• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon progressively getting easier?

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Nope. We're just getting better. We've gained more knowledge on the games to the point we pretty much know what to expect. It's gotten to the point where we've made hacks just to try to throw ourselves off guard.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Well, I just found White to be much easier than Yellow because of Yellow's unfair first Gym, which forced me to quit early. I have heard that some people were annoyed with Whitmey's Miltank in G/S/C, so maybe the whole series is actually getting easier, especially if you chose Charmander in R/B.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2014
Audino pretty much ruined Black/White for me, because it made leveling up ridiculously easy and I could blitz through the game with one Pokemon. Pokemon Diamond wasn't too bad, but there were a lot of distractions like that stupid underground thing that padded out that game. Emerald was hard for me because I was young at the time of playing it, so I think it's just an experience thing. There is no doubt that Black/White was the easiest Pokemon game ever, especially with the lack of variety that plagued the game. I hope that X and Y isn't just a Gimmick-Fest (see Sky Battles).

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Personally I do believe that the games are getting significantly easier. Which is alright, because some of the younger players might get deterred from the game. The decrease in difficulty is a bit annoying for me, but that's why I play the game straight on my first run, and then either attempt a Nuzlocke or make my own challenge. That way I can still have the same challenge I had during Red/Blue/G/S/C's time.

Back