• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Thinking realistically, I highly doubt a tentacle monster would have the intelligence to do those sorts of things. If they did though, I still don't think they'd even want to. A tentacle monster would probably only be interested other tentacle monsters of the opposite sex. If one encountered a human(oid) and assaulted it, the more likely scenario would be that it uses its tentacles to strangle them or break their limbs or something along those lines. Although, the danger could in fact make for some interesting scenarios.

If I misinterpreted that conversation, ignore that entire paragraph.
I agree with you, they wouldn't have the intelligence to do those types of things. However, there are two things to consider in a case such as this.

The first is whether they gain any positive sensation from their tentacles. If so, it's not unlikely that, if there were creatures with a similar trait around, they would adapt to have a positive mutual relationship, and thus it would be in their nature to do so, rather than a matter of intelligence. It could also be a way of asserting dominance over several areas and races of youkai. This is likely, as youkai, especially the weaker or less intelligent ones, tend to try to assert their dominance through some type of force rather than politics or tactics (some popular examples are orcs (intelligence) and fairies (strength)).

The second thing is that we must, of course, take suspension of disbelief into consideration. As Saph explained, the creatures that exist in the youkai realm are corrupted versions of animals from the human realm. What this means, essentially, is that logic will still exist, but it will be warped until it can have time to make sense of itself. Now, it's been a good while since the schism, so the ex-animals-now-youkai have probably had time to adapt to both their new environment and their new corrupted bodies...if they didn't die outright. However, it's because of these two factors (especially the youkai) that this suspension of disbelief exists, and that it's very possible that they could have those types of tendencies to humanoids, largely because of the variety at which youkai exist.

...It's nice to be able to discuss things like this on a serious level. A lot of times people will just take it to the gutter, but it makes for nice discussion.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Hey, I never explicitly mentioned anything inappropriate. Besides, this is educational discussion. Regardless, there's a big T in this thread's title.

Who decides what's inappropriate anyway? Who has the right to decide what our children can and can't learn? Who, I ask you?

Spoiler:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
……… when I mentioned "tentacle monster" I wasn't exactly talking about: tentacle+anime= -------

this happens everytime when I decide to get some sleep and then wake up D:

This EXACTLY why people think we are on drugs.

Years
You mean that they're not?

Also, I don't know why but I felt like making Allister do something aggressive and reckless... I guess it helps move the story forward so it's not that big a deal.

Sapphire Rose

Years
You mean that they're not?

Also, I don't know why but I felt like making Allister do something aggressive and reckless... I guess it helps move the story forward so it's not that big a deal.

Hmmm... Well, when ShiynDiamond has posted I will end the IC day ^^;; sorry that it took so longgg hehe~

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
You guys are just reminding me of how fanservice ruined SAO's Second Arc :c

@Wolfy: Was that aimed at me?

Something about this discussion about the wildlife of the Youkai Realm is really amusing. I never really think about these sort of things with actual logic.

@Pink: How many "creatures" do you plan to create O.o

Sapphire Rose

Years
@Wolfy: Was that aimed at me?

Something about this discussion about the wildlife of the Youkai Realm is really amusing. I never really think about these sort of things with actual logic.

@Pink: How many "creatures" do you plan to create O.o

As much as possibleeeeeeeee~!!! :D

Meh c: Just a few, I don't think there should be a limit because... because.

More seriously now, a limit to youkai would be weird since there is no limit to the kinds of birds or dogs or cats and other animals we have in the human world, right?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, you and Macho, and the whole big 'mature' discussion about Tentacle Monsters.

I love you guys but sometimes your conversations go loopy.

So, to remedy your illness, here's a daily dose of internet!

Sapphire Rose

Years
Well, you and Macho, and the whole big 'mature' discussion about Tentacle Monsters.

I love you guys but sometimes your conversations go loopy.

So, to remedy your illness, here's a daily dose of internet!

We need to cure you from your illness of thinking that we are ill.

Sapphire Rose

Years
I took my imaginary medication this morning, thank you very much.

Now, we need to tend to your illness of thinking that I think everyone else is ill.

Nooo, we need to tend to your illness of thinking that i'm ill for thinking that you are ill for thinking that everyone else is ill.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Nooo, we need to tend to your illness of thinking that i'm ill for thinking that you are ill for thinking that everyone else is ill.

Are you crazy?

Obviously you are ill for thinking that my thinking you are ill is an illness while you say I am ill for thinking that I think everyone is ill, which itself is an illness.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Are you crazy?

Obviously you are ill for thinking that my thinking you are ill is an illness while you say I am ill for thinking that I think everyone is ill, which itself is an illness.

You are an illness to the brain. So technically you are ill from your own illness c:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I am ready for the next ic day. (also, I asked my teachers if I could take my finals this week since I'm done with all my coursework and they said yes :) I take them on Thursday so I'll have more time to post starting Friday)

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Definitely ready...thats all I need to say about it!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Back