• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ✨ The Fairy Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hexhellfire said:
holy crap this is some really impressive work!! are you using photo shop? ive had a drawing tablet since last xmas but im struggling to get thing looking so crisp and neat. ant tips?

Thanks Hex! :D That means a lot to me coming from an artist like you.

Yes, I do use Photoshop (CS7) although, I admit, I wouldn't if it didn't come with my tablet. GIMP is definitely an awesome, easy to navigate, and free program that can do pretty much anything Photoshop does. So if Photoshop is difficult for you, than definitely search around for a program that suits your artistic needs. As for drawing neat, crisp lines? As much as I hate to say it, there's no trick to it. The best remedy is practice. Time, patience, practice. The one thing that will, without a shadow of a doubt, help you improve your lines is to keep doing it. Go slow, draw mindfully, take your time, and concentrate. But, not so much that your heavy-handed; because you don't want to overdo it either.

I don't like telling people that you need to ~feel the line~. It just sounds so stupid. However, there is an ounce of truth in that anecdote. That, and I know you're already an accomplished artist, so I know you understand what I'm saying. Art (especially some of the technology used to create it) can be finicky because it really gets better as it becomes more natural to you. The more "you" you put into it, the more you get out. That's a terrible answer, I know, but it's the nature of our talent. If you need anymore assistance though, definitely look through some of the Photoshop tutorials in the Art & Design Resource Thread. Or just VM me, and I'll be happy to assist you however possible. :]

Update____________________

Things to see

• New wallpaper up. A request piece for [supporter]The Fattest Snorlax[/supporter]
  • A think a few new sprites lol. I'm not sure.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Things to see

• Big fancy One Piece fan-art : "bon voyage"
  • Ehh my laziness is on display I guess.
  • I got a silly little Celebi sprite up there. The big thing is the One Piece art, go see that. :p

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
That One Piece drawing and basically everything here is amazing. In any other site for some of your work I could of potentially mistook it as official art, especially the 'Wild Pokemon' piece haha. Seriously though awesome work dude, I hope one day to somehow get to your level!

Just out of curiousness what age did you start drawing? Like, dedicated to actually getting better at it rather than just doing random doodles?

Years
Your drawings are absolutely marvelous, however some of your sprites have small little mistakes. I feel like you're making the shading a little to gradient or not enough shading. The old fashioned sprites of those 6 gen pokemon are sexy though. c:

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Your art is absolutely awesome.
I love the details in the sprites. The scenes make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
That Rayquaza is looking really good :O

Also, your Pokemon art look really good. I can feel the vibrancy of the colors popping out OwO. All your art here definitely look good. I really wish I could learn how to color well too. I guess there's still more room for improvement for me.

I can't believe I just decided to check out your thread now. It's really euphoric :>

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'm not going to provide much critique again unlike last time (sweats me out) so yes I'll just focus on the things you can improve upon, and which aren't your old filler-fodder drawings : Spritings.

1yX5Ui7.png

As Derozio says it isn't looking quite right. That is because you've used a double outlining where it is not needed, and not shaded the part lighter outlines.
Here's a small scoop to show a bit of a fix:
This_Part_zps8d8548c7.png

That piece itself made me go: "How the heck does she do that?"
But I found out how you've got your near-to-god skills. You're really dedicated. I mean, when you want to do something, you do it and you're not lazy to. Of course, I've seen some #unfinishedworkplz around here but still.

Then it comes to your bunch of Pixel Collectiones.
A few of them; the jagged outlining is visible. I mean that the outlining becomes slightly inconsistent and make the curves look detracted. Here's what I mean
Outline_Mistake_Part1_zpsd5e58202.png

Outline_Mistake_Part2_zps44f9418c.png

Outline_Mistake_Part3_zps10045180.png

Sorry about non-transparencie

What I may suggest is making the curves more elliptical, or adding an extra lighter outlining outside the real outline (semi-transparent).
If you do not finish this soon I'm going to kill you. This is one goddamn legendary WIP.
To add to the mauling, I have to say A GOOD JOB ON THE NEW ADDITIONS HERE.

BUT I WANT TO STRESS ON THIS POINT!!!
DRAW A SKETCH AND SPRITE IT!!!
You did good with the California Girl NOW I WANT MORE FROM YOUYOUYOU!!!

And for a clarificatione:
Your drawings are absolutely marvelous, however some of your sprites have small little mistakes. I feel like you're making the shading a little to gradient or not enough shading. The old fashioned sprites of those 6 gen pokemon are sexy though. c:

That is something I have to agree as well as disagree with.
Why I disagree: The sprites' shading are completely fine. The art gradience look excellent. For more proof, why not see this piece made by our very own Pixel Moderator Logiedan? That is just a style of shading.
Why I agree: They are perfectly normal, but they just cannot and should not be called sprites. Call it Pixel Art, but sprites are images of characters of video games and hence have their own style of shading, that is to making it more blocky and less blendable. (Totally agree about the 5th Gen devamps (old-fashoinising new art), though)
So yes that is a point-to-be-noted. But not a problem.

That will be all.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow guys. First of all, a big, gigantic, "thank you" blanket to all of my recent posters. Your comments are so, so appreciated and your feedback is fantastic. Thank you, really, :]

I'm going to spoiler my responses to you all because I got carried away!

Scyke said:
That One Piece drawing and basically everything here is amazing. In any other site for some of your work I could of potentially mistook it as official art, especially the 'Wild Pokemon' piece haha. Seriously though awesome work dude, I hope one day to somehow get to your level!

Just out of curiousness what age did you start drawing? Like, dedicated to actually getting better at it rather than just doing random doodles?

Spoiler:

.Bacon said:

Spoiler:

h0tshot1025 said:
Your art is absolutely awesome.
I love the details in the sprites. The scenes make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
That Rayquaza is looking really good :O

Also, your Pokemon art look really good. I can feel the vibrancy of the colors popping out OwO. All your art here definitely look good. I really wish I could learn how to color well too. I guess there's still more room for improvement for me.

I can't believe I just decided to check out your thread now. It's really euphoric :>

Spoiler:

★Hoenn★ said:
I'm not going to provide much critique again unlike last time (sweats me out) so yes I'll just focus on the things you can improve upon, and which aren't your old filler-fodder drawings : Spritings.

1yX5Ui7.png

As Derozio says it isn't looking quite right. That is because you've used a double outlining where it is not needed, and not shaded the part lighter outlines.
Here's a small scoop to show a bit of a fix:
This_Part_zps8d8548c7.png

That piece itself made me go: "How the heck does she do that?"
But I found out how you've got your near-to-god skills. You're really dedicated. I mean, when you want to do something, you do it and you're not lazy to. Of course, I've seen some #unfinishedworkplz around here but still.

Then it comes to your bunch of Pixel Collectiones.
A few of them; the jagged outlining is visible. I mean that the outlining becomes slightly inconsistent and make the curves look detracted. Here's what I mean
Outline_Mistake_Part1_zpsd5e58202.png

Outline_Mistake_Part2_zps44f9418c.png

Outline_Mistake_Part3_zps10045180.png

Sorry about non-transparencie

What I may suggest is making the curves more elliptical, or adding an extra lighter outlining outside the real outline (semi-transparent).
If you do not finish this soon I'm going to kill you. This is one goddamn legendary WIP.
To add to the mauling, I have to say A GOOD JOB ON THE NEW ADDITIONS HERE.

BUT I WANT TO STRESS ON THIS POINT!!!
DRAW A SKETCH AND SPRITE IT!!!
You did good with the California Girl NOW I WANT MORE FROM YOUYOUYOU!!!

And for a clarificatione:
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Bacon

That is something I have to agree as well as disagree with.
Why I disagree: The sprites' shading are completely fine. The art gradience look excellent. For more proof, why not see this piece made by our very own Pixel Moderator Logiedan? That is just a style of shading.
Why I agree: They are perfectly normal, but they just cannot and should not be called sprites. Call it Pixel Art, but sprites are images of characters of video games and hence have their own style of shading, that is to making it more blocky and less blendable. (Totally agree about the 5th Gen devamps (old-fashoinising new art), though)
So yes that is a point-to-be-noted. But not a problem.

That will be all.

Spoiler:

Thanks again everyone for your comments. They mean more to me than I can tell you. :D

Should be updating again soon~<3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
volcarona_devamp1_zps97b2f1ec.png

Things to see

• Two new devamps, Jellicent & Volcarona
  • New gallery style
Enjoy

/// edit \\\

larvesta_devamp_zpsc5b852e5.png

just finished a Larvesta devamp. It's not a serious attempt by any means, so I'm not exactly "proud" of it. But it's done and I decided to add it last minute. :]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Zoro_Sprite_zps21356a2d.png

Things to see

• Devamped Volcarona back sprite.
  • Updated gallery title.
  • In the non-pokemon works area, the "comic inspired art & sketches" section has been removed. Explanation in the spoiler.
    • New section "non-Pokemon sprites" as been added.
    • Going Merry, Zoro, and Luffy sprites have been included in the new section. I've been holding on to those for a while, but never had anywhere to put them. Now that the old section has been removed, I've decided to put these guys in there to replace it.
Enjoy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Usopp_Sprite_zps895e7383.png

The gallery's been updated. Pokemon wallpapers has been consolidated.

Things to see

• Usopp, Nami, and Sanji sprites have been added.
Enjoy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
gengar_request_01_zps4d34bea1.png

Things to see

• Gengar request sprite for zombie on EGC.
Enjoy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thousand_Sunny_Sprite_zps92a7b5b5.png

Things to see

• Thousand Sunny sprite!
After an asinine, painful amount of time I finally finished what I consider my favorite piece. This was.. ugh. A true labor of love. I've spent endless days slaving over this one and it really took a lot out of me lol. But it was a hell of a lot of fun and I'm super happy with the result. I think there are a few places it needs tweaking (the lighting is off on a few spots / some contrast could be added to make some areas pop --specifically the red house on the bridge-- a bit more); but it's mostly trivial, aesthetic things. The bulk of this is completed, so I decided to post it now.

I could use a stiff drink.

Enjoy

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Woah! That Thousand Sunny is SUPER cool! I love the details-- gosh I wish I could say something more but I'm too busy scrolling back up to look at it again to say anything constructive LOL

Like the colors, the shading-- I love itttt you've really outdone yourself!

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Wow, your pixel art looks amazing. The detail you go into the shading is superb and you're unafraid to work with different perspectives and angles. (Legendary beasts pixelart looks very stylized)

Your traditional art is just as compelling with really great lighting and shading. The mama marowak hit me in the feels.

Keep up the spectacular work (cause I'm jelly like a ditto)!

Edit: Trying to avoid generic post syndrome

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Things to see

• A few new sketches in RPD.
  • Thread has been transferred to my new username, Alexial
Enjoy

Also thank Loki and Peachi3xx. I appreciate all of your nice words, as always. <3 n_n

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
red_witch_redraw_01_zps379c5211.png

Big Update____________________
Lots of stuff to add this time around!

Things to see

• Redraw of The Red Witch of Hamlen. This was in desperate need of updating. It was one of the first pieces I drew when I got my tablet.. and looking back on it, I am actually somewhat surprised with myself. I really have improved since oh so long ago, and this is my way of inadvertently proving that to myself. It is, however, still unfinished.
  • Two new Sylveon sprites, one of which is showcased in my signature.
  • A Vulpix sprite for SwiftSign.
  • A Flareon sprite for TwilightBlade.
  • Trafalgar Law sprite for Fury.
  • Natsu Dragneel sprite for Lee.
Enjoy

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Wow that MegaScizor is so BEAST! I like the pincers specially since they look alive. Also the sharper wings give it a more menacing look I think. This is an awesome design Alexial, well done.

Years
Wooah! You're so much talented person! I'm so jealous of your drawing skills. :)
Gimme some skills, you've more that enough for one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back