• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold or SoulSilver?

HeartGold or SoulSilver?

• HeartGold

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
Years
So, which of these two games did you prefer?

Was it because of the version exclusives? The version mascot? Or was it based on which of the original Gold and Silver games you played?

Vote in the poll and give reasons!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love both games equally...well because besides the little variations between them, they are basically the same game. If I had to pick one out of the two, I'd vote for HeartGold solely due to the fact that it's the one I bought out of the two, not to mention I grew up playing Gold as a kid.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I liked Heartgold better honestly :3. I've loved Lugia ever since I first set my eyes upon it in the Pokemon Movie 2000, all those years ago buut Heartgold will still be my favourite <3. Reasons? As good as Lugia is, nothing compares to the beautiful Ho-oh. The bright feathers and colouring really appeals to me, I love it's soothing battle music and the storyline behind it. Stats are great,typing, just a wonderful version mascot in general :D.

Also HG in my opinion offers better Pokemon :P. Because it has Arcanine and therefore is the best game ever. I never played the originals so I can't say anything based on that, but to sum it up Heartgold is my pick :).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would say HeartGold because I prefer the version exclusive Pokemon for HeartGold, but SoulSilver got Lugia as the mascot. I prefer Lugia over Ho-oh. So it's kinda hard to pick lol *_*

Years
SoulSilver for me, because I my brother already had HeartGold and I liked SS's version exclusives better.

Also, I like Lugia better than Ho-Oh.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I was originally given Pokemon Silver for my 10th birthday, Soul Silver was sort of a homecoming for me.

Years
I grew up playing the original Gold, so it was only natural that I migrated towards HeartGold out of the two. That, and my cousin was already planning to get SoulSilver, so I wanted to get the opposite version.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Hm. This one's tough. I like both Heartgold and Soulsilver. I end up playing Soulsilver, cuz I had Silver when I was just a lil kid...it still a tough choice, tho.

I'm gonna go with Soulsilver, tho. But that's only because I like Lugia's battle theme better than Ho-Oh. lol

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Most of my friends went with the fruity bird, but I went for Lugia because I wanted Lugia first and I believe that Lugia is better than old fruity bird, so I purchased Pokemon Soul Silver.

:t354:TG

Years
I prefer HeartGold since I find Ho-Oh to be cooler than Lugia in all aspects. That and we got the awesome Growlithe in HG, which I loooove to use (as much as I love Vulpix ;;). My friend was also going with SS so I'd naturally get the other version.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
Soulsilver because I like the version exclusives better. Plus I always liked silver better than gold.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
While there is barley any huge differences compared to both versions, I prefer HeartGold for one reason alone - not being forced into the whirl islands.

I hate that confusing dungeon, but with HG it's a optional area, although the bell tower was a bit irritating at times.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
I definitely have to say that I prefer HeartGold, but manly for the reason that I played that game first. I always liked Lugia over Ho-Oh before, but after playing through I found that I do like the fire bird a little bit more now. Another reason is that I absolutely adore Arcanine, and Growlithe was a HeartGold exclusive. But still, I enjoyed both games and they seem mostly the same to me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
HeartGold, although I like Lugia better than Ho-Oh. It just seems more elegant and pristine.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I played Gold first, but I picked SoulSilver, well... because "HeartGold" sounds effeminate to me. XD

I've had like three copies of SoulSilver though, and definitely prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh.

Back