contrary to popular belief Calvin can in fact be serious. When he finds a girl he likes he starts to stutter and blush frequently, which completely off-sets his normal self. Other times when he drops the goofball act include, and are not limited to: The nuclear apocalypse, fighting criminals, being chivalrous, and the aftermath of a time travel-gone-wrong.

Starter Pokémon

Species | Charmander
Gender | Male
Name | Ragnorak
Moveset | Scratch, Growl, Ember, Smokescreen

Species | Munchlax
Gender | Male
Name | Konzu
Moveset | Odor Sleuth, Tackle, Lick, Amnesia, Defense Curl, Snatch

Miscellaneous | (Anything that hasn't been covered above that you feel is worth mentioning.)

Last edited:

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I'm going to work on a signup, but do you mind if I ask for a little exception? I want my character to start off with a Shinx and Litleo as a sort of thematic thing, but since Litleo is a fire/normal type that isn't really an option.

So do you mind if I write my sign up with both pokemon? I can always adjust the character but I figured I could ask before doing so.

Also regarding egg moves/tm will pokemon be able to progressively learn them during the roleplay or is it just limited to what the pokemon start with?

Nakuzami

Years
@heretostay123 - You are reserved.

@Kranic - Hmm . . . well, those are both pokémon that should be available somewhat early on. You could perhaps go with Litleo and then catch a Shinx?

It shouldn't affect your SU too much, as your character will receive their starter(s) during your first post. But if your SU is well done, I certainly won't mind allowing you to have both, since neither of them are rare.

Well, I don't think I'll allow pokémon to learn egg moves later on, unless I came up with an explanation, but TM/HM moves will be available.

You are reserved as well.

Nakuzami

Years
It's doing quite well as it is! The only issue I can see is the overuse of commas in places where something like a semi-colon might be more appropriate. Other than that little grammar thing (which a lot of people aren't that great with. I myself have only gotten better with it recently.), it's coming along nicely. Just get that history and writing sample up and you should be good!

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
My signup is mostly done, I' must a bit conflicted on details I want for my character's history. It should be up sometime this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back