• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Just a little something from my project Pokémon Cyan.
cyanscreenshot.png
I love the palettes and tiles used, they're very attractive. The custom overworld style is great too, but the head is a bit strange, as well as the skin palette. The fact that the eyes are so low down looks odd, I'd suggest either trying to make the head one pixel taller, move the eyes up under the brim of the hat, or shrink the hat by one pixel. The skin is more of a personal preference, but I think it's a little pale in comparison to the bright colors of the clothing and the richer colors of the tiles. Other than that though it's very nice.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Two screens from my game. It's about 50% complete. I'd make a thread for it but I find it kinda difficult. :knockedou

23t0c5v.jpg
aooz7m.jpg

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Spaceemotion revamped the UI for the DPad and action button in ZENFORMS.
I know a lot of people did not like our old DPad so we hope they like this one.
The action button - the button on the right - is context sensitive and will react with a new icon based on what is in front of the player.
It also hides when not needed.

There is some errors with it being a pixel off in places, that's an error because I didn't update the code when I added the new resources. I'll just have to change the button positions.
4d4d42aaa64c9cd0a4ea1266a0091dc5-d4la474.png

Screenshot was taken on the shcool grand hall map. NO NPCs on map yet.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I'm glad to see people are making progress on their games. Everything's looking great guys, keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Got a couple of screens from the intro and starter selection of Pokemon PC.
pokeGB_snapshot39.png

pokeGB_snapshot40.png

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
^wow, looks great.

only issue i can pick up on is that the border around the pokemon on the second screen is transparent.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I've been trying to add Light effects in certain parts of my game. It doesn't always work but when it does it looks like this

2q3t4yb.jpg

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Those are pretty nice effects. I'm interested to see how it looks in motion.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Those are pretty nice effects. I'm interested to see how it looks in motion.

I'll try to get a video up in the thread I made for the game
Thing is, it looks cool and then for some reason the effect resets and restarts. I'll have to look into that lol

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
This is from the first bunch of "official" storyline screenshots. Anything with text generally before now were place holders.

This is from the opening scene with the player's best friend Keith (on the right) and the player looking up at the Caladan Protector school.
StorylineScreenshot02.png

You will notice the people shadows do not match the opacity of the shadows of the objects (screen is from dusk- shadows weaken as it gets darker). This is something that will be coded into a engine this week.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Wow that school looks so much better than it did back when I first saw it haha.

Very nice. I am a little bothered by the stone tiles offsetting with the building though. just looks really funky.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I love the tiles.

But I'm not too fond of that character overworld on the left. The hairstyle looks way too weird. If it's a Mohawk, I'd thicken it 2-3 pixels. But even then, it'd still look odd. :/

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Edit:
Only saw your comment now aquakip. It's not his hairstyle. It's one of these: http://www.buymerchant.net/images/products/secondary/89.jpg

Very nice. I am a little bothered by the stone tiles offsetting with the building though. just looks really funky.

Ha you just helped me fix a bug. I was like "Huh? It's not offset" - checked the map file - fine - checked screenshot.... Oh....

I have 2 map files for the hometown, 1 was an older file format with some errors and the other was different file format with a new way to handle some layers- with fixed tile errors.
You made me notice I was loading the original file for the intro and not the newer file. Cheers man for that! I most likely would of never spotted that!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
That screenshot is so cool.
Your shadows suffer the same fate as pretty much every game around these parts. (including my game). Building shadows are to the right of the building, while objects like trees or signs are below more so. Or just generally not matching proportion compared to other objects in the game world. It's not an issue for me, but don't be surprised if you get a few more comments like that.

I'm a huge fan of your game!

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
A few videos of the game in development I'm working on.

Battle preview:

Capture preview:

Atomic Reactor

Wow Spira, that looks really freakin cool. I can't wait to see more on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back