• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Melanite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Pokemon%20Mealnite%20Version%20Logo.png

Hello Everyone. This is my fan game that I started recently called Pokemon Melanite Version. So far I have put together a lot of different graphics and started making the game. Here is some info.

THE STORY
Backstory
Long, long ago, when Arceas created the world around Mt. Coronet, and the Sinnoh region was formed, Palkia and DIalga ruled TIme and Space. They made sure that Time and Space didn't become corrupted. Over the years, more regions appeared, and Pokemon lived happily with humans across the world. Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, and Unova, set up leagues, where people and Pokemon fought together. Everything was good. But there was another region. When Sinnoh was created, a large land mass off the coast of what is now Canalave City appeared. This region was settled around the same time as Sinnoh, and was home to the power, that kept peace in the world. Palkia and Dialga, kept balance between time and space on Mt. Coronet, but that balance alone would not be enough to keep the world in order. There needed to be complete balance. This was kept by two opposite powers, who together, kept peace over the world. These two powers were Order and Chaos. They were controlled by two beings, Reshiram, who controlled Order, and Zekrom, who controlled Chaos. They kept each other in balance, and made Peace in the world, from the Zela Region. The ancient power of balance was locked away where no one would be able to disrupt it. And to keep it safe, Reshiram and Zekrom entrusted themselves to two trainers who proved their worth. These trainers were given immortality, and the responsibility to keep the world in balance. They were called Yin, and Yang. To make sure that these trainers could not become corrupted, and try to destroy balance in the world, another Pokemon, Lucario, controlled the aura of every living thing. Only beings with truly pure auras could access the power located in the Zela region. Lucario held the key to enter, and would only entrust himself to a trainer who was pure of heart, and only wanted to do good. Another Pokemon named Zoroark, was trusted as Lucario's guardian. Only it knew where Lucario was at every given time. Zoroark had the ability to look like anything, so it was nearly impossible to find. With the world's balance locked away deep, with no way to disturb it, the universe lived on happily.

But of course, there were those who didn't want peace in the world. One Pokemon, Darkrai was angry. He was created as the Pokemon of nightmares and evil. There was no place for him in the world, and he was banished to an island in Sinnoh called Newmoon Island. From there, he could do nothing but wait, for a trainer to give him a chance to escape. Darkrai waited for hundreds of years. Using his power to give humans nightmares. Until one day, he sensed a strong presence in Canalave City, where his powers could reach. Normally, he attacked the weak, but Darkrai felt an urge to cause this trainer chaos. He conjured an illusion, who led the trainer into an abandoned house. There, the trainer slept, and dreamt. The trainer dreamt they were traveling to Newmoon Island, where they battled Darkrai. Darkrai let himself be captured, and the trainer awoke with Darkrai in their possession. Then, Darkrai fled, and planned his attack on the world. He decided the only way for him to fit in, was for the world to be filled with chaos and darkness. He traveled to the Zela Region, where balance was held, and started his plan. Darkrai found an innocent young girl. He corrupted and possessed her, and set out to find Zoroark. After traveling the entire region, he discovered the secret, of the Region. He found Zoroark, and forced it to tell him the location of Lucario. After defeating Lucario, he forced his way to the source of power in Zela. He was so close to wreaking havoc in the world. But he was stopped. Reshiram and Zekrom had sensed something was wrong, and found out what was happening almost too late. They found a young trainer and her mentor, and traveled to the source of power. The combined force of the trainer, her mentor, Yin, and Yang were able to stop Darkrai just in time. They called upon Celebi to help them lock Darkrai away forever. They trapped him deep in a tower, and Celebi froze him in time. There Darkrai sits until this day. That was about 30 years ago. Over time, the tower has been used as a place to lay dying Pokemon to rest. The only people that know of the world's almost destruction are Yin, Yang, the young trainer, and her mentor. That trainer grew up to become a Pokemon Champion, and still ruled the Zela Pokemon League. Her name is Alice. Her mentor left, and traveled the world researching Pokemon. His name was Oak.

The Beginning
You are a young person who grew up in a small town called Lily Town. You are twelve years old, and have never seen anything but your home town. You can't help but be curious when an old man travels to your hometown, and heads straight into Dusk Forest. You have been forbidden from entering the forest because of the dangerous wild Pokemon inside. You have never been farther than the entrance, but can't help but follow the old man inside. You follow him up to an old building, and he stops suddenly. "I know you have been following me." You are terrified and frozen in place by nerves. "Don't be afraid. I am not going to harm you. The Spinerak and Ariados who followed you may though." You jump and turn around to see tons of giant bug Pokemon right behind you. "Quick, hurry me inside." You have no choice but to follow and head inside the old building.

The old man turns to you and asks if you are okay. "Those are some pretty nasty bug Pokemon out there. You should not have followed me. It is dangerous without a Pokemon to defend you. Come here, I will explain everything, but first, it is late, you should rest.

When you wake up, the old man gets up from a chair. "Oh good, you're awake. My name is Oak. People call me the Pokemon Professor. What was you're name? You tell the professor your name and he jumps. You ask what's wrong but he says it is nothing. "Anyway, it is dangerous in the forest. There are some tough Pokemon out there. It won't be safe for you to leave alone, and I have a lot to do, in little time. You are lucky, I met up with some old friends before coming here, and they gave me some Pokemon. You may have one of them. Now, which one do you want?" He gives you the choice of three different Pokemon, Sneasel, Croagunk, and Natu. You pick one and the Professor says you should leave now. You make your way out of the forest with your brand new Pokemon, and found that your mom has been looking everywhere for you. She is grateful that you are okay, and you explain what happened. She says you should rest, and when you wake up she tells you that you should go back and thank the professor for saving you and for the gift of a Pokemon. You head back to find the forest strangely still. You enter the building and find it abandoned. You look around and find no trace of where the Professor went. The only other path in the forest is blocked by large trees. As you turn to leave, you notice a box you didn't see before. On the box is a note. It reads

(Name)

I am assuming you are reading this. When I met you I knew you would be one who would come back. I am sorry I didn't have time to explain much to you. They are coming for me. The Pokemon of the forest won't hold them off for long. Take the items in the box. They will help you out in the journey that now cannot be stopped. I can't be sure if you are truly the one, but when I heard your name, well, I don't have time to explain in this letter. Just take the contents of this box. Inside is a red computer device. That is called a PokeDex. It will record data on Pokemon you encounter. There is also a PokeGear you can use to check a map, and call trainers. There are also some Pokeballs you can use to catch wild Pokemon to help you on your journey. You probably have no idea what any of this is about, but if I am correct, you may be the only one who can fix this. Just head on to Newera Town, and find a lady named Alice. She should still be there. Find Alice, and tell her that Peace has been broken once again. She will know what it means. Unfortunately, she will remember only very little of what to do. I came here on a strange hunch I got, and it is all coming back to me. You have to tell her that it is -

The note ends here, with scrapes on the paper, as if the Professor was dragged away while trying to write more. With nothing else to do, but do what Oak said, you head on to Newera Town to find whoever Alice is.

Characters

Spoiler:

POKEMON

First off the starters
I am not going with the normal fire/water/grass types. Also I have made the starters all only two form Pokemon. Not two separate evolutions. Also, I have equalled up the stats of the starters and changed the methods of evolution. Here they are.

Sneasel
ice/dark type
evolves at level 25 into weavile

Croagunk
fight/poison
evolves at level 22 into toxicroak

Natu
fly/psychic
evolves at level 20 into Xatu

Next off the legendaries. They all play roles in the main story.

Reshiram
Zekrom
Lucario
Zoroark
Darkrai
Celebi
Mew

Reshiram and Zekrom are the keepers of balance and peace. Darkrai wishes to destroy the world etc. You can read about it in the story section. The only new one here is mew. Mew will be a roaming legendary after the main story. I won't give away why.

GYMS

Spoiler:

REGION

Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

CREDITS

Spoiler:

Support Tags Coming Soon!

Please let me know what you think and visit the site in my signature

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Looks promising so far. Glad to see my name on a credits list for a fangame that isn't my own. You may want to change it from Rayquaza-Dot to Rayquaza., my user name on deviantart is Rayquaza-Dot because usernames aren't allowed full-stops.

Years
I love the plot, it's definitely a step away from the normal "get a pokemon beat gyms" route. Best of luck, I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Looks promising so far. Glad to see my name on a credits list for a fangame that isn't my own. You may want to change it from Rayquaza-Dot to Rayquaza., my user name on deviantart is Rayquaza-Dot because usernames aren't allowed full-stops.

Ok thanks for the support. I changed it in the credits
And thanks for checking out the site. It is updated weekly on fridays.

I love the plot, it's definitely a step away from the normal "get a pokemon beat gyms" route. Best of luck, I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

Thanks. I really put a lot into the story. Glad that you think so.

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Support Tags Coming Soon

I noticed that no one has replied in a while, and I'm guessing no one else will unless I posted to keep the thread alive. I am letting everyone know that the game is not dead, I am still working on it, although it has come to a slow since I still am in need of character sprites. They are being worked on. Also, support tags are coming soon.

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
Saw this on r/Pokemon. AWESOME! :D I like the mapping and the story, but, since
Psychic Flying beats Fighting Poison beats Dark Ice beats Psychic Flying, we'd have the Psychic Starter not be able to use any Psychic attacks on Sneasel?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Saw this on r/Pokemon. AWESOME! :D I like the mapping and the story, but, since
Psychic Flying beats Fighting Poison beats Dark Ice beats Psychic Flying, we'd have the Psychic Starter not be able to use any Psychic attacks on Sneasel?

hey, I understand your view point, but I will tell you, that was the point. If you have seen my site recently, there is a page about the starters and why they were chosen. The starter you pick sets a game difficulty. natu, is the hardest, for that reason, and that it will be weak against many gyms, and the champion. Sneasel is medium, and croagunk is easy.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
You should probably fix the text on the HP boxes in this screenshot:

battle%20screenshot.png

Open up your script editor and go to PokeBattle_ActualScene. Scroll down to line 1247, and 1248. Edit those two lines to change the color of the text so it blends in better with your HP box.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I was actually just looking on the wiki on how to do that. Thank you

EDITEDITEDITEDIT

I just changed it. You gave the wrong lines BTW, but I caught it in time. thanks though here is the new picture

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-24%20at%2010.31.16%20PM.png

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I like the new colour for text, I never did like the shadow used on the text however! But yours looks fine... Any new pictures or anything?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I have a ton, but I haven't put them up quite yet. I will update the main thread now.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Looking good... However, Spinerak is spelt Spinarak haha, good effort though.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Looking good... However, Spinerak is spelt Spinarak haha, good effort though.

Sorry LOL that's an old picture. That was fixed a while ago. Most of these pictures are from a while ago. I had the checked by some people helping me out. That was caught. thanks though

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
This game looks good if it gets fully completed and everything it will probably be my favourite hack yet :D

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
This game looks good if it gets fully completed and everything it will probably be my favourite hack yet :D

*Twitch* NOT A HACK NOT A HACK. Thank you for the kind words, but really, this isn't in emulation, it says on the page made in RMXP. I'm glad you like it though

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
oh sorry but it does look good wish it was a hack tho :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back