• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Were can I find decent Pokemon Trainer sprites that have a white background? I can't find a May sprite like that. Any help. I can't get on deviantart.

Check out the Pixel Art section or an art shop. Someone might be able to make you one there. In the future, please know that this help thread is for games, not finding sprites.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
fakes on ebay?

hi guys im looking to buy pokemon platinum for under £15 on ebay and i see alot of fakes and was wondering if you could help me pick out a real one.
im not sure if this is the correct place to post this
www .ebay.co.uk/itm/POKEMON-PLATINUM-VERSION-POKEMON-PEARL-VERSION-DS-GAME-CARD-ONLY-GOOD-CONDITION-/251325195751?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a842625e7
the link i have posted is one i have found and i need some opinions

Altair1

Willpower
Years
hi guys im looking to buy pokemon platinum for under £15 on ebay and i see alot of fakes and was wondering if you could help me pick out a real one.
im not sure if this is the correct place to post this
www .ebay.co.uk/itm/POKEMON-PLATINUM-VERSION-POKEMON-PEARL-VERSION-DS-GAME-CARD-ONLY-GOOD-CONDITION-/251325195751?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a842625e7
the link i have posted is one i have found and i need some opinions

I have a strong hunch that these games are fake. I'll give you a some reasons why...

First of all, it's the cartridge only, in plastic cases.
The stickers on the cartridge don't match my legit games.
There are multiple available from the same seller!
The Nintendo seal is on the wrong side, it should be on the left side.
I don't think any cartridges have the 'E' rating on them.

pokefangunner

PokeGleek
Years
PokePark Question!

Hay everyone i've been wanting to play the 2 PokePark games for a long time, i was wondering what is the gameplay like?? is it a platformer? minigames? battles??? or all of these?? And are the games good? :)

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
My best explanation would be all three that you mentioned in the OP. It's pretty good, but some parts can be pretty childish. (At least in the sequel, not sure about the first one.) But, you might still enjoy it. Try it out.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Tips to beat an overpowered Volcarona?

My friend has a Volcarona, which is incredibly OP as it has high Special Attack, Special Defence and Speed! My team consists of Ampharos, Emboar, Lilligant, Lucario, Weavile and Gliscor. Is there anything I can do to counter this monster without my Pokemon getting massacred? It has Heat Wave, Psychic, Bug Buzz and Hurricane. Any suggestions? And yes, it's faster than Lilligant, so Sleep Powder won't work.
Also, what moveset do you think I should give to my Gliscor, considering its Sand Veil ability? I caught and evolved it very recently and really want to make use of it.

Years
region lock on pokemon games

so i just ordered my first 3ds and pokemon y from usa, and i got a friend who ordered it here is israel.
my question is, first, what is "region lock", will it affect in anyway my gameplay if it's by trade, pvp, party (heard it's a new feature in the x&y, got anymore info on it?) rather worldwide or five feet away from the other person?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Region lock basically prevents you from playing say a NA cart on a Japanese 3DS, for example. It doesn't mess with the other stuff like wifi and whatnot. Donno about this "party" but few does since the game isn't out yet.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
if oyu ordered a 3ds from the usa you'll have to get usa games.
because your 3ds will be region locked to the usa.

Years
SoulSilver or Crystal?

Hi guys, yesterday I got Pokemon yellow (finally, sigh). And I planning to stick to it for a while, however, I'm not sure what to play afterwards!
I am planning to play all generations from the beginning. I am afraid that if I go though Kanto now, and then Kanto and Johto in Crystal, Soul Silver will feel boring and repetitive and I won't be able to enjoy it, not the story or graphics. Since I would already know everything that's going to happen. (Or at least most of it). So should I skip the Crystal?
My playing order was supposed to be:
Yellow-Crystal-FireRed-Emerald-SoulSilver-Platinum-White-White2-X

But now I am not sure whether I should skip the Crystal(And maybe firered(?)) and just return to them (much) later when nostalgia kicks in?

To sum up:, should I play firered after yellow, and then emerald and soulsilver, or should I just skip it all and play yellow, then emerald, and then soulsilver?

If you guys played all of these games and you can suggest a playing order, feel free to! :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I suggest you to go with the order of playing that you have stated in your post:

Yellow -> Crystal -> FireRed -> Emerald -> SoulSilver -> Platinum -> White -> White2 -> X

Crystal and SoulSilver, although having similar storylines, are vastly different from each other! The both of them are almost like two different games. Skipping Crystal means skipping an entire generation and I wouldn't recommend that if you want to have a full Pokemon experience from start to end. The same goes to FireRed. It's up to you to decide though! Just remember to enjoy yourself! All the best in your Pokemon adventures. :D

Years
I suggest you to go with the order of playing that you have stated in your post:

Yellow -> Crystal -> FireRed -> Emerald -> SoulSilver -> Platinum -> White -> White2 -> X

Crystal and SoulSilver, although having similar storylines, are vastly different from each other! The both of them are almost like two different games. Skipping Crystal means skipping an entire generation and I wouldn't recommend that if you want to have a full Pokemon experience from start to end. The same goes to FireRed. It's up to you to decide though! Just remember to enjoy yourself! All the best in your Pokemon adventures. :D

Hmm are you sure? I mean, by the time I start SoulSilver I will pass through the whole Johto once, and through the whole Kanto THREE times. Wouldn't that ruin...something? Either that "Surprise" factor since you will know everything, or even the "adventurous" feel? Idk, Im just guesssing what might happen so I might be over analyzing xD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yup, I'm sure. c: I've played both Crystal and SoulSilver and I can honestly say that the both of them have very different feelings. Even though you may be traveling through the whole region three times, you'll experience many different things you won't be able to experience in just one game. The 'Surprise factor' will definitely be present, and all you have to do is to find out that factor and be pleasantly surprised. But as I've said before, it's entirely up to you! This is just my personal recommendation. :3

Years
  • Age 60
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
My son is asking me to get him an instruction book for playing Pokemon card game? Are they many type of cards game? What is the official one that they have the tournament every year? If there were many games, what is the easiest for beginners to learn? Thank you in advance.

Years
Question about the Masuda Method

Will a Ditto from my Japanese copy of Soul Silver work for the Masuda Method if I trade it over to my copy of Black or Black 2? The game itself is from Japan but it's played on my US DS/3DS. I've heard that it can be any foreign pokémon but I haven't had much luck in finding out if different generations count or not since the odds have changes with gen 5.

So far I've figured out that I can't actually transfer pokémon from my Japanese game to my US Black 1 or 2 so I trade them to any of my US gen 4 games and then it works fine. The whole process gets tedious so I want to make sure it works before I go Ditto hunting to have a Japanese Ditto army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back